FDA Approves First Cannabis Derived Medicine

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
In an historic moment for medicinal cannabis in the United States, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved the very first drug containing an active ingredient from the cannabis plant.
The medicine in question is Epidiolex, an oral solution containing cannabidiol, or
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Predominantly used for Epileptic disorders, the FDA have approved the medicine in the U.S. for two specific conditions, Dravet Syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome. Both of these Epileptic disorders are extremely rare and extremely dangerous.
While there have been a number of synthetic cannabis based medicines approved by the FDA, this is the very first drug that contains a cannabinoid directly from the cannabis plant.
This breakthrough means that Epidiolex can be prescribed by doctors and covered by medical insurance.
However, just a small percentage of the population of the United States will be able to access the medicine. Only 3 in around 115,000 children are born with Dravet or Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome.
And yet this long overdue approval by the FDA will provide them with the medicine they so desperately need.

OP
OP
Iggy McLulz

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
It's just maddening that this drug gets passed by the FDA so easily while many states are still sitting around with their dicks in their hands because some idiot wanted to go to war with a plant. Gateway drug my ass. On the other hand I am thankful because I know a little bit about Dravet syndrome from reading all the stories about local kids whose parents helped fight to change our state laws. The dispensary prices are ridiculous for the garbage they have been providing to patients. I don't know from experience but I've read complaint after complaint. I'm just waiting for the day home cultivation is legal because I will be ready. lol I kill aloe plants Confused 4

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
About time weed was legalised anyway, been smoking for years and also use cannabis oil for a medical issue, the same people are againced it who want to lock people up for it, are the ones taking the most dangerous drug known to man . Alcohol!