Covid fucking sucks.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was helping my stepson with his homework from online learning today and I asked him "won't your friends be jealous of your perfect score on the math exam?" His response broke my heart; he said I don't have any friends. The eleven month lock down and school shutdown is so infuriating for me. Children cannot learn and grow, they cannot play with other children, I pointed out that he played with his cousins and that he had online friends but he told me those did not count.

It is so heart breaking to see children suffer like this, for eleven months straight without and end in sight. If he was in school, real school, he would meet lots of children his own age, he could go to cub scouts, he could be in little league. I am so angry I could spit.

Oak

Factory Bastard
Kids are resilient. Online friends and cousins do count, and that's what he should hear from you.

If it were my kid I wouldn't allow him to fall into self-pity. That's much more difficult to overcome than loneliness.

Good time to get an old-fashioned pen pal and maybe other online activities. There are watching parties where families are getting together to watch movies in different households.

We're humans, we evolved to adapt. It's why we have the large brains that we have. What happened to all his friends from when he was in school before?

• Winner
Reactions: Q

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I said it months ago, I feel so bad for the kids in all this shit.

"Wont someone think of the children!"

If it wasnt so cold out, I would say have him invite a couple friends, and y'all go camping, since he cant do the cub scout thing. Or even a nice hike in the woods. Let him invite some over for a sleepover, pop a pizza in the oven.

FUCK the rules of your state if you have them! This is America, where everyone is given the God given right to LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS! Amen.

In the 1920's, they had Speak Easys, with the prohibition of alcohol. The same is going on now in the 2020's. Im a fuckin' grown man, and I dont need some authority telling me I cant have a number of friends, or that I have to be home by 10:00!

Be creative man!

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!

If it wasnt so cold out, I would say have him invite a couple friends, and y'all go camping, since he cant do the cub scout thing. Or even a nice hike in the woods. Let him invite some over for a sleepover, pop a pizza in the oven.

FUCK the rules of your state if you have them! This is America, where everyone is given the God given right to LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS! Amen.

In the 1920's, they had Speak Easys, with the prohibition of alcohol. The same is going on now in the 2020's. Im a fuckin' grown man, and I dont need some authority telling me I cant have a number of friends, or that I have to be home by 10:00!

Be creative man!
Dude. The times just changed. This UK variant of Covid will spread bad here in about 3 months. So the race is on.
And, since the virus will certainly mutate further, and faster with spread, there could soon be a variant that kills the young as efficiently as the old. That's why Biden will pursue the 'War Powers Act'. Which means 'rights' will be diminished further than they already are.
Best to get on board the boat now to avoid that.
Uncle Sam always wins.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
My niece is a senior this year. She won’t be able to experience all the memorable senior activities. She doesn’t complain but I know it has to hurt her.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

Be creative man!
Dude. The times just changed. This UK variant of Covid will spread bad here in about 3 months. So the race is on.
And, since the virus will certainly mutate further, and faster with spread, there could soon be a variant that kills the young as efficiently as the old. That's why Biden will pursue the 'War Powers Act'. Which means 'rights' will be diminished further than they already are.
Uncle Sam always wins.

This is what scares me the most. My kids and grandkids catching it

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Be creative man!
Uncle Sam always wins.

Thats not Uncle Sam, I know Uncle Sam, that sounds like Big Brother.

All this shit is unavoidable. Lockdowns aint working, its still spreading faster. Curfews aint working cause its late night and most folks asleep. You know who the curfew affects? People working nights, that cant find a bite to eat or a grocery store open when they get off work. You know who the lockdowns affect? Children for one as we have been discussing, AND suicidal folks, domestic violence, peoples pockets driving them in depression and stress causing divorce rates to skyrocket. Drug use and alcoholism is up. I mean we can go on and on. So this affects much much more than someone getting sick for a couple weeks. Most the folks dying have other conditions or weak immune systems. Those folks could use some help. Not everyone dies from this shit. We all need to get back to normal and protect the folks that need help as I said. The whole united states does not need a handout. We need to get back to it, and give the folks that need help money so they can stay home. The money I seen spent last year, was insane, as far as handouts. A lot of folks abused that. Now dont get me wrong, I aint saying some folks couldnt of used it, but it was abused, and a waste of money. The folks that need help need help, the folks that dont need to get back to work. Fuck it, close the borders again if its so bad. End flights. It seemed this shit was getting better when those 2 things were in place alone, but when the planes took to the sky again, it was spreading all over the world at a faster rate. Shutting down the whole country is impossible. With that realization, you have to let this play out, and protect those that need it. Thats all I can think to do. I havent seen any better ideas without getting into destroying peoples liberties and lives.

Damn coffee lol.

Let the kids be kids!

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Kids are resilient. Online friends and cousins do count, and that's what he should hear from you.

If it were my kid I wouldn't allow him to fall into self-pity. That's much more difficult to overcome than loneliness.

Good time to get an old-fashioned pen pal and maybe other online activities. There are watching parties where families are getting together to watch movies in different households.

We're humans, we evolved to adapt. It's why we have the large brains that we have. What happened to all his friends from when he was in school before?

Hard to answer without giving out TMI but my wife comes from a foreign country and her then eight year old son originally didn't speak any English. He has learned quickly over the last two years though. We switched houses last May so the few friends he had in his first school are now pretty far away and while he has online learning at his new school he hasn't actually met any of the other students because we've been in lock down the whole time. There are other children in the neighborhood but, again, lock down so everyone is staying inside and not going out to meet new people.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was helping my stepson with his homework from online learning today and I asked him "won't your friends be jealous of your perfect score on the math exam?" His response broke my heart; he said I don't have any friends. The eleven month lock down and school shutdown is so infuriating for me. Children cannot learn and grow, they cannot play with other children, I pointed out that he played with his cousins and that he had online friends but he told me those did not count.

It is so heart breaking to see children suffer like this, for eleven months straight without and end in sight. If he was in school, real school, he would meet lots of children his own age, he could go to cub scouts, he could be in little league. I am so angry I could spit.

This is why I Hate China.

I believe they were responsible for hatching this virus & they did so to get rid of Trump.
Supposedly a naturally occurring virus so lethal that it attacks every major part of the body? C'mon.

COVID is a Chinese bioweapon.

Trump was right in one respect. America should pull its factories out of China and bring the jobs back home. The less they become beholden to a country like that, the better.

Be creative man!
Uncle Sam always wins.

Thats not Uncle Sam, I know Uncle Sam, that sounds like Big Brother.

All this shit is unavoidable. Lockdowns aint working, its still spreading faster. Curfews aint working cause its late night and most folks asleep. You know who the curfew affects? People working nights, that cant find a bite to eat or a grocery store open when they get off work. You know who the lockdowns affect? Children for one as we have been discussing, AND suicidal folks, domestic violence, peoples pockets driving them in depression and stress causing divorce rates to skyrocket. Drug use and alcoholism is up. I mean we can go on and on. So this affects much much more than someone getting sick for a couple weeks. Most the folks dying have other conditions or weak immune systems. Those folks could use some help. Not everyone dies from this shit. We all need to get back to normal and protect the folks that need help as I said. The whole united states does not need a handout. We need to get back to it, and give the folks that need help money so they can stay home. The money I seen spent last year, was insane, as far as handouts. A lot of folks abused that. Now dont get me wrong, I aint saying some folks couldnt of used it, but it was abused, and a waste of money. The folks that need help need help, the folks that dont need to get back to work. Fuck it, close the borders again if its so bad. End flights. It seemed this shit was getting better when those 2 things were in place alone, but when the planes took to the sky again, it was spreading all over the world at a faster rate. Shutting down the whole country is impossible. With that realization, you have to let this play out, and protect those that need it. Thats all I can think to do. I havent seen any better ideas without getting into destroying peoples liberties and lives.

Damn coffee lol.

Let the kids be kids!

Yeah, I agree.

Why did countries allow ANY unnecessary air travel or entry of people from foreign nations?

That was crazy.

They shoulda just sealed everybody's borders shut.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
One things for certain, you cant defeat COVID with paper masks and lockdowns. It doesnt work and Illinois and California has proven that. Will it mutate into more super strains? Maybe. If it does, nothing will work.

My main question is: We've been told that immunity created by infection lasts 3 months. How does the vaccine work and how long does it last?

As is typical anymore with sensationalized news, we dont get answers to the important questions.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Right now we don't know how long each of the vaccines last. There are two approved in the US with a third supposedly on the way. I have heard good things about the Canadian RNA on.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Right now we don't know how long each of the vaccines last. There are two approved in the US with a third supposedly on the way. I have heard good things about the Canadian RNA on.
I'm hopeful the vaccines last longer than immunity from actual infections. Any guess as to why this doesnt get discussed? Seems like the most important piece of the puzzle.

Oak

Factory Bastard
My niece is a senior this year. She won’t be able to experience all the memorable senior activities. She doesn’t complain but I know it has to hurt her.

High school us only the highlight if your life if you're a loser.

Do you look back on your life and think about your senior year like Al Bundy?

• Agree!

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

She’s a straight A student with honors. How does wanting to experience a prom and graduation ceremony equate to being a loser? She’s a 17 year old kid who doesn’t even wear makeup ffs

Oak

Factory Bastard

She’s a straight A student with honors. How does wanting to experience a prom and graduation ceremony equate to being a loser? She’s a 17 year old kid who doesn’t even wear makeup ffs

I said that those that look back like high school was a big deal are. Read what I actually write.

There were 17 years that went off to both WWI and II. This isn't fun, but our families have gone though much harder times.

How is it that this "pansy" lefties has to remind "badass" Republicans to pull themselves up from their bootstraps and get on with life?

If this is the worst thing she has to "endure" she will have had a charmed life.

Toughen up your kids folks, the Chinese are at our door looming. Shit is going to get real.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
We're scientists?
Follow the guidelines or pay the price. If I go to Massachusetts right now from Connecticut for more than 24 hours and don't either get a dna test there or strictly quarantine there for two weeks it's 500 bucks a day fine per person. And they inform my home state which is another fine. That's now. So you can just imagine what is coming.
It is what it is-

Oak

Factory Bastard
We're scientists?
Follow the guidelines or pay the price. If I go to Massachusetts right now from Connecticut for more than 24 hours and don't either get a dna test there or strictly quarantine there for two weeks it's 500 bucks a day fine per person. And they inform my home state which is another fine. That's now. So you can just imagine what is coming.
It is what it is-

People cause their own problems and want to blame the government for everything.

I admire my grandparent more and more as I move through my life.

We're a soft people, whining and blaming everyone if we don't get what we want RIGHT NOW.

It disgusts me.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

I said that those that look back like high school was a big deal are. Read what I actually write.

There were 17 years that went off to both WWI and II. This isn't fun, but our families have gone though much harder times.

How is it that this "pansy" lefties has to remind "badass" Republicans to pull themselves up from their bootstraps and get on with life?

If this is the worst thing she has to "endure" she will have had a charmed life.

Toughen up your kids folks, the Chinese are at our door looming. Shit is going to get real.

I am reading what you’re writing. I don’t know why you’re getting aggressive with me as this isn’t the thread for it.

If you’re mad that I don’t agree about the actions that took place on Jan 6th, then that’s your bad. I’m entitled to my opinion. The owner of this forum doesn’t want politics seeping into non political threads, just so you know.

Oak

Factory Bastard

I am reading what you’re writing. I don’t know why you’re getting aggressive with me as this isn’t the thread for it.

If you’re mad that I don’t agree about the actions that took place on Jan 6th, then that’s your bad. I’m entitled to my opinion. The owner of this forum doesn’t want politics seeping into non political threads, just so you know.

This is about Covid, end of story.

I am disgusted with our countrymen that demand immediate gratification and can't stay put and work together to save lives.

So, if you want to rat me out, go ahead.

Oak

Factory Bastard
One things for certain, you cant defeat COVID with paper masks and lockdowns. It doesnt work and Illinois and California has proven that. Will it mutate into more super strains? Maybe. If it does, nothing will work.

My main question is: We've been told that immunity created by infection lasts 3 months. How does the vaccine work and how long does it last?

As is typical anymore with sensationalized news, we dont get answers to the important questions.

Sure Dr Lok

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I spoke with my wife and we decided to take some of the advise people here offered. Tomorrow we intend to take him up to Polomar Mountain state park so we can do some hiking and maybe a little trout fishing. Officially the park is closed but I imagine we can find some where toward and just walk in a bit.

The boy didn't seem thrilled and said he just wanted to stay home and play video games instead but I think he will enjoy it once we are there.

Reactions: Oak
OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm hopeful the vaccines last longer than immunity from actual infections. Any guess as to why this doesnt get discussed? Seems like the most important piece of the puzzle.

I think they honestly don't know yet.

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned

They don't know, but we will find out. This is one of the disadvantages of the very fast development of the vaccines; we have no idea what will happen on the longer term

• Disagree
Reactions: Ice

H.C.Trouble

Factory Bastard

They don't know, but we will find out. This is one of the disadvantages of the very fast development of the vaccines; we have no idea what will happen on the longer term

The initial vaccine test subjects are still being carefully followed. Some of these people had the vaccine in mid-March.

When the efficacy rate drops below the already established 95% rate in the early studies - science will learn how long the vaccine lasts.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Be creative man!

Follow the rules Please. Has zero to do with freedom. The virus is out of control.

X

xXx
Site Supporter

You were very unpopular in high school weren't you

No prom FOR YOU !!!
soup-nazi.jpg

:LMAO:

X

xXx
Site Supporter

tenor.gif

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned

The initial vaccine test subjects are still being carefully followed. Some of these people had the vaccine in mid-March.

When the efficacy rate drops below the already established 95% rate in the early studies - science will learn how long the vaccine lasts.
That's correct. But at this moment we still do not know. Doesn't feel really comfortable, but that's reality :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Ice