Marvelous Marvin - 66 YoA

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reports emerged that legendary former middleweight champion Marvelous Marvin Hagler died Saturday in his hometown in Bartlett, New Hampshire, though as of 7:30 p.m. ET, there had been no official confirmation.

A
purporting to be from Hagler’s wife announced the death.

“I am sorry to make a very sad announcement. Today unfortunately my beloved husband Marvelous Marvin passed away unexpectedly at his home here in New Hampshire. Our family requests that you respect our privacy during this difficult time. With love, Kay G. Hagler.”
Hagler married Kay Guarrera in 2000. He was previously married to Bertha Hagler from 1980-90. The couple had five children.

TMZ followed the Facebook post with
. TMZ reported that Hagler’s family was notified four hours later that he had died.

Hagler was one of “The Four Kings,” of the 1980s along with Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran and Thomas Hearns. He is widely regarded to be not only arguably the greatest middleweight of all time but one of the greatest fighters, period, who ever lived.

Hagler, 66, was a member of the International Boxing Hall of Fame. He was 62-3-2 with 52 KOs. His most memorable win was a three-round KO of Thomas Hearns in 1985 that stands as one of the most exciting fights in Boston history.

He lost to Leonard in a controversial 1987 bout in Las Vegas. Frustrated, Hagler retired immediately following the bout and moved to Italy, where he became an actor. He never fought again.

The greatest round in Boxing history:
Round 1 Hagler/Hearns

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hitman Hearns was a pretty good fighter.

Those guys almost looked like Heavyweights.

I guess the one with the Hardest Head came out on top, eh?