New apartment hunting

Sindy666

Factory Bastard
Looking for something luxurious downtown PDX, two bed, two bath, amazing view. Thinking maybe this building that sits on the Eastside of the Burnside Bridge...

yard-luxury-apartments-penthouses-portland-or-building-photo.jpg

3O0nD7o.png

OP
OP
Sindy666

Sindy666

Factory Bastard
I don't just want a good view, I want an INSPIRING view. It's on East Burnside there's a bunch of restaurants etc. up the street. It's not far from the rest of downtown at all. Old Town/China Town/Skid Row and the Portland sign are right across the bridge. Fairly close to my boyfriend's place on the westside too. A little further north to the right of the pic above would be Pearl District and then S. Waterfront to the south/upper left. Seeing this aerial shot I wish it had a better rooftop that you could hang out on.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Apartments truly suck. Poor people live in apartments. I used to live in an apartment and it sucked. I am very happy I no longer live in an apartment.

I live in a very white and professional community made up of SFHs.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Apartments truly suck. Poor people live in apartments. I used to live in an apartment and it sucked. I am very happy I no longer live in an apartment.

Death traps....

Ha, I watched 1974 movie The Towering Inferno last night. I thought the same thing as soon as I read the first post... And drunk arseholes use the elevators to piss and shit in.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Looking for something luxurious downtown PDX, two bed, two bath, amazing view. Thinking maybe this building that sits on the Eastside of the Burnside Bridge...

yard-luxury-apartments-penthouses-portland-or-building-photo.jpg

3O0nD7o.png
Why apartment living though? You don’t get to choose which kind of people live in close proximity to you. At least with housing, you can choose a decent neighbourhood, grow a garden and have a little more separation from neighbours. I look at an apartment building like that, and I just see an intricate network of congested piss and shit being continuously siphoned away above sea level! Not good for the soul...

OP
OP
Sindy666

Sindy666

Factory Bastard
I've lived in houses in expensive, boring neighborhoods before and I'd rather live downtown in a building like this one close to all the fun. To each their own... :-)

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
The secret is to find an apartment block which doesn't accept tennants who are on welfare or is primarily populated by people who own the property they live in.

Anywhere that is filled with people who don't work will invariably be a shit hole.

Oliver Shagnasty

Honky Tonk Nigger
Site Supporter
The secret is to find an apartment block which doesn't accept tennants who are on welfare or is primarily populated by people who own the property they live in.

Anywhere that is filled with people who don't work will invariably be a shit hole.
She loves niggers so that's right up her alley.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I mean I left the metro area in my state to live in a mobile home in the woods and I've really never been happier. My living expenses are so low it's incredible, and I love my area. If I could go back in time I would do this much much sooner.

I'm renovating it and that's proving to be a pain....but I love it. If my kids were either smaller or old enough to live on their own and I wasnt taking care of my mother....I would seriously live in a converted school bus. I'm not kidding either, those things are AMAZING. Tiny houses are cool, too.

So I'm more likely to say screw the city and run from that peoply germy, over crowded area.

But if that's what you want.....that studio was cute. I see people saying things about the poor.....but....those down town apartments are ridiculous. I think they are way over priced. Are you renting it or buying it?

Do you really wanna be in a building with a bunch of other people all pressed in like that? I only lived in an apartment building once. I was paranoid that I'd be sleeping and one of the neighbors would somehow start a fire and burn us down. And that actually happened to my mothers apartment. She didnt live in an apartment building, but above a resale shop in a small town downtown area. The place was amazing, honestly. Huge. Real wood floors. High ceilings. Floor to ceiling windows. Large bathroom, clawfoot tub....it was amazing. And the rent was only 575 a month. The little old lady who owned the resale shop rented it out. All the utilities were separate and maintenance was on the tenant. It was still a great deal.

But a fire was started in a small taco place connected to the building so....it all burnt :/

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Death traps....

Ha, I watched 1974 movie The Towering Inferno last night. I thought the same thing as soon as I read the first post... And drunk arseholes use the elevators to piss and shit in.

I remember that movie.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't just want a good view, I want an INSPIRING view. It's on East Burnside there's a bunch of restaurants etc. up the street. It's not far from the rest of downtown at all. Old Town/China Town/Skid Row and the Portland sign are right across the bridge. Fairly close to my boyfriend's place on the westside too. A little further north to the right of the pic above would be Pearl District and then S. Waterfront to the south/upper left. Seeing this aerial shot I wish it had a better rooftop that you could hang out on.

A view is nice to have but it is even better to have space and privacy.

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️

I agree, have you seen that shithole that Trump lives in in NYC?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

A view is nice to have but it is even better to have space and privacy.

Even better if you can flee for your life and not end up in a bloody splatter in the stairwell or patio...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

OMG you got him!!

All of the policies we support are now totally invalidated because well.. ..he lives in an apartment and we dont like apartments! Gotdam you got us!

Imma go register Democrat right now!

*belch* (who needs policies?!)

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

OMG you got him!!

All of the policies we support are now totally invalidated because well.. ..he lives in an apartment and we dont like apartments! Gotdam you got us!

What was your favorite Trump Policy Oligarchy?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Death traps....

In Downtown San Diego they spent several million dollars back in the 1990's building a stylized pedestrian bridge which had to follow the Americans with disabilities act so they included elevators and wheel chair ramps, etc... It is right next to the downtown convention center and is a very artistic design. That said, last time I was there and used it... It became clear that the homeless people had started shitting and pissing inside the public elevators. I find myself having less and less sympathy for these people and am beginning to believe Singapore has it right wrt corporal punishment (they tie offenders down and then beat them with a bamboo cane).

The effects are non-life threatening but roughly similar to the 19th century practice of lashing an offender with a whip.

Last edited:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Death traps....

In Downtown San Diego they spent several million dollars back in the 1990's building a stylized pedestrian bridge which had to follow the Americans with disabilities act so they included elevators and wheel chair ramps, etc... It is right next to the downtown convention center and is a very artistic design. That said, last time I was there and used it... It became clear that the homeless people had started shitting and passing inside the public elevators. I find myself having less and less sympathy for these people and am beginning to believe Singapore has it right wrt corporal punishment (they tie offenders down and then beat them with a bamboo cane).

The effects are non-life threatening but roughly similar to the 19th century practice of lashing an offender with a whip.
Where would you have the homeless defecate?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Death traps....

In Downtown San Diego they spent several million dollars back in the 1990's building a stylized pedestrian bridge which had to follow the Americans with disabilities act so they included elevators and wheel chair ramps, etc... It is right next to the downtown convention center and is a very artistic design. That said, last time I was there and used it... It became clear that the homeless people had started shitting and passing inside the public elevators. I find myself having less and less sympathy for these people and am beginning to believe Singapore has it right wrt corporal punishment (they tie offenders down and then beat them with a bamboo cane).

In your mouth, cowboi...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

OMG you got him!!

Let's see. I loved the tax cuts which directly benefitted my family. Getting rid of the Obama care "fine"....an evil move on Obama's behalf, the lowering of our insurance costs was awesome. Lower gas prices and energy independence was good. Now MY bills are higher and gas is stupid.

And since I help in outreaches, School Choice was SO fucking important. The opportunity zones were SO fucking important.

The zero tolerance border policy that cut into human trafficking and Operation Talon was good.

Lowering medical/pharmaceutical costs and getting affordable insulin to people who were INSULIN HOARDING.

Working more to pull us out of the middle east and starting absolutely no new conflicts was good. First Step criminal justice reform that helps people jailed for bullshit get their lives back was good.

Should I go on? I can. Making animal abuse a felony was up there.

Why dont YOU tell us what part of Bidens destructive fuck the people shit show YOU like that justifies getting rid of Trump? Oh wait.....you dont even KNOW any policies. You vote on headlines from corporate media.

Please explain how the oligarchy is finally being thwarted now that the democrats have completely destroyed all those small business competitions and made wealthy corporate elites wealthier?

Shall we review Bezos profits since lock downs? Funny how they all vote for and donate to Democrats isnt it?

Idiot.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Death traps....

Rebuilding shelters would be a great start.

Maybe some opportunity zones. Something. Anything besides stepping over them and letting them rob every store unfettered.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

OMG you got him!!

Let's see. I loved the tax cuts which directly benefitted my family. Getting rid of the Obama care "fine"....an evil move on Obama's behalf, the lowering of our insurance costs was awesome. Lower gas prices and energy independence was good.

And since I help in outreaches, School Choice was SO fucking important. The opportunity zones were SO fucking important.

The zero tolerance border policy that cut into human trafficking and Operation Talon was good.

Lowering medical/pharmaceutical costs and getting affordable insulin to people who were INSULIN HOARDING.

Working more to pull us out of the middle east and starting absolutely no new conflicts was good. First Step criminal justice reform that helps people jailed for bullshit get their lives back was good.

Should I go on? I can. Making animal abuse a felony was up there.

Why dont YOU tell us what part of Bidens destructive fuck the people shit show YOU like that justifies getting rid of Trump? Oh wait.....you dont even KNOW any policies. You vote on headlines from corporate media.

Please explain how the oligarchy is finally being thwarted now that the democrats have completely destroyed all those small business competitions and made wealthy corporate elites wealthier?

Shall we review Bezos profits since lock downs? Funny how they all vote for and donate to Democrats isnt it?

Idiot.

Don't forget the economy, energy independence, the peace deals between Arab countries and Israel, making NATO nations pay their fair share, and the shitting off of triggered leftist guthooked leftists...

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Are you on the spectrum? I don't know if you could have stuck another "apartment" into that post.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Are you on the spectrum? I don't know if you could have stuck another "apartment" into that post.

How many apartments could you swallow?