Post your food hacks here

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
If you have jarred salsa, e.g., Pace Picante Salsa...you can make it better and taste more authentic with two additional ingredients

cilantro and the a bit of vinegar from canned or jarred jalapenos.

Take the salsa, chunky is best, and put it in a bowl

Take a tablespoon or three (to taste really) of the vinegar from the pickled jalapenos and add into bowl

Take some cilantro (to taste), cleaned of course, and chop it and add to bowl as well

Mix it, taste for flavor and you have a tasty, spicy and more authentic salsa for chips, scrambled eggs, burritos, tacos, etc.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When I was in college I ate a lot of ramen noodles because they were cheap and fast. Boil some water, add the flavor pack, a dash of soy sauce, a few drops of fish sauce, if you have a big bowl and want something extra a bit of tom yum, minced garlic, chopped green onion, left over chicken or what ever, and one soft boiled egg. Garnish with chopped parsley. If you have anything else laying around which you feel like throwing in you can do that too.

Carrot, mushroom, corn kernels, peas, celery, what ever.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
One can drizzle most foods with just two ingredients that makes all the difference:

images

images

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
When I was in college I ate a lot of ramen noodles because they were cheap and fast. Boil some water, add the flavor pack, a dash of soy sauce, a few drops of fish sauce, if you have a big bowl and want something extra a bit of tom yum, minced garlic, chopped green onion, left over chicken or what ever, and one soft boiled egg. Garnish with chopped parsley. If you have anything else laying around which you feel like throwing in you can do that too.

Carrot, mushroom, corn kernels, peas, celery, what ever.

In the dorm, we added jarred spaghetti sauce to cooked ramens. It worked in a pinch, but I have to admit, I never did it again. lol

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter
Grate 3 large carrots
Peel and thinly slice 1 clementine
Season with course salt, ground black pepper.
Mix
Drizzle with evoo, squeeze of half a lemon.
Toss
Top with mint.

Now you have a slaw.
Goes great with pork, or lamb.
Or fish or bovine...

No clementines? Canned mandarine oranges will do.
Like a kick? Add a pinch of red pepper flakes.