Drought/water shortages

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
This thread is about climate change and drought. It shouldn't be in politics, because this is not a political issue. But dumb fucking ass science hating cons have made it one, so here we are.

I also know illiterate CONs will make this about California, too, but trust me, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, and Texas are no better off than California. This is about EVERYONE needing to pay attention to climate crises.

The historic California town of Mendocino is running out of water, as the wells the tourist town depends on are drying up amid a devastating drought.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The entire Turkish coastline has been burning for over a week. We are in deep deep shit all kidding aside...

I know. I find it terrifying. Portugal has been having a lot of fires in the last few years, too. Something like 70 or 80 people died in one in 2017, and this is a very small country.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Actually, it was 120 fatalities. And the fire was a new, intense sort of fire that has its own name. Not good news.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Thinking about it doesnt do shit. You actually have to do it....like 20 fukin years ago. I'm ok with em thinking about it still though. There's shitloads of water where I'm at.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
The entire Turkish coastline has been burning for over a week. We are in deep deep shit all kidding aside...

I know. I find it terrifying. Portugal has been having a lot of fires in the last few years, too. Something like 70 or 80 people died in one in 2017, and this is a very small country.

We have not had many human fatalities but the forests have been devastated. Hotels coming soon I guess...

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thinking about it doesnt do shit. You actually have to do it....like 20 fukin years ago. I'm ok with em thinking about it still though. There's shitloads of water where I'm at.

Didn't click on the link, did you?

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This thread is about climate change and drought. It shouldn't be in politics, because this is not a political issue. But dumb fucking ass science hating cons have made it one, so here we are.

I also know illiterate CONs will make this about California, too, but trust me, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, and Texas are no better off than California. This is about EVERYONE needing to pay attention to climate crises.

The historic California town of Mendocino is running out of water, as the wells the tourist town depends on are drying up amid a devastating drought.

It'll rain again but until it does it'll be a lesson for people not to take water for granted. People are selfish and wasteful.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
And she wonders why we are "hateful" and insult them.

Says the post shouldnt be political.....but then goes off about horrible and illiterate cons are.

So what is the solution to this? Havent droughts been occurring as long as the planet has existed?

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️
Homes, Farms and Ranches are having wells run dry, the intense heat spells have killed crops in the ground and fish in the seas.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
well atm we are having a GREAT wet winter but because of previous problems we are on PERMANENT water restrictions. I am only allowed to use a sprinkler on Wednesdays and Saturdays from between 6PM - 6AM... But I can handwater anytime... And we used to have a free allotment (decades ago) but now we don't... So that's why you see me somersault when rain clouds are in the sky.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Arson, accidental and otherwise... and thunder and lightning not followed by rain are the main reason fires start.... 99% of the time.... I might be out in %%% but not by much.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I did. Now explain how other countries make it work. All libs can do is shoot down solutions. You assholes shouldnt have prevent nuke plants either.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Build desalination plants like the Jews did to water their desert. Problem solved.

Gee, I wonder why no one else has thought of that.

Far left hate desal just like they hate every real world solution on every issue. How not surprising. Cut them all off of water for a month then ask them again if they want desal after all.

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It should be pointed out that in California 75% of the water in the California delta is just being dumped into the ocean. It is bad policy.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I did. Now explain how other countries make it work. All libs can do is shoot down solutions. You assholes shouldnt have prevent nuke plants either.

That's why I just asked what the solution is and hasnt drought always happened.

Admin gave me a "stfu" emoji and the question was ignored.

I'm pretty sure their solution to every single problem is global socailism and the fundamental changing of America into a more socailist/communist country and getting rid of all the cons.

This round we are the ones who get the collective hatred of the revolutionaries. It was property owners in Marxs day. Jews in Hitlers.

In Americas "revolution" its everyone labeled cons. Everything will be solved and utopia will come once the cons are gone and a leftwing authoritarian party runs everything.

How many of them do you think actually regard the environment and planet in their everyday life? During that eviction protest the "eco warrior" politicians who shriek about eco matters had a revolting amount of plastic waste in water and snacks. Individual plastic wrapped everything. It REALLY irked me.

So not only are they liars, they are too lazy about it to even pretend in public that they themselves actually consider the planet. Smh. I bet it was advertising as well because corporate elites and left are married at this point.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Build desalination plants like the Jews did to water their desert. Problem solved.

Gee, I wonder why no one else has thought of that.

Far left hate desal just like they hate every real world solution on every issue. How not surprising. Cut them all off of water for a month then ask them again if they want desal after all.
Huh?

You should stop showing everyone how stupid you are.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I'm pretty sure their solution to every single problem is global socailism and the fundamental changing of America into a more socailist/communist country and getting rid of all the cons.

This round we are the ones who get the collective hatred of the revolutionaries. It was property owners in Marxs day. Jews in Hitlers.

In Americas "revolution" its everyone labeled cons. Everything will be solved and utopia will come once the cons are gone and a leftwing authoritarian party runs everything.

How many of them do you think actually regard the environment and planet in their everyday life? During that eviction protest the "eco warrior" politicians who shriek about eco matters had a revolting amount of plastic waste in water and snacks. Individual plastic wrapped everything. It REALLY irked me.

So not only are they liars, they are too lazy about it to even pretend in public that they themselves actually consider the planet. Smh. I bet it was advertising as well because corporate elites and left are married at this point.
Thats why we need to play hitler vs hitler with em. Last one to survive extermination wins!!!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Thats why we need to play hitler vs hitler with em. Last one to survive extermination wins!!!

...and would you be one of the 'Lucky Ones' chosen to die as 'collateral damage' in the crossfire, Lokmeer?!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
20210805-131905.jpg

Look at all the plastic garbage. Chip bags. They had cases of individual plastic bottles of water. Those plastic water bottles are the WORST for the environment. It all ends up in landfills and the oceans.

Then shes got a box of individually wrapped PLASTIC baggies of oreos.

I mean the blatant fucking hypocrisy of these people preaching about the environment to other people and going for policies that are probably not going to do anything but harm regular Americans and they cannot even accomplish the BARE MINIMUM on their end even in front of everyone. Like they cant even be bothered to pretend to be eco conscious when they put on a show sleeping on steps to completely fuck over landlords.

And here we are expected to take them seriously or WE are the villains here.

I already go more above and beyond in my everyday life to limit my waste and help the environment. I've made all kinds of sacrifice and changes.

And I'm supposed to take a lecture on how awful and illiterate I am for being in the "con" group while these massive hypocrites cant even fake it for a night. Smdh.

They could have brought ecofriendly recycled jugs and Kleen canteens for water like we use at my house. If my family can do this everyday as a lifestyle, they could do it for a night. They could have prepared and brought food in coolers with beeswax wrappers. There are legit several SIMPLE ways to limit waste and plastic garbage. Look at that I even saw styrofoam cups. Plastic bags. SMDH.

Wake up lefties.... these people are showing you EVERY DAY they dont care about the planet. Dont care about the people. They are in this for their own selfish benefits and couldnt care less about the shit they preach.

They are lying grifters. All they do is political theater.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

...and would you be one of the 'Lucky Ones' chosen to die as 'collateral damage' in the crossfire, Lokmeer?!
One things for sure, I have a better chance than you do, josephine. I quit counting the rounds of ammo I had once I got over 10,000.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Real talk from a water expert who has worked in the industry for 30 years and who talks about the problems (most of which are political in origin).

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Oh, Dove is on here rec'ing people who call me stupid, and then she's all, "But I'm so sweet and you're so mean to me."

@Dove, you ruined any common ground we might have with all of your, "Libs are this and libs are that" partisan hackery and your passive/aggressive insults followed by your, "Who, me?" nonsense.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️