Fishing 2023

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
u laugh but it works - i casted 20yds easy, it locked and i pulled an 8lb branch from the lake

what more do u need

I use those telescopic rod/reel combos from Kmart for fresh and Saltwater fishing.... the rods usually break first.... on the eyelets.
As with most things, it always pays to buy quality equipment.

Not if you're paddling a kayak through Saltwater swells and breaks.

Then it pays to not buy anything too costly.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
u laugh but it works - i casted 20yds easy, it locked and i pulled an 8lb branch from the lake

what more do u need

I use those telescopic rod/reel combos from Kmart for fresh and Saltwater fishing.... the rods usually break first.... on the eyelets.
i was just looking at amazon at them and they look fragile but the that pocket pal thingy i posted was $20 - hey if it breaks who cares lol

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

what more do u need

Could you not tether the rod?

...anyway, I was watching River Monsters last night. There's too many things in the ocean that can kill you....
Even accidentally.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

what more do u need

Always tethered by elastic straps.... it's the Saltwater that kills the reels and the big strikes which dislocate the eyelets, no matter what drag you put on them...

I buy about 5-6 cheapy combos a year and piece together what's left.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

what more do u need

...anyway, I was watching River Monsters last night. There's too many things in the ocean that can kill you....
Even accidentally.

That's what makes it refreshing....

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter

what more do u need

blob-3.jpg

blob-3.jpg

You are full of shit !

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Okay, so I got the Calcutta spooled up, then in my wonderings and internetz wandering I found that St Croix does indeed make an interesting travel casting rod, or pack rod as I call them since they are good for hike in locations.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

So, you know, just a thought for those who might be feeling a bit sweet on me and are looking to get my attention.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

what more do u need

Always tethered by elastic straps.... it's the Saltwater that kills the reels and the big strikes which dislocate the eyelets, no matter what drag you put on them...

if u go through THAT many u should get something better

how about those cheap cuban yo-yo reels, $5 and they catch bull sharks lol

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

what more do u need

Everything gets thrashed when kayak fishing, doll.

5 x Kmart rod/reels = 125.00 versus paying half that or more for an average combo just as likely to get messed up from the water.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

what more do u need

5 x Kmart rod/reels = 125.00 versus paying half that or more for an average combo just as likely to get messed up from the water.
penny wise pound foolish, sonny

have u tried bamboo, line and a good throwing arm?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

what more do u need

You don't understand and I don't have the patience to explain it to you further, toots....

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm needing a new fly rod, my Orvis Western2 has an issue, some of the glue on the bottom two rings has cracked and fell off =( I'll get it repaired free it's got a 25 year guarantee...
Here's the rod and reel I've been looking at, look at their guarantee part, they'll fix it free if you break it, stand on it, anything... Great company and the best rods next to Hardy... Made in the USA

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

what more do u need

You don't understand and I don't have the patience to explain it to you further, toots....
u talk about the apocalypse and prepping yet u buy disposible chinese crap 5x/yr?

heres a shirt
B1qmQK-r4OS._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C61I1nNCD0CL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UL1500_.png

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

what more do u need

u talk about the apocalypse and prepping yet u buy disposible chinese crap 5x/yr?

heres a shirt
B1qmQK-r4OS._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C61I1nNCD0CL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UL1500_.png

I don't talk much about the topics you've mentioned and you're rather obtuse, if not downright dim regarding the points I've made here, sugar plum....

The hands are needed for paddling, incidentally.... so NO.... a hand line wouldn't work, nor would any number of equally retarded suggestions like it.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Well, got a little break in the shit weather today so it'll be good to get out and do as much as possible before the rains and colder temperatures return. Gonna get to the archery range first then hit a local reservoir for Smallies. Got notice that those arrows from England are on there way.

Opening day Trout is Saturday in NJ. That will make Jean happy, and we have a short stretch of decent weather through the middle of the week which will make "her" less grumpy.

.Well today I could catch the first Smallie of the year. Last year I got my first on the 12th, but I learned a new pattern and technique last year so I'll be on that.

Mewlie the cat is yowling less it seems, but still has a heartbreak.

PS: and I did get to the reservoir and picked up my first Bass of the year - a nice 2 lb Largemouth.
The fishin pard is gonna be jealous, peepoe.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Well, got a little break in the shit weather today so it'll be good to get out and do as much as possible before the rains and colder temperatures return. Gonna get to the archery range first then hit a local reservoir for Smallies. Got notice that those arrows from England are on there way.

Opening day Trout is Saturday in NJ. That will make Jean happy, and we have a short stretch of decent weather through the middle of the week which will make "her" less grumpy.

.Well today I could catch the first Smallie of the year. Last year I got my first on the 12th, but I learned a new pattern and technique last year so I'll be on that.

PS: and I did get to the reservoir and picked up my first Bass of the year - a nice 2 lb Largemouth.

I remember NJ as not being a place you'd want to risk eating the fish....particularly fresh water fish.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

I remember NJ as not being a place you'd want to risk eating the fish....particularly fresh water fish.
I live to the north, not in the industrial area like @Jeannie, and I also fish NY state. All pure waters.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I live in the north, not in the industrial area like Jeannie, and I also fish NY state. All pure waters.

I'd of thought northern NJ was worse for pollution but fair enough... I was down south.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

I live in the north, not in the industrial area like Jeannie, and I also fish NY state. All pure waters.

I'd of thought northern NJ was worse for pollution but fair enough... I was down south.
The north is rural. Central/Northcentral is the industrial zone. The far south is nice also. NJ is only 180 miles top to bottom. NJ is the Garden State. Where I am they grow cows and corn. Were Jeannie is they grow smoke stacks.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

The north is rural. Central/Northcentral is the industrial zone. The far south is nice also. NJ is only 180 miles top to bottom. NJ is the Garden State. Where I am they grow cows and corn. Were Jeannie is they grow smoke stacks.

I was born in Ocean City but grew up early years in Gloucester County. Went to primary school in Swedesboro. We went camping all around but the Pine Barrens still stick in my mind.

Then we fled to PA... near Reading.

We knew better than to eat fish from our local ponds and swamps....lolz

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

I was born in Ocean City but grew up early years in Gloucester County. Went to primary school in Swedesboro. We went camping all around but the Pine Barrens still stick in my mind.

Then we fled to PA... near Reading.

We knew better than to eat fish from our local ponds and swamps....lolz
Pine Barrens? You're lucky the Jersey Devil didn't get you.

HEK4SSOGAFGR7A5IEEPSGN6S3Q.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yellowtail are here all the time along with several other tuna species. Bluefin are special and different thpugh. Try to buy a tiny bit of bluefin and you will be shocked at the ungodly price.

If you get on the right boat which catches on to the right school of fish then you can catch thousands of dollars worth of fish in just a few minutes.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Yellowtail are here all the time along with several other tuna species. Bluefin are special and different thpugh. Try to buy a tiny bit of bluefin and you will be shocked at the ungodly price.

If you get on the right boat which catches on to the right school of fish then you can catch thousands of dollars worth of fish in just a few minutes.
Yeah that's very true, fishermen can get rich and poor quick it's also a profession for only the most hardy of men...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Must be the high price of refined nuclear fuel melting down and filtering into breeding grounds that gives Bluefin that added taste and desirability.

I haven't bought the shit in over a decade.