Happiness

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Are you happy with your life right now? When was the happiest time you can recall? What would you change or have done differently?

Looking back, mine was with my ex,but of course at the time I didn't realise it or appreciate how lucky I was. The old cliche of you don't know what you've got til it's gone is 100% accurate.

I also regret not learning music properly and becoming a producer. I could probably still do it if I wanted, but going to college/uni at 40 isn't something I'd feel comfortable doing.

Civilised responses only please, I'm in a philosophical mood today.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I really am happy in my life.

I get really nostalgic from my older daughters were little. So I guess that time period is the one I miss the most. There are definately are a few things I would have done differently.... like get on a good treatment plan for my ptsd because that really derailed my life a lot. At the time I didnt even realize how much that impacted me.

I guess because it was inflicted on me at a young, I didnt really have a good "normal" to draw from. So I didnt know just how deeply affected I was.

But had I done that, my life could ended up completely different I genuinely am grateful and happy for my life today.

You need to go get into music. A lot of people in their 40s go to school for stuff.....go fucking do it. You still have a whole life ahead of you.

I get it though. It's weird being 40. I really dont feel like 40 lol.

DDT

Factory Bastard
Are you happy with your life right now? When was the happiest time you can recall? What would you change or have done differently?

Looking back, mine was with my ex,but of course at the time I didn't realise it or appreciate how lucky I was. The old cliche of you don't know what you've got til it's gone is 100% accurate.

I also regret not learning music properly and becoming a producer. I could probably still do it if I wanted, but going to college/uni at 40 isn't something I'd feel comfortable doing.

I would say that I'm happy with life at the moment. The happiest time I can recall is as a small kid, with my Grandparents, who spent a lot of time raising me... They're both dead now.

I have a thousand regrets, but they're small regrets in the whole scheme of things, and it's doubtful my path in life would be much different now had I done something different back then...

Scouse, I was briefly married to a good woman. She asked for my hand in marriage, to put things into perspective. And then she decided she didn't like me anymore and left, and then our divorce was eventually officiated in the court without either of us contesting it.

I was heartbroken, and even considered suicide briefly, but you know what? She came back like a year later, and I could then see clearly why we fell apart in the first place... It wasn't my fault, nor was it her fault... We simply had different goals in life. Different interests and ambitions. I really did have good times with her around, but if she walked into my house right now, I know things would end the same way once again, with both of us getting frustrated with each other. I cherish the good times we had... The "Better to have loved and lost" jazz...

The nature of the human brain tends to filter out the negatives of past, while recalling positives in the forefront... We miss certain things, certain times, and certain people from the past, but we often forget about the negatives.

And as far as music goes, Scouse? There are millions of people capable of playing instruments well, all over the world. Very few of them actually make it. My parents neighbour plays guitar in bars regularly, but was an electrician by trade, retired now. Another guy I know learned the Double Bass from young on... He runs a successful self-employed plumbing company now for himself, because that pays the bills... The double bass will not.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I am happy and I would say overall as happy as I have ever been.

I do not have any significant "big picture" regrets. If I think about it, there are a lot of things I could have done differently and it would be interesting to know how it would have affected me and my current situation.

I quit my job (I think in 2002) and never worked for someone else again. But I took a significant pay cut. I reported directly to the President of the company and I expect that I drew the largest salary in the company next to his. It was an exciting job in an innovative company; we were at the forefront of the technology in our sector and I was the head of the systems department. The software I developed between 1995 and 2002 is still being used by the company today and is the life blood of the company. I loved that job. But I was butting heads with my boss, so I quit.

That is probably the biggest "What if?" in my life. I could have smoothed things over with my boss. I would have had a larger income for the past 20 years. But how would everything else in my life have been affected? That will always be a mystery.

There are other big "What if?"s, but most of them are more coincidental...like the night I met my future wife. I was handed free tickets to an event by a stranger and decided to go...and then I met my future wife there. So that was something that really affected my life, but it was not something that I really planned.

On the topic of music: On nice days, my music friend and I have been playing in a large public park lately. We each have a little battery powered amp and we setup and play. It is like busking, but we are not taking money. People have offered and we just tell them "No, thanks." It is fun. People stop and dance a bit or just listen and tap their feet and smile. We get a lot of Thanks You's.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Cool post Scouse. I’m a little surprised. I’m super happy. Made up my mind, and cut most ties in the states. Moved down here, to chase a life I always dreamed about. Developed a 3 properties. Met lots of cool people with like interests from all over the world/universe. Never looked back. Well worth the sacrifices I made in my life, since I was in my 20s. I hate to say it, $ was the key, as always.

OP
OP
Adam Hitler

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

I would say that I'm happy with life at the moment. The happiest time I can recall is as a small kid, with my Grandparents, who spent a lot of time raising me... They're both dead now.

I have a thousand regrets, but they're small regrets in the whole scheme of things, and it's doubtful my path in life would be much different now had I done something different back then...

Scouse, I was briefly married to a good woman. She asked for my hand in marriage, to put things into perspective. And then she decided she didn't like me anymore and left, and then our divorce was eventually officiated in the court without either of us contesting it.

I was heartbroken, and even considered suicide briefly, but you know what? She came back like a year later, and I could then see clearly why we fell apart in the first place... It wasn't my fault, nor was it her fault... We simply had different goals in life. Different interests and ambitions. I really did have good times with her around, but if she walked into my house right now, I know things would end the same way once again, with both of us getting frustrated with each other. I cherish the good times we had... The "Better to have loved and lost" jazz...

The nature of the human brain tends to filter out the negatives of past, while recalling positives in the forefront... We miss certain things, certain times, and certain people from the past, but we often forget about the negatives.

And as far as music goes, Scouse? There are millions of people capable of playing instruments well, all over the world. Very few of them actually make it. My parents neighbour plays guitar in bars regularly, but was an electrician by trade, retired now. Another guy I know learned the Double Bass from young on... He runs a successful self-employed plumbing company now for himself, because that pays the bills... The double bass will not.

Melski my Aryan brother, you speak wise words as always. I too have very fond memories from my childhood during the 80's & 90's. Life was calm and I had zero worries. But of course we all have to grow up and face adulthood eventually, along with it's many downsides and problems.

Christmas was an especially happy time, almost magical. It always reminds me of my nan. As a child I loved the time of year and still have a softspot for it today, even though it's obviously not the same. A White Christmas was a particularly happy occasion and a traditional celebration with various family members was great as kid, largely due to being oblivious to the inevitable bickering which took place after a few drinks between family and inlaws Lulz.

You're correct about exes, I know that if I ever was to reconcile with her the relationship would end up down the toilet again, but I still miss the bitch and probably always will. Being a kid is so much better than adulthood, shame it can't be permanent. LOL

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Melski my Aryan brother, you speak wise words as always. I too have very fond memories from my childhood during the 80's & 90's. Life was calm and I had zero worries. But of course we all have to grow up and face adulthood eventually, along with it's many downsides and problems.

Christmas was an especially happy time, almost magical. It always reminds me of my nan. As a child I loved the time of year and still have a softspot for it today, even though it's obviously not the same. A White Christmas was a particularly happy occasion and a traditional celebration with various family members was great as kid, largely due to being oblivious to the inevitable bickering which took place after a few drinks between family and inlaws Lulz.

You're correct about exes, I know that if I ever was to reconcile with her the relationship would end up down the toilet again, but I still miss the bitch and probably always will. Being a kid is so much better than adulthood, shame it can't be permanent. LOL

We all have that one person. Its normal.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The sad face rep seems to be MIA, but yeah, totally.

I dont deal well with heart break.....but who does really?

Sometimes things are poorly timed. People have broken up and reconnected later and spent their lives together. I think the whole ex thing is fine depending on how and why it didnt work the first time.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
No, not really happy at all. Everything just gets worse all the time. One damn thing after another. Looking back happy moments have always been ephemeral and you always end up back with yourself.

OP
OP
Adam Hitler

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

It depends in all honesty, I've only ever loved 2 women in my life (romantically I mean) and one of those relationships was easy to get over, whereas the other wasn't.

Sometimes a person wins your heart and getting it back is nearly impossible.

It's especially difficult when the fault lies mostly with yourself for the relationship breaking down, like in my case.

Like I said, turn me back into a 10 yr old please God, for the love of Allah. Lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It depends in all honesty, I've only ever loved 2 women in my life (romantically I mean) and one of those relationships was easy to get over, whereas the other wasn't.

Sometimes a person wins your heart and getting it back is nearly impossible.

It's especially difficult when the fault lies mostly with yourself for the relationship breaking down, like in my case.

Like I said, turn me back into a 10 yr old please God, for the love of Allah. Lol

Same. I dont love easy but I love hard. There has only been 2 that felt strongly about. If it was real for you you dont ever fully recover from it.

And it's hard to find fault and place blame on someone you adore, even if they were at fault. The whole "should have" thing. It just keeps you in a bad mindset and keeps that grief in the same place. It helps to take people as they are and not compare others to them. Which we all do. It really stunts your ability to be where you are.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Morgan Freeman was 50 years old when he had his breakout role in Street Smart. Today, he is a respected actor with accolades, wealth and work available to him if he wants it.

It doesn't hurt to try to break out into the career of your dreams. You simply have to put aside all the negative influences in your life and be single-minded in your approach to your goal. It takes hard work and some luck.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
For every Morgan Freeman success story there are thousands, or at least hundreds, that did not work out nearly as well.

And the music business is probably way, way, way tougher.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
For every Morgan Freeman success story there are thousands, or at least hundreds, that did not work out nearly as well.

Yes, because Morgan is talented. How do we know that Aryan isn't talented in his own right? I am neutral. He seems to be unmarried and only fully responsible for himself. As long as he can support himself, why not try to do something he loves? It won't hurt anyone.

Every shot not taken is a shot missed.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Yes, because Morgan is talented. How do we know that Aryan isn't talented in his own right? I am neutral. He seems to be unmarried and only fully responsible for himself. As long as he can support himself, why not try to do something he loves? It won't hurt anyone.

Do you disagree with something I said, Leaker?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Stop with your ad hom on the upper boards.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

What is your answer, Leaker?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

What is your answer, Leaker?

Downstairs.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Well...I've survived near death and annihilation.

so I suppose I'm grateful for that.

When I see how the people of Ukraine are suffering so, I realize how lucky we are in the West.

be grateful fer what you got while you got it.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Downstairs.

Okay, so The Leaker is going to continue to act like a child and refuse to answer a simple question.

I stand by what I said in this post:

If you disagree with something I said, Leaker, then point it out.

Coming in and flailing at me for things I did not say is not appropriate in this forum, Leaker. Keep that kind of BS in Meltdown.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
...here's to the less fortunate who are fighting for their Freedom in the Ukraine.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

My uncle died yesterday.

And when the realization that he was gone hit me & I wasn't gonna see him again, I cried for him today. And yet I never cry for myself.

Farewell Uncle, you will be missed.

..farewell Uncle.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I cried for him today. And yet I never cry for myself

It does not make sense to cry for him.

It sounds like you are crying for yourself, Senile @Joe.

Did you read the OP? Aryan asked for us not to treat this thread with your kind of behavior. Since he asked, I thought it was reasonable.

But a person like you isn't rational nor reasonable. You insist on always being a turd in the punch bowl.

@Bastard Factory fuck this guy already

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
The Leaker is afraid of mature discussions.

I know that when I feel sad when someone dies, it is not for the dead person, but for the people who are still alive; those who are mourning for the dead person.

The dead person is dead. They can no longer feel emotion. It is the living who are suffering.

I do not fault Senile @Joe for crying for himself. That is what people are really doing when they are in mourning.

If that is too difficult for you to comprehend, Leaker, then maybe step back and stay out of it.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The Leaker is afraid of mature discussions.

I know that when I feel sad when someone dies, it is not for the dead person, but for the people who are still alive; those who are mourning for the dead person.

The dead person is dead. They can no longer feel emotion. It is the living who are suffering.

I do not fault Senile @Joe for crying for himself. That is what people are really doing when they are in mourning.

If that is too difficult for you to comprehend, Leaker, then maybe step back and stay out of it.

You don't know the first thing about having a mature discussion. You're not fooling anyone.