Ford Broncos are pieces of shit.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I remember see the pictures and thinking they looked awesome but youtuber Scotty Kilmer kept talking about how poorly made they were and how they had already been recalled multiple times in the first year for problems. Now we see lots of the engines failing at just 10,000 miles.

My next car is going to be an SUV (assuming gas and car prices ever come back down to earth) but I guess it will be a 4Runner instead of a Bronco. It is a shame as I really liked the 7 speed manual.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Thats a shame, I liked the look of them over the newer Jeeps lately. Not the standard one, the new custom Coyote edition! Looks like the old ones.

My Jeep has 366,000 miles on it, original engine, the inline 6, 4.0.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I had two Jeeps with the 4L engine but those are long gone now. The old AMC engines really held up but modern Jeep stuff is just bottom of the barrel junk.

WorldWideWebWyyzrd

Factory Bastard
I remember see the pictures and thinking they looked awesome but youtuber Scotty Kilmer kept talking about how poorly made they were and how they had already been recalled multiple times in the first year for problems. Now we see lots of the engines failing at just 10,000 miles.

My next car is going to be an SUV (assuming gas and car prices ever come back down to earth) but I guess it will be a 4Runner instead of a Bronco. It is a shame as I really liked the 7 speed manual.

Then why did OJ make it his get away car?

DDT

Factory Bastard

The 7 speed manual is only available with the 2.3, which is decent enough engine from what I can tell (has been around since 2015), so you still may want to consider it.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There were a lot of other issues like the Mexicans assembling them were to stupid to read parts numbers and so installed upside down lower control arms as upper control arms. Mayne in the few years after the kinks have been worked out but you'd still have to deal with the Ford 2.3l two turbo Ecco boost engine which has a long history of blowing head gaskets. Thus why you would want the v6 but those die at 10k miles.

Oh, well.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thats a shame, I liked the look of them over the newer Jeeps lately. Not the standard one, the new custom Coyote edition! Looks like the old ones.

same motor in mine, treat them well and it will do the same for u, plus parts r easy

DDT

Factory Bastard
There were a lot of other issues like the Mexicans assembling them were to stupid to read parts numbers and so installed upside down lower control arms as upper control arms. Mayne in the few years after the kinks have been worked out but you'd still have to deal with the Ford 2.3l two turbo Ecco boost engine which has a long history of blowing head gaskets. Thus why you would want the v6 but those die at 10k miles.

Oh, well.
Can't go wrong with the Toyota. Only downside is price. I briefly considered a Tacoma, but ordered an F150 instead, which I hope I won't end up regretting. Ordered it with the 5.0, as I'm not really a fan of boosted engines.

My neighbour has a Tacoma, and uses it HARD almost every day (he has a farm)... The thing never seems to complain.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

same motor in mine, treat them well and it will do the same for u, plus parts r easy

Parts aren't easy on the 4l motor any more. I had one until 2018 and I remember waiting a month or so to get a fuel pump on a 1991 Jeep Comanche pickup.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Parts aren't easy on the 4l motor any more. I had one until 2018 and I remember waiting a month or so to get a fuel pump on a 1991 Jeep Comanche pickup.
the motor is solid, i have two jeeps and love them.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have owned two as well. I am saying parts are no longer easy to find. They have been out if production for 30 years these days.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The two door model does look best but it is unibody and not body on frame like most hard core off roaders. Strangely, the four door is body on frame.

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
The two door model does look best but it is uniform and not body on frame like most hard core off readers. Strabglely the four door is body on frame.

My cousin’s girl friend just bought a 4 door… she seems happy about it and I don’t have the heart to tell her the info you posted

I really hope that doesn’t happen to hers.

DDT

Factory Bastard
My cousin’s girl friend just bought a 4 door… she seems happy about it and I don’t have the heart to tell her the info you posted

I wouldn't say anything to her. It was just a certain batch of one engine from one supplier that had issues... they're not all affected.

Worst case scenario is Ford installs a brand new engine on the house.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Maybe if you come across a decent vehicle at a good price let us know @Oerdin. Anyone else know of any?

Seems Most of the reviews on newer vehicles is they are sub par.

I don't think I've read many positive reviews on cars lately unless you're willing to fork out $100,000 for a new Mercedes.

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

I wouldn't say anything to her. It was just a certain batch of one engine from one supplier that had issues... they're not all affected.

Worst case scenario is Ford installs a brand new engine on the house.

I was going to let @Oerdin know that I’m not close with her like that…. she is eagerly awaiting a proposal cause she wants babies and I’m not sure where he is at yet and I don’t want to open the door to any awkward convos lol

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Maybe if you come across a decent vehicle at a good price let us know @Oerdin. Anyone else know of any?

I don't think I've read many positive reviews on cars lately unless you're willing to fork out $100,000 for a new Mercedes.
I recommend you buy a new Shelby GT500 josephine.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

.....in Canadian dollars it's virtually the same price as a Mercedes Lokmeer :

....which goes to show that nothing of quality is cheap anymore.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yea, they aint cheap, but after you drive it to death, it'll be worth good money.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yea, they aint cheap, but after you drive it to death, it'll be worth good money.

I suppose you can fix your own cars so thatd eliminate the expensive labor and maintenance.

Actually trades school is cheap & subsidized where I live cuz the government is trying to entice people to go inta them so maybe I'll sign up just ta cut down on the maintenance.

Don't wanna be a tradesman tho. Just want the cheap tuition so I can do my own repairs eh.

By the time a person pays the mechanic hes paid more than what the tuition woulda cost.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I suppose you can fix your own cars so thatd eliminate the expensive labor and maintenance.

Actually trades school is cheap & subsidized where I live cuz the government is trying to entice people to go inta them so maybe I'll sign up just ta cut down on the maintenance.

Don't wanna be a tradesman tho. Just want the cheap tuition so I can do my own repairs eh.

By the time a person pays the mechanic hes paid more than what the tuition woulda cost.
The tools are whats costly. I had the benefit of inheriting a decent amount of tools from my moms dad. Still, I spent 6K on a MATCO box years ago and thousands of dollars per year on tools for many years. You can get all the same tools I have at a lower grade for 1/4 of the price, they just wont last as long....which doesnt matter if you're doing your own work. A guy I used to work with had to have the current best Snap-On diag tool.....cost him $10K.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I don't think I've read many positive reviews on cars lately

Read some on the C8 Corvette then.
That new C8 is a great car, I just dont like the look of it. Now the Z06 version is bad ass! I'm looking forward to squaring off with one of those at Putnam Park this year.

I have never had...or even driven....a mid-engine car. I find the C8 looks much better in real life than it does in pictures.

I would like the Z06, but I think the Stingray will get me in enough trouble. Planning to get the Z51 package.

That said, with all the doom and gloom talk, I am starting to have second thoughts. Dropping over $100K on a car might not be the best idea right now...

Also, I love my Z28. I was driving to a little car show/car meet last weekend in my Z28 and I saw a 3rd Gen Camaro coming the other way....I gave him a wave out the window and he gave me a big wave back. I told my wife after that it nearly brought a tear to my eye. She said "Well you will do the same with other Corvettes." But I am not sure it will be the same...