Good Whiskey

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
There's a lot to be said for a sub-$20 bottle of American whiskey like Old Grand-Dad or Very Old Barton. But when it's time to invest in a $100+ bottle for special occasions, as I did today, I think I made a very solid choice with Orphan Barrel "Rhetoric" 24 years old. Text can't really convey just how nice this bourbon is. The nose is heavy on oak and leather, with vanilla just under those influences. On the palate, those persist, but aren't as dominant, adding up to a strong sense of dark chocolate and tobacco. It's beautiful as a sipper -- in fact, so much so that to adulterate it with anything other than a couple ice cubes would be tantamount to wasting your money. Just a beautiful bourbon, and though it's in the ~$150, it deserves every penny of its asking price.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I’d have gave you a like but I can’t? I enjoy a good bourbon with a good cigar... However I prefer proper whiskey
zSSQrEU.jpg

I only drink what most would call “scotch” on the rare.... Proper whiskey hehe
AQ3gZL9.png

OP
OP
skinofevil

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
I'm more of a Bourbon or Rye kind of fella, myself. Usually, the $40-50 range is as high as I'll go, and only $20-ish if it's just a session bottle between myself and a few friends. But I hear the thing to do, if you're a gentleman, is to have a bottle of "the good stuff" stashed for special occasions.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm more of a Bourbon or Rye kind of fella, myself. Usually, the $40-50 range is as high as I'll go, and only $20-ish if it's just a session bottle between myself and a few friends. But I hear the thing to do, if you're a gentleman, is to have a bottle of "the good stuff" stashed for special occasions.
Haha yeah right, I’ve a few pals that NEVER bring the good stuff out!

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
How bout Johnny Walker or Bush Mill,any good? I came home one time from hunting and the wife had her sister's over and was mixing Seven Up with my Remy Martin,trust me,she never did that again!

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
any johnnie w. fuck the picky ones like prefer that lable or this label blah blah
good ol john daniels always dependable and goes down so fucking easy
bulleit bourbon fucking love it...wish it came in bigger bottles...only can get 26'rs here in T.o. fucking bastards.
knob creek is a good ol kick in the gut and ass...more gut..but if you eat a lot during you'll pay for it dearly the next morning on the shitter
many scot blends...and even glenfiddich is good on the purely scot side

enjoy it all...not one i can really criticize...

jack d raped me good overnight

OP
OP
skinofevil

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
Oh, if you want one you can criticize, get one called "Virginia Black." That shit shouldn't even be labeled as whiskey. $45-50, real fancy bottle, and based on first-hand experience, all but about $5 of that asking price is all for the fancy ass bottle. Even Rebel Yell tastes more like whiskey than "Virginia Black", because the overall impression of "Virginia Black" is that it's not actually whiskey at all but, rather, whiskey flavored vodka.

Another bad one is "Headbanger American Gold Spirit-Whiskey" -- a nasty, syrupy, honey-and-maple-syrup monstrosity supposedly endorsed by some quote/end-quote "musician" or other, which one I forget.

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
Its called an Old Fashioned for a reason
This is my original whiskey cocktail since high school and will never change.

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
Last few shots of Jameson and getting a 26'r soon of Buffalo Trace very soon. Today will be a good day.

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
Whiskey is just too damn strong.

Is it supposed to taste good? They all taste the same

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Whiskey can be mothers milk...

Diluting it with an ice cube or splash of water makes it shine...

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
For anyone that truly savours the real deal then Lagavulin is for you! Fuck Irish whiskey too, imposters!
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

This is the best and for 60 it's high end enough for the average person...
SGraty7.jpg

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
60? thats for stuffy folks and too much for something u will only be hurling into the bushes on your hands and knees later

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
60? thats for stuffy folks and too much for something u will only be hurling into the bushes on your hands and knees later
If you like proper whiskey then this is for you, if you're drinking to get pished then cheap bourbon will do it...
i have JD on hand, always do but i dont touch it, for when theres ppl over