Parenting.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So I was in my study/home office (I was playing Hearts of Iron 4 there on the PC) and decided to walk to the kitchen to grab a glass of OJ and who should I see but my stepson standing on a chair in front of the fridge with a chocolate bar in his hand. My wife and I store candy and chocolate bars in the cabinet above the fridge thinking it is high enough up that the kid can't reach it. Yet, he has clearly figured out how to use chairs to get up there.

Me: What are you doing?

Him: Nothing! Nothing!

Me: Then why are you standing on a bar stool with a chocolate bar in your hand? You know you have to ask mommy or I before you eat one.

Him: I was just making sure you hadn't eaten it yet.

Me: Well, you can clearly see it is still there so how about you put it back?

Him: Since it is there no one else must want it. Maybe I can have it?

Me: Your mom has dinner in the oven and you aren't supposed to eat candies before dinner. Put it back and maybe if you eat all of your dinner, including your vegetables, your mom might let you have some.

Him: (Look of utter defeat.)

I get that kids like to push boundaries but it does get a little frustrating when we go over the ground rules, you know he knows them, yet he still wants to pull a fast one when he thinks no one is looking. Hopefully, he grows out of this.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
LOL! My step dad wouldnt let me handle the guns in the house, the chain saw, or any of the other "dangerous" stuff. I took the fukin gun cabinet apart all the damn time he wasnt home! :LOL1: Point being, I wouldnt get my hope up for behavioral improvement with age!

X

xXx
Site Supporter
What you have there is an adventurous kid, maybe you want him on his ass in fronna a tablet or T.V ... guide him be nice but firm enjoy those moments ... unless you don't like him because he's a steppy
My reaction would have been laughter followed by a few funny low rated bad work like you little shithead lol and of course the after dinner speech

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What you have there is an adventurous kid, maybe you want him on his ass in fronna a tablet or T.V ... guide him be nice but firm enjoy those moments ... unless you don't like him because he's a steppy
My reaction would have been laughter followed by a few funny low rated bad work like you little shithead lol and of course the after dinner speech
Agreed. Maybe get him into some form of racing!

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Kids trolling Mah's boyfriend :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

GIMME CHOCOWET !!

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Like a Raccoon HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA no i mean like stealers

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

We were going to get him into little league baseball and the cub scouts but then the whole covid thing happened and we've been more or less on shut down for 10 months.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
So I was in my study/home office (I was playing Hearts of Iron 4 there on the PC) and decided to walk to the kitchen to grab a glass of OJ and who should I see but my stepson standing on a chair in front of the fridge with a chocolate bar in his hand. My wife and I store candy and chocolate bars in the cabinet above the fridge thinking it is high enough up that the kid can't reach it. Yet, he has clearly figured out how to use chairs to get up there.

Me: What are you doing?

Him: Nothing! Nothing!

Me: Then why are you standing on a bar stool with a chocolate bar in your hand? You know you have to ask mommy or I before you eat one.

Him: I was just making sure you hadn't eaten it yet.

Me: Well, you can clearly see it is still there so how about you put it back?

Him: Since it is there no one else must want it. Maybe I can have it?

Me: Your mom has dinner in the oven and you aren't supposed to eat candies before dinner. Put it back and maybe if you eat all of your dinner, including your vegetables, your mom might let you have some.

Him: (Look of utter defeat.)

I get that kids like to push boundaries but it does get a little frustrating when we go over the ground rules, you know he knows them, yet he still wants to pull a fast one when he thinks no one is looking. Hopefully, he grows out of this.

Wait til they become teenagers. You ain’t seen nothing yet.

My older three gave me hell but they became productive members of society. I was not a perfect parent but I put them first always.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

We were going to get him into little league baseball and the cub scouts but then the whole covid thing happened and we've been more or less on shut down for 10 months.

Dude, I wanted to do Cub Scouts as a kid, mom said too much money.

Fuck Covid. YOU be the Scout Master! Take your kid camping! Teach him shit! How to roast hot dogs over a fire, and smores! Trust me, your kid will love you for it. He will have permagrin.

If hes older, than a wee lad, teach him some bushcraft shit too. Like how to make fire with a flint. My son thought that was so cool.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Just make him keep practicing. See if he can learn more stuff online. Have him and a friend teach each other and spar together! Fuck this Covid! I'll make it my bitch!!!

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

Fuck Covid. YOU be the Scout Master! Take your kid camping! Teach him shit! How to roast hot dogs over a fire, and smores! Trust me, your kid will love you for it. He will have permagrin.

If hes older, than a wee lad, teach him some bushcraft shit too. Like how to make fire with a flint. My son thought that was so cool.
Always a great idea to teach kids wilderness/survival skills.

I showed my son how to hunt small game when he was 6 years old and he shot his first moose at 12 years old.

Ok the moose part doesn't apply to you but simple things like setting a rabbit snare does apply.lol

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
We had my grandson in tae kwon do. Then COVID happened.

Cool! I took karate for 8 years as a kid, loved it!

I took Muay Thai for two years. I was in such good shape back then LOL.

Ha! Cool!

My style was Okinawan style, Seishin Kai. It was a combo of Jujistsu, Akido, and karate. I was in DAMN good shape too lol.

Im serious about your grandkid, have him teach a friend what he knows, and spar and practice SAFELY with each other. Learn more on YouTube if possible. It will keep him interested.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

Ha! Cool!

My style was Okinawan style, Seishin Kai. It was a combo of Jujistsu, Akido, and karate. I was in DAMN good shape too lol.

Im serious about your grandkid, have him teach a friend what he knows, and spar and practice SAFELY with each other. Learn more on YouTube if possible. It will keep him interested.

he’s only four! lol

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
My kids liked to push boundaries... I didn’t say no to everything, but when I said “NO” I meant it. Adding a consequence also helps, but I realize you’re in a difficult position as a stepparent.

The biggest mistake I made was telling them don’t raise your voice, improve your argument... cause they are smart little fuckers... like too smart for their own good sometimes lol

My son liked to scare me when he was 10ish, so he would hide toy bugs and snakes in the house. I’m talking the head of the cockroach toy peeking out from under the fridge like a real roach... cause he knew I would go running 150 mph screaming through the house because I don’t do bugs. I got married so I didn’t have to kill bugs.

I didn’t stop him until he was doing it to my 75 year old grandmother... which I told him she is old and you’re going to put her in the hospital and then how are you going to feel? He never did it again, but he isn’t my oppositional defiant child. That one I call my pretty little demon.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

I showed my son how to hunt small game when he was 6 years old and he shot his first moose at 12 years old.

Ok the moose part doesn't apply to you but simple things like setting a rabbit snare does apply.lol

This is true! They are good skills to have! Never know!

Thats so awesome man. I cant say all that about my kid lol. I didnt really have a dad growing up, so I was late to the game when I finally could afford my own rifle. Also dont have my own land. But damn it, I tried my damndest to teach my kid what I could, and still do lol, even at 22 he still a kid lol.

I still credit you, from long ago, about that song. You posted it, and said if any of us had kids, to pay heed to the words, and I did. I was busy a lot, but I tried so hard to make time for my kid. That song has always been my main memory of you man, all those years I aint seen ya lol. Cheers :Cheers:

ALL YOU PARENTS LISTEN TO THIS SHIT!!!

• Agree!
Reactions: Ice

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Ha! Cool!

he’s only four! lol

Lol well shit. Thats pretty young lol. Some basics, and exercise, will still go a long way. No one take his chicky nuggies!!! Hay-ya! lol

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
My kids liked to push boundaries... I didn’t say no to everything, but when I said “NO” I meant it. Adding a consequence also helps, but I realize you’re in a difficult position as a stepparent.

The biggest mistake I made was telling them don’t raise your voice, improve your argument... cause they are smart little fuckers... like too smart for their own good sometimes lol

My son liked to scare me when he was 10ish, so he would hide toy bugs and snakes in the house. I’m talking the head of the cockroach toy peeking out from under the fridge like a real roach... cause he knew I would go running 150 mph screaming through the house because I don’t do bugs. I got married so I didn’t have to kill bugs.

I didn’t stop him until he was doing it to my 75 year old grandmother... which I told him she is old and you’re going to put her in the hospital and then how are you going to feel? He never did it again, but he isn’t my oppositional defiant child. That one I call my pretty little demon.

Awww, much love for grandma. Kid got respect from me lol. Funny story though lol.

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

Thats so awesome man. I cant say all that about my kid lol. I didnt really have a dad growing up, so I was late to the game when I finally could afford my own rifle. Also dont have my own land. But damn it, I tried my damndest to teach my kid what I could, and still do lol, even at 22 he still a kid lol.

I still credit you, from long ago, about that song. You posted it, and said if any of us had kids, to pay heed to the words, and I did. I was busy a lot, but I tried so hard to make time for my kid. That song has always been my main memory of you man, all those years I aint seen ya lol. Cheers :Cheers:

Right on Blazor, you did good. My son is 44 years old now and he's a better hunter than his old man. :Grin3:

10344769-720008574714756-9005579638625450901-n.jpg

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Right on Blazor, you did good. My son is 44 years old now and he's a better hunter than his old man. :Grin3:

Holy shit! Hell yeah!

Hahahaha, I just turned 44 too lolol.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Holy shit! Hell yeah!

you’re older than me.. not by much tho lol

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Holy shit! Hell yeah!

Lol cool.

I dont look my age nor act my age if that helps lol. A Southern Gentleman if you will. But what happens at the bonfire stays at the bonfire lol. Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Holy shit! Hell yeah!

Lol cool.

I dont look my age nor act my age if that helps lol. A Southern Gentleman if you will. But what happens at the bonfire stays at the bonfire lol. Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I am expert bonfire builder since I’m your quint essential Cali blonde.

pssst I kiss and tell shhhhhhh lol

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Holy shit! Hell yeah!

Lol cool.

I am expert bonfire builder since I’m your quint essential Cali blonde.

pssst I kiss and tell shhhhhhh lol

Made me think of that song, put another log on the fire lol, so I looked it up, never seen this muppet video before, pretty funny lol.....