Any of youse use a VPN to watch TV?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We just got one and are watching with a New York ip address so we can see stuff that they just don't export to Europe.

Now it makes using the internet kind of irritating, though. If I want my computer to know I'm not in the US, I have to switch the damn thing off.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I do.. I use it for all my streaming apps .. except Prime cuz they're no fun..

Austrailian,UK and American since the only language I am fluent is english

What do you get from the UK and Australia? Anything that's free? We already have too many subscriptions.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

What do you get from the UK and Australia? Anything that's free? We already have too many subscriptions.
Can you get BBC iPlayer, 4 on demand, ITV streaming in Portugal? they're free here... You get regional channels on BBC player and stv player...

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Can you get BBC iPlayer, 4 on demand, ITV streaming in Portugal? they're free here... You get regional channels on BBC player and stv player...

Hmmm. Don't know. I'll check. Thanks.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Don't touch my bike. Wooooooo.
Site Supporter ☠️
We just got one and are watching with a New York ip address so we can see stuff that they just don't export to Europe.

Now it makes using the internet kind of irritating, though. If I want my computer to know I'm not in the US, I have to switch the damn thing off.

You might consider IPTV

I can get you thousands of movies and series in Portuguese and 200 American Channels in English

For like 6 dollars a month LOL

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Site Supporter ☠️
You mean like for watching Netflix?

That no longer works
I've never tried it myself... I know people did it it, @realgrimm is clued up on getting all sorts of TV from everywhere and I remember him talking about something like that here...
I used to do it all the time here too, a cousin in the US gave me his netflix login and I used to watch stuff from both countries using a simple FF VPN plugin

There's a lot more content in the US version, but some movies were available here and not in the US for some reason

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Hmmm. Don't know. I'll check. Thanks.
I can recommend a few popular series here if you can get them, I don't watch much telly but I know what folk enjoy here

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

That no longer works
I've never tried it myself... I know people did it it, @realgrimm is clued up on getting all sorts of TV from everywhere and I remember him talking about something like that here...
I used to do it all the time here too, a cousin in the US gave me his netflix login and I used to watch stuff from both countries using a simple FF VPN plugin

There's a lot more content in the US version, but some movies were available here and not in the US for some reason
So they've blocked peeps from doing that now? Bastards! I know it's the whole licensing thing but everybody should get the same Netflix when you're paying for it...

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Site Supporter ☠️

That no longer works

So they've blocked peeps from doing that now? Bastards! I know it's the whole licensing thing but everybody should get the same Netflix when you're paying for it...
Yeah, they detect almost every proxy, VPN and whatnot

You have to literally use someone's computer in the country with a remote desktop proggy to do it today LOL

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

That no longer works

Yeah, they detect almost every proxy, VPN and whatnot

You have to literally use someone's computer in the country with a remote desktop proggy to do it today LOL
Ah like team viewer or something? That would still suck though... I used to download films from putlocker or letmewatchthis but I dunno if they're still about...

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Site Supporter ☠️
Ah like team viewer or something? That would still suck though... I used to download films from putlocker or letmewatchthis but I dunno if they're still about...

If you're going to download, use a VPN and torrent

One of the good things about living in the 3rd world is that you don't have to worry about getting sued for that LOL

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

That no longer works

Thats incorrect.. since Netflix streams content due to you IP address Its real easy to adjust your location as long as you make sure its the same general location..

IE: Pick your specifics in accordance to location .. You can be in Scotland at 2 pm so impossible New York at 4:45.. Netflix allows travel as long as its realistic

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

That no longer works

Thats incorrect.. since Netflix streams content due to you IP address Its real easy to adjust your location as long as you make sure its the same general location..

IE: Pick your specifics in accordance to location .. You can be in Scotland at 2 pm so impossible New York at 4:45.. Netflix allows travel as long as its realistic
So if I hadn't logged in for say 24 hours I could use a new york IP and keep it at that? And vice versa if if wanted to go back to the euro NF?

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

That no longer works

Yup illegal apps not supported thru Google Play app store,, make sure to use a proxy and adjust your settings to allow unsafe outside applications to install on your device.. I sideload a bunch of torrent scraping stream services

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

That no longer works

So if I hadn't logged in for say 24 hours I could use a new york IP and keep it at that? And vice versa if if wanted to go back to the euro NF?

Sure as long as its a reasonable amount of time.. stick with 1 IP make sure your proxy settings dont refresh if your proxy IP crashes .. blah blah .. you know..

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

That no longer works

Sure as long as its a reasonable amount of time.. stick with 1 IP make sure your proxy settings dont refresh if your proxy IP crashes .. blah blah .. you know..
I've got McAfee premium plus vpn so that should be pretty stable right?

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

That no longer works

Does it allow you to choose the geographical IP address you wanna use

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

That no longer works

Does it allow you to choose the geographical IP address you wanna use
I don't have it lol, I've got livesafe premium + which is only malware, passwords etc etc I thought the vpn came with it lol

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That no longer works

Yes. For watching Netflix. There's more content in the US. And actually, yes, the VPN works. And Hulu won't even allow you to log in from a European country. Prime limits what you can watch outside US. It's stupid.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Yes, I can get them with VPN. Yahoo!!!!

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Yes, I can get them with VPN. Yahoo!!!!
The line of duty is really popular on the BBC, cop drama series...

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Site Supporter ☠️

LOL my first year in the US, my Saturday nights used to be spent drinking beer, watching Cops and Mad TV on Fox

One of the reasons I liked Cops is that they kinda taught you how to deal with the police in case they stopped you

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Site Supporter ☠️

That no longer works

I imagined there was some sort of workaround, but still, since the account is not mine I decided to leave it alone

LOL truth is, there's so much content for free or almost free today, I simply stopped bothering

And I don't have TV that much, maybe a couple hours every night before sleeping

I usually find one show I like, besides a movie, and just binge watch it

Like Archer. I have never heard about it and them I saw a 1/2 episode on FX and downloaded all the seasons

One of the few reasons I pay a few bucks for IPTV is because they're excellent to find new shows

Like the one with that Carmichael dude, who goes around finding hidden coffee farms in the middle of nowhere, to find badass beans