Kids' Immune Systems are Bitched

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
RSV cases are rising in the Southern States.

Check this article out:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Pay attention to this section:

There's another factor. Kids have not been exposed to seasonal viruses for more than a year.

"I think one thing is that we essentially sheltered a lot of these children during Covid," Combs said.

"So there's a theory that their immune systems didn't have the normal low-lying, routine level of exposure to the normal routine viruses like rhinovirus, so they weren't able to mount those kind of micro-responses to viruses and keep themselves ticking over," she added.

"Essentially it was like a bubble child, right? You've had them contained. You've had them quarantined ... and then all of a sudden we released these children. They're often in summer camps and we're even looking at going back to school. So all of a sudden these relatively naive immune systems that have kind of been resting on their laurels for the past 18 months are forced to confront the normal load of viruses and it's just that much harder to fight them."

Okay, so sheltering the kids and keeping them masked and in a sanitary environment is fucking with their immune system. Good to know. Better let them go out and socialize and eat dirt and bugs and do all that stuff that keeps their immune system strong....right!?!?!?!

Well, read on.

They go on and on about how people have to be more diligent about wearing masks, handwashing, etc.. So doing these things has caused immune systems to shut down....so keep doing these things!!!

An entire generation of sickly people.

Great.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Check this article out:

There's another factor. Kids have not been exposed to seasonal viruses for more than a year.

"I think one thing is that we essentially sheltered a lot of these children during Covid," Combs said.

"So there's a theory that their immune systems didn't have the normal low-lying, routine level of exposure to the normal routine viruses like rhinovirus, so they weren't able to mount those kind of micro-responses to viruses and keep themselves ticking over," she added.

"Essentially it was like a bubble child, right? You've had them contained. You've had them quarantined ... and then all of a sudden we released these children. They're often in summer camps and we're even looking at going back to school. So all of a sudden these relatively naive immune systems that have kind of been resting on their laurels for the past 18 months are forced to confront the normal load of viruses and it's just that much harder to fight them."

Okay, so sheltering the kids and keeping them masked and in a sanitary environment is fucking with their immune system. Good to know. Better let them go out and socialize and eat dirt and bugs and do all that stuff that keeps their immune system strong....right!?!?!?!

Well, read on.

They go on and on about how people have to be more diligent about wearing masks, handwashing, etc.. So doing these things has caused immune systems to shut down....so keep doing these things!!!

Great.
I wouldn’t be concerned, kids are very unlikely to be severely unwell from Covid-19, and besides, there’s a host of contaminated surfaces that a child can pick up the virus from, and masks don’t effectively work. I’d be more concerned about giving a child under 12 the vaccine due to a number of potential complications and dangerous side-effects.

images

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I don't think you followed what I said.

They are destroying the kids' immune systems by sheltering them.

They essentially said "We fucked their immune system by keeping them sheltered. So now we better keep them even more sheltered."

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Check this article out:

Well, read on.

Great.

Yep.

Bunch of kids everywhere already are sick as fuck and missing school.

People really called this one. But it became a "right wing" argument.

All my friends kids? Sick AF. My cousin in laws 6 year old? 104 degree fever right now.

Any kids who were kept in and masked are gonna get hit with every typical virus and since they are wearing cloth masks in school? They are gonna catch all kinds of shit from the masks.

I've BEEN saying this. A lot of people have. Those cloth masks? They are germ factories because kids touch everything. Rub the face. Trade masks.

But no one will be rational about this. Get the masks off the kids - they should not be wearing them at school. If it cannot be done properly it should not be done.

Disinfect classroom throughout the day. Start a good handwashing routine with the class. Have teachers vaccinate. Get students up to date on childhood vaccines and the flu shot.

Simple as that.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

Check this article out:

Well, read on.

Great.

Yep.

All my friends kids? Sick AF. My cousin in laws 6 year old? 104 degree fever right now.

Any kids who were kept in and masked are gonna get hit with every typical virus and since they are wearing cloth masks in school? They are gonna catch all kinds of shit from the masks.

I've BEEN saying this. A lot of people have. Those cloth masks? They are germ factories because kids touch everything. Rub the face. Trade masks.

But no one will be rational about this. Get the masks off the kids - they should not be wearing them at school. If it cannot be done properly it should not be done.

Disinfect classroom throughout the day. Start a good handwashing routine with the class. Have teachers vaccinate. Get students up to date on childhood vaccines and the flu shot.

Simple as that.

We are testing every week. Runny nose or cough - test.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Check this article out:

Well, read on.

Great.

Yep.

Simple as that.

We are testing every week. Runny nose or cough - test.

My oldest started a few weeks ago, we didnt switch schools when we moved because it's her senior year.

So she stays back in our old area during the week with friends and comes home on weekends. Shes been vaccinated(she got the good one J&J). My 16 year old is doing an alternative school out here, partly online and partly in person.

And I'm home schooling Squish....like 3 days a week. I found a small group of moms who are also home schooling so we will soon be hanging out and going on "feild trips" and stuff with them.

Its kinder so, so far it's actually really fun.