Christian Schools are booming in the US

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
....but could it be something even more fundamental? That parents just want their kids to learn & understand the basics...Reading, Writing, 'Rithmetic?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

By Ruth Graham

Oct. 19, 2021, 12:00 p.m. ET

MONETA, Va. — On a sunny Thursday morning in September, a few dozen high school students gathered for a weekly chapel service at what used to be the Bottom’s Up Bar & Grill and is now the chapel and cafeteria of Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy.

Five years ago, the school in southwest Virginia had just 88 students between kindergarten and 12th grade. Its finances were struggling, quality was inconsistent by its own admission, and classes met at a local Baptist church.

Now, it has 420, with others turned away for lack of space. It has grown to occupy a 21,000-square-foot former mini-mall, which it moved into in 2020, plus two other buildings down the road.

Smith Mountain Lake is benefiting from a boom in conservative Christian schooling, driven nationwide by a combination of pandemic frustrations and rising parental anxieties around how schools handle education on issues including race and the rights of transgender students.

“This is a once-in-100-year moment for the growth of Christian education,” said E. Ray Moore, founder of the conservative Christian Education Initiative.

In the 2019-20 school year, 3.5 million of the 54 million American schoolchildren attended religious schools, including almost 600,000 in “conservative Christian” schools, according to the latest count by the Education Department.

Those numbers are now growing.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Normal people HATE trannies and faggits, just like God HATES faggits and trannies. Good people want their children to grow up to be moral and revere the Judeo/Christian values America was founded upon and learn that the founders were God Fearing men. I sent 4 children to Christian School even though it was very financially burdensome. We could have owned new cars and a nice house, we instead settled for older used cars and living in a crackerbox house. It was well worth it.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Normal people HATE trannies and faggits, just like God HATES faggits and trannies. Good people want their children to grow up to be moral and revere the Judeo/Christian values America was founded upon and learn that the founders were God Fearing men. I sent 4 children to Christian School even though it was very financially burdensome. We could have owned new cars and a nice house, we instead settled for older used cars and living in a crackerbox house. It was well worth it.

Forget religion.

I just look at it as something more fundamental.

Teaching kids the basics when the public schools are failing to deliver quality education. Such as that controversy in Oregon where the state decided to scuttle High School graduation requirements.

Even where I live private schools are flourishing. But these aren't religious schools. Just secular non denominational schools trying to teach kids the basics so they have a better foundation for university or college.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Forget religion.

Teaching kids the basics when the public schools are failing to deliver quality education. Such as that controversy in Oregon where the state decided to scuttle High School graduation requirements.

Even where I live private schools are flourishing. But these aren't religious schools. Just secular non denominational schools trying to teach kids the basics so they have a better foundation for university or college.
Sorry cunt, but I sent my kids to Christian School PRIMARILY for religious and moral instruction. Why bother sending them to a non religious private school? They can learn all the same shit in a public school.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Forget religion.

Sorry cunt, but I sent my kids to Christian School PRIMARILY for religious and moral instruction. Why bother sending them to a non religious private school? They can learn all the same shit in a public school.

...maybe so they can get into places like Harvard, Yale or Oxford and succeed when they get there?

And if it happened to be a religious school that was teaching the basics properly, getting good reviews, graduation results & careers for their children, then hey..why not choose them?

Admittedly if I were a parent these days I'd be reluctant to send my child to a place with a drug or crime problem.

There's even a school where I live and the emphasis is upon teaching grade school kids the basics without the use of computers or tech tools. In other words the kinda education you, your parents & grandparents received.

Only now, where it was once free now parents spend thousands of dollars for the privilege of learning the same bloody thing.

You pay a lot to go back to the future these days...Lokmeer!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
....but could it be something even more fundamental? That parents just want their kids to learn & understand the basics...Reading, Writing, 'Rithmetic?

That is exactly what it is. Public schools cant be trusted. They impose partisan takes and ideology. They dont advocate for regular students who are being bullied.

Now with this gender ideology stuff and the CRT(and with people seeing parents getting labeled domestic terrorists and how incredibly toxic the environment is now....and partisan leftists flat out gaslighting about it) it's just too much.

The schools dont care about the kids or basic education. They care about imposing partisan ideology and devaluing the family.

Looks like people prefer the bible being taught over the toxic woke/partisan bullshit that's been festering in schools for sometime now and finally became too much.

I bet there would be even more changing as well if they could afford it. It's actually very sad.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That is exactly what it is. Public schools cant be trusted. They impose partisan takes and ideology. They dont advocate for regular students who are being bullied.

Now with this gender ideology stuff and the CRT(and with people seeing parents getting labeled domestic terrorists and how incredibly toxic the environment is now....and partisan leftists flat out gaslighting about it) it's just too much.

The schools dont care about the kids or basic education. They care about imposing partisan ideology and devaluing the family.

Looks like people prefer the bible being taught over the toxic woke/partisan bullshit that's been festering in schools for sometime now and finally became too much.

I bet there would be even more changing as well if they could afford it. It's actually very sad.

Where I live many parents are concerned about the lack of teachable hours in the public school system. Too many Professional Development Days, Spring Break has become 2 weeks where it used to be 1.

I remember as a contractor for the local school board my hours kept getting cut back and wages were falling as the teachers were taking more time off so I quit. The teachers were getting paid for all this time off but we weren't getting paid anything.

That's how they saved money and paid the teachers for their time off...by starving their private contractors.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Forget religion.

...maybe so they can get into places like Harvard, Yale or Oxford and succeed when they get there?

And if it happened to be a religious school that was teaching the basics properly, getting good reviews, graduation results & careers for their children, then hey..why not choose them?

Admittedly if I were a parent these days I'd be reluctant to send my child to a place with a drug or crime problem.

There's even a school where I live and the emphasis is upon teaching grade school kids the basics without the use of computers or tech tools. In other words the kinda education you, your parents & grandparents received.

Only now, where it was once free now parents spend thousands of dollars for the privilege of learning the same bloody thing.

You pay a lot to go back to the future these days...Lokmeer!
I've paid a lot since 1992, when my first kid enrolled, josephine. Thats almost 30 years of my money going to KKKristianity! WOOT!

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
If I lived in the usa i would be one of those maniacs at the school board meetings. This bullshit has gone too damn far. It's ok to be White.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Public Screwels havent been worth a shit since they took The Bible and Christian Prayer out of them.

To be fair, they didn't take those things out. They cant tell students not to have a bible and they cant tell them not to pray.

Those are protected rights.

They stopped enforcing it as something every student is required to participate in. Which is fair, prayer and scripture really shouldnt be forced.

Public schools are garbage anyway really for so many reasons that even if they had prayer it wouldnt matter. They dont manage the environment and it's more about money than the kids.

That CRT shit gets them more money. That "comprehensive sex ed"....that is perverted as fuck....gets them money. Politics are involved so it's just garbage now.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Public Screwels havent been worth a shit since they took The Bible and Christian Prayer out of them.

To be fair, they didn't take those things out. They cant tell students not to have a bible and they cant tell them not to pray.

They stopped enforcing it as something every student is required to participate in. Which is fair, prayer and scripture really shouldnt be forced.

Public schools are garbage anyway really for so many reasons that even if they had prayer it wouldnt matter. They dont manage the environment and it's more about money than the kids.

That CRT shit gets them more money. That "comprehensive sex ed"....that is perverted as fuck....gets them money. Politics are involved so it's just garbage now.
Public school was established by the founders and they decided that the Bible was the most important text book for students. Prayer to the God of the Bible should be the start of every day. If people dont like it, they can sit there and STFU or GTFO. Go create a secular public school system where faggits and trannies can swap genders and bathrooms. If this had happened in 1800, the founders themselves would have stomped these perverted fuckers' skulls in.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Public school was established by the founders and they decided that the Bible was the most important text book for students. Prayer to the God of the Bible should be the start of every day. If people dont like it, they can sit there and STFU or GTFO. Go create a secular public school system where faggits and trannies can swap genders and bathrooms. If this had happened in 1800, the founders themselves would have stomped these perverted fuckers' skulls in.

People back then were mostly believers and it was taught at home.

Scripture assigns this job to parents.

What this is is a testimony to the failing family structures. Single parenthood. Or parents who both work a lot so the schools have way too much influence.

Schools try to assume the role of a parent and start trying to address very intimate and inappropriate subject matters to children way too young.

We let the whole culture devolve.

Now look at parents putting thier kids in Christian schools lol

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

What this is is a testimony to the failing family structures. Single parenthood. Or parents who both work a lot so the schools have way too much influence.

Schools try to assume the role of a parent and start trying to address very intimate and inappropriate subject matters to children way too young.

Liberals started by destroying the black family in the 1960s with that great society bullshit and now they have moved on to the rest of us.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I'm really not trying to start shit with you BTW, but I've listened far too long to these libtarded cunts tell me the Bible cant be in public, that the Constitution gives people the right to gay marriage and abortion, Christians are a hate group, trannies should be celebrated when they read to 3 year olds, and all the other sick and perverted shit they try to normalize. There isnt a single founding father that wouldnt have burned a church full of kweirdos down to the fuckin ground and if any dude like Sidney pranced around pretending to be a woman, they would have either outright killed HIM in the town square or locked HIM up forever!

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I don't know if that was or is the purpose of public schools, Lokmeer.

But when they fail or refuse to teach kids the basics so they can get into and succed in University, Technical institute , trade school whatever...then they're failing.

Regardless whether the Kid is gonna become a brain surgeon or become a car mechanic or be a carpenter, they still have be able to read write & do simple math.

If the schools aren't even teaching them those skills then what are they good for?

Yeah if I was a parent who lived in a town where the choice was a shitty public school or a private religious school that turned out good graduates with better lived later in life, I'd choose the religious school...even if I was an atheist so my child could get a decent education and a good job when they grew up.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

But when they fail or refuse to teach kids the basics so they can get into and succed in University, Technical institute , trade school whatever...then they're failing.

Regardless whether the Kid is gonna become a brain surgeon or become a car mechanic or be a carpenter, they still have be able to read write & do simple math.

If the schools aren't even teaching them those skills then what are they good for?

Yeah if I was a parent who lived in a town where the choice was a shitty public school or a private religious school that turned out good graduates with better lived later in life, I'd choose the religious school...even if I was an atheist so my child could get a decent education and a good job when they grew up.
Fuk off dickface, I read the history. No need to open your bitch assed yap to your superior, josephine.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Fuk off dickface, I read the history. No need to open your bitch assed yap to your superior, josephine.

Is that how you spoke with yer Ex too...Lokmeer? !

"Hey fuckin bitch, gimme my coffee! Make my breakfast..and Fuck You!"

Cripes no wonder you went thru a messy divorce the 1st time. Musta costa ya plenty, Bud!

LOL! :D

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Is that how you spoke with yer Ex too...Lokmeer? !

"Hey fuckin bitch, gimme my coffee! Make my breakfast..and Fuck You!"

Cripes no wonder you went thru a messy divorce the 1st time, Bud!
Messy? I was granted sole custody at the initial hearing, dumb ass. Why? Child abandonment on her part.
She couldnt cook and she didnt clean. She was a fukin slob. I about beat her to death when she threatened to kill the kids.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Messy? I was granted sole custody at the initial hearing, dumb ass. Why? Child abandonment on her part.
She couldnt cook and she didnt clean. She was a fukin slob. I about beat her to death when she threatened to kill the kids.

So yer a wife beater, eh?

th

What dya use..a tire iron?

Don't worry I have a friend who's one too, Bud.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

So yer a wife beater, eh?

th

What dya use..a tire iron?

Don't worry I have a friend who's one too, Bud.
I dont need a tire iron josephine. I snatched that dumb cunt up by her hair. I still had another hand in case some lippy cunt like you decided to be a hero. I woulda beat you to death with her. Problem solved!

P.S., I dont have that much hair.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I dont need a tire iron josephine. I snatched that dumb cunt up by her hair. I still had another hand in case some lippy cunt like you decided to be a hero. I woulda beat you to death with her. Problem solved!

So yer an American version of Captain Bligh, eh Lokmeer? ;-)

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Dunno. Was he married to some batshit crazy cunt slob thats STILL on psych meds?

Sean summed up how to deal with such tramps:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

If my ex husband had threatened to murder our daughter, the fork I stabbed him with would have gone in the neck instead of his upper arm.

Just sayin.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Public schools have gotten so bad parents are desperate for an alternative. In 1975 California's public school system was rated #1 in the country. Since 2012 California's public schools have been rated 49th out of 50 despite being #1 in total funding. We have put more and more and more money into the school system while its test scores always went down. This is because the evil, vile, and corrupt teachers unions simply steal the money and replace real education with political indoctrination.

It has gotten so bad the teachers unions now claim math is racist and shouldn't be taught. They have made it policy not to teach children how to spell correctly because that is racist and "forces colonial legacies on to them". So none of them can read or do basic math. It is insanity. But at least they do teach communist ideology via CRT telling them that all white people are racist, only white people are racist, and all non-white people are just victims for whom nothing can ever be expected and no punishment for any crime should ever be enforced.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Public schools have gotten so bad parents are desperate for an alternative. In 1975 California's public school system was rated #1 in the country. Since 2012 California's public schools have been rated 49th out of 50 despite being #1 in total funding. We have put more and more and more money into the school system while its test scores always went down. This is because the evil, vile, and corrupt teachers unions simply steal the money and replace real education with political indoctrination.

It has gotten so bad the teachers unions now claim math is racist and shouldn't be taught. They have made it policy not to teach children how to spell correctly because that is racist and "forces colonial legacies on to them". So none of them can read or do basic math. It is insanity. But at least they do teach communist ideology via CRT telling them that all white people are racist, only white people are racist, and all non-white people are just victims for whom nothing can ever be expected and no punishment for any crime should ever be enforced.
Hey scrooge, they just need a little bit more money and viola!, they'll be fixed! :LOL3:

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

If my ex husband had threatened to murder our daughter, the fork I stabbed him with would have gone in the neck instead of his upper arm.

Just sayin.

Did you really stab your ex husband in the arm with a fork, Dovey?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Just sayin.

Did you really stab your ex husband in the arm with a fork, Dovey?

Wow. And people think I'm angry. I've never stabbed anyone with anything. I threw a piece of fruit at my partner once, which I am trolled about considerably at home. :LOL3:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

They went to shit because of Prop 13. Period.

Cause/effect, people.