Fishing 2023

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Yellowtail are here all the time along with several other tuna species. Bluefin are special and different thpugh. Try to buy a tiny bit of bluefin and you will be shocked at the ungodly price.

If you get on the right boat which catches on to the right school of fish then you can catch thousands of dollars worth of fish in just a few minutes.
Yeah that's very true, fishermen can get rich and poor quick it's also a profession for only the most hardy of men...

I went just off the channel between Lang Lang and French Island on my yak this morning (mud flats).... cost me 25 bucks in diesel to get there, 5.50 for a pack of small squid.... we only caught undersized gummy sharks and banjo's.... got an Aussie salmon (herring) too... but let it go.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’ve been out 30 miles, to the trash lines and caught over 150 lbs of Tuna, Dorado, Triple Tail, and 3 big WAHOO. We had fresh fish for a few days, gave the rest away.,

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I’ve been out 30 miles, to the trash lines and caught over 150 lbs of Tuna, Dorado, Triple Tail, and 3 big WAHOO. We had fresh fish for a few days, gave the rest away.,

Today?

That's a fair paddle... I only did a few miles.

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️
Yellowtail are here all the time along with several other tuna species. Bluefin are special and different thpugh. Try to buy a tiny bit of bluefin and you will be shocked at the ungodly price.

If you get on the right boat which catches on to the right school of fish then you can catch thousands of dollars worth of fish in just a few minutes.
Yeah that's very true, fishermen can get rich and poor quick it's also a profession for only the most hardy of men...

There's a few fishermen around where I live, some of these guys look almost like homeless people, and they could buy and sell most of us in this forum.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
.Okay, well, just waiting for it to warm a couple of degrees, then going to make the best use of this lovely day by getting down to the river (it's a little high yet though), and/or hike in to a local lake for the first fishing day of the year there.
. April was largely successful though not for larger Bass. A little disappointing there.
May in recent years hasn't been very productive since I eschew taking fish off their beds which I consider quite rude but there's always a few in the before or after of spawn to be had - just not as easily as most of the posters here.
Then, I will take a short break from posting - post count a bit ahead of schedule, not to mention I find most here quite tiresome. Next 3 days looking ugly - 50s and wet, so there may be need to modify that plan. Not sure I can make it 3 days if trapped in-of-doors, but whatev..
Spring's arrival has been uncertain and it's taxing my patience.
...but
it's the weather. As they say, people always talk about it but no one ever DOES anything.

Wish me luck, which I may need due to a severely pained back. Hope I get in and back w/o incident.

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I like going out with this guy Jayson. He’s got a panga, and an old Yamaha 2 stroke. He’s got lots of local knowledge. The cheapest in town. All day on a Sport Fisher is about $1200. these days

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Well, the word is that theShitoutBox will be PERMANENTLY closed, so I feel as leading citizen here at theBadTaedFactory.it is incumbent upon me to make occasional posts in the Gen Disc sub-board in the hope that ShoutBox does in fact remain permanently closed. So back by popular demand is the Fishing Report and it's a pretty damn exciting one, fishing fans.

Just as last year, I got my first topwater catches on the 19th of May as the water was hitting 65 degrees F.
. That's the magic temperature for Bass on topwater baits. - 65 F.

For me, this signals the beginning of summer fishing,
of wet wading the river, that beautiful Lenapehanna where
Eagles fly, Mink and Bobcat hunt, Beavers beav and lovely naked ladies drift by in painted kayaks.

. O the lovely, relaxed and peaceful days to come.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
1st day wet wading the lovely Lenapehanna yesterday.
. Just a beautiful warm day. Great workout hiking the rocky shore between fishing points.
. Spent a lot of time throwing topwater bait with not much success. 1 smallie to show for that.
.But then I decided to try the bottom of the water column with a 3/8 oz ballhead jig and 4" black curltail grub. BINGO!

. Sometimes you just go to the basics.
Raining some today. Rain called for tomorrow. That should foul up the river for a few days, but when I get back I'll be shifting to the deeper water with that same setup.

. TTFN

Last edited: