Pets killed by flea collars

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I dont use these. Or flea killer.

I put flea meds on General Meow(my Bombay house panther) and it burned the furr off where I put it(between his shoulder blades).

Never again. Shits horrible.

I have had any problem with fleas....but my cats stay inside. We are gonna build a catio so i might have to find a natural flea repellent. I'm not putting poison on my cats.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I put flea meds on General Meow(my Bombay house panther) and it burned the furr off where I put it(between his shoulder blades).

I have had any problem with fleas....but my cats stay inside. We are gonna build a catio so i might have to find a natural flea repellent. I'm not putting poison on my cats.

I wouldn't feed cats 'modern' cat food either.

Especially that dried packaged stuff.

Lots of cats seem to die of intestinal problems, and I wonder if it's related to the cat food they consume.

Probably be better off feeding them fish & milk every day.

Got any suggestions for cat diets?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Lots of cats seem to die of intestinal problems, and I wonder if it's related to the cat food they consume.

YES.

Cats are obligate carnivores. You wouldnt really feed them fish and milk either. Fish maybe on occasion, but never give them dairy outside of maybe mixing raw egg in their raw ground food. Milk will really upset a cats stomach, they actually intolerant to lactose. I'm not sure how that cats love milk thing got started because milk is horrible for cats.....as are most of the fillers in dry kibble cat food. They put rice and grains in that shit that just is not good for cats at all.

The best diet for a cat is raw meat. Moreso raw poultry.

I started feeding my cats raw a while ago, and it's awesome and has saved money.

There is all kinds of info online for feeding cats raw. The important thing is making sure they get enough taurine. I have supplements like taurine I add to the meat when I grind it. You wanna give them organ meat as well, like grind up the hearts and stuff with the meat and bones

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Raw diet is better for dogs as well....but I'm 200 percent a cat person. I like dogs, but I love cats. Lol.

There are people who feed their cats prey animals, like feeder mice and chicks. They just toss it on a plate and let the cat have at it. I'd be too afraid it would end up in my bed or rotting under the couch.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

YES.

Cats are obligate carnivores. You wouldnt really feed them fish and milk either. Fish maybe on occasion, but never give them dairy outside of maybe mixing raw egg in their raw ground food. Milk will really upset a cats stomach, they actually intolerant to lactose. I'm not sure how that cats love milk thing got started because milk is horrible for cats.....as are most of the fillers in dry kibble cat food. They put rice and grains in that shit that just is not good for cats at all.

I started feeding my cats raw a while ago, and it's awesome and has saved money.

There is all kinds of info online for feeding cats raw. The important thing is making sure they get enough taurine. I have supplements like taurine I add to the meat when I grind it. You wanna give them organ meat as well, like grind up the hearts and stuff with the meat and bones

Raw diet is better for dogs as well....but I'm 200 percent a cat person. I like dogs, but I love cats. Lol.

There are people who feed their cats prey animals, like feeder mice and chicks. They just toss it on a plate and let the cat have at it. I'd be too afraid it would end up in my bed or rotting under the couch.

...so maybe cats just give them water for liquids?

Yeah, I think giving a cat dried food, would be the equivalent of feeding a human rolled oats every day and nothing else. Of course, what would that do to a person's internal organs? Probably dry 'em out and shortern their life span.

I like cats better too, simply because they're lower maintenance and take less work than dogs. Plus, if there's a backyard for them, they're generally smart enough to realize they need to go outside to use the toilet.

So what kin be a more ideal pet than that? You don't have to cage them, clean out their cage, take them for a walk, clean up their poop & they'll still be there for you if you want some tlc or something to shower with affection. Not too much responsibility like ownin a dog, but more accessible than a hamster.

Ya get more bank for your buck!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I give the chewables to the dog. If it croaks, I'll get another dog.

I worked for this limo company that had a German Shepard in the yard to guard the vehicles.

It got cancer and later died.

I think in no small part it may have had to do with all the chemicals and gas that spilled in the yard fron the cars.

So they were likely carcinogenic to the dog.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

YES.

Yeah, I think giving a cat dried food, would be the equivalent of feeding a human rolled oats every day and nothing else. Of course, what would that do to a person's internal organs? Probably dry 'em out and shortern their life span.

I like cats better too, simply because they're lower maintenance and take less work than dogs. Plus, if there's a backyard for them, they're generally smart enough to realize they need to go outside to use the toilet.

So what kin be a more ideal pet than that? You don't have to cage them, clean out their cage, take them for a walk, clean up their poop & they'll still be there for you if you want some tlc or something to shower with affection. Not too much responsibility like ownin a dog, but more accessible than a hamster.

You can totally harness train kitties and take them on walks!

But yes I agree, they are superior companion animals. Prudance (one if my tuxedos) knows when my anxiety is bad(I have ptsd) and she will come sit on me and purr. She just does it, she wasnt trained as a "support" animal but she acts as one.

Theyll keep your house free of pests, as well.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

YES.

You totally harness train kitties and take them on walks!

But yes I agree, they are superior companion animals. Prudance (one if my tuxedos) knows when my anxiety is bad(I have ptsd) and she will come sit on me and purr. She just does it, she wasnt trained as a "support" animal but she acts as one.

About the only downside, they don't like to get bathed and they're usu afraid of water.

And they effing scratch you when they're scared like that.

Just one person I knew got the cats to willingly take the plunge into the bathtub.

But they started them early from the time they were kittens so they were used to it.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

Milk? Your cat's gonna shit all over your house

If you wanna go crazy, buy real food and cook it for cats, no oil, salt or spices.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

YES.

You totally harness train kitties and take them on walks!

About the only downside, they don't like to get bathed and they're usu afraid of water.

And they effing scratch you when they're scared like that.

Just one person I knew got the cats to willingly take the plunge into the bathtub.

But they started them early from the time they were kittens so they were used to it.

Well on the upside of the downside, cats are such clean animals you never need to bath them unless they get covered in something or sprayed by a skunk. You really are not supposed to give cats baths.

I have rinse free cat shampoo if they need a washing.

Keep their claws clipped, provide scratch posts and learn their body language and scratching isnt a problem

Turkish Van cats love to go swimming lol.

I have a water bowl that has a fountain, so the water is always moving and its filtered. The cats LOVE the fountain.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

If you wanna go crazy, buy real food and cook it for cats, no oil, salt or spices.

...such as?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Why cook it? It's natural for them to eat it raw.

You ruin the nutrients they need by cooking it.

I just grind up chicken, bone, organs along with their supplements and give it raw. Sometimes I give them venison, lamb beef and duck. Never cooked.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I just grind up chicken, bone, organs along with their supplements and give it raw. Sometimes I give them venison, lamb beef and duck. Never cooked.

...such spoiled cats.

You pamper them far too much.

Most people don't eat that well. :Wink:

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
cheerful-OP-is-a-Faggot-memes.jpg

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I always cooked real food for my dog. Meat, veggies, fish, eggs. Most commercial pet food is crap. There are some good ones, but they are crazy expensive.

Anyway, flea collars are toxic death traps.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

You moved to a third world nation... fuck your cats. You did and do.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I never knew this. My cat Martine hated anything around his neck. I did give him flea medicine once a month, recommendEd by his vet. Sadly I had to put him down last month from kidney issues. I really miss his company.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I never knew this. My cat Martine hated anything around his neck. I did give him flea medicine once a month, recommendEd by his vet. Sadly I had to put him down last month from kidney issues. I really miss his company.

I'm sure you could burrow into some Tico teens and drown your sorrows away...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Why cook it?

In the wild, they just take down other animals, drag them off and eat them while they are still kicking and screaming.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

My condolences...

:QuietTime:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Hey DD. Last time I checked this is a neutral thread. Anything else you like to add?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I'm still in MI, Freud.

Are you talking to me or Seaboob? Lmaoooo

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I'm still in MI, Freud.

Are you talking to me or Seaboob? Lmaoooo

Wrong target, lovely... I fixed it.... but not soon enough... lulz

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

...such spoiled cats.

You pamper them far too much.

Most people don't eat that well. :Wink:

I'm sorry about your kitty. Yeah, I miss my doggo a lot.

All of that flea stuff is toxic. I tried natural stuff with my doggie. It doesn't work that well, so I gave him the med stuff like once a year instead of once a month. It's all very dicey. Vets won't tell you unless they're into natural medicine.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I promise, Prudance Von Purrpuff and Mabel Mittensfeet remain pure and unmolested

20210302-125842.jpg

They love to get up in the dishwashing though.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Dove, your domesticated animals are lovely. I imagine they make dainty little noises that break your heart every day.

They try to meow but they just squeak and its fucking adorable. And that's just when a sound actually comes out lol. Mostly they do that silent meow where they open their mouths but no sound comes out.

Prudey whines ♡ I'm pretty shamelessly obsessed with them. They are completely spoiled. They have the best toe beans.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

...such as?
Chicken, fish, lean beef, rice, cats and dogs can eat many kinds of human food. Just keep the oil and condiments out and you should have no problem.