Rush Limbaugh Dead @ 70

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Alka%252520Seltzer%252520Plop%252520Fizz%252520TV%252520ad-8x6.jpg

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

RIP Rush! You were the greatest CONservative ever!

He was a sleazy disgusting dirtball, Lokmeer.

They oughta rip that underserved Congressional Medal offa his neck and incinerate it.

However, I like/admire honest conservatives who happne to identify themselves with the Republican Party tho.

general-eisenhower-gettyimages-107758850.jpg

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Josephine, you're entitled to your opinion, wrong as it it.

Like I said, I don't mind honorable conservatives deserving of praise.

Just thought Limbaugh never deserved any.

Couldn't stand the guy.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Still here Stubby? Your life must be awesome. After all it’s free

OP
OP
Lokmar

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The thing that most impressed me about Rush was when very disagreeable people would call in and go sideways on him, he would calmly engage them and many times, way more than half, they would calm down and you could tell that he changed their opinion of him by the end of the call. He really had more patience with people than any other personality I've heard ever. He was a very kind man to the callers and was always very humbled by the adoration his fans showed him.

Everyone who says he was bad, evil, or mean never listened to his show. Even my wife thought bad of him until she started listening to him. She was absolutely shocked after listening to him for a week and came home and exclaimed how wrong she was about him. I think that cemented her distrust for media in general.

• Funny
Reactions: X

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
The thing that most impressed me about Rush was when very disagreeable people would call in and go sideways on him, he would calmly engage them and many times, way more than half, they would calm down and you could tell that he changed their opinion of him by the end of the call. He really had more patience with people than any other personality I've heard ever. He was a very kind man to the callers and was always very humbled by the adoration his fans showed him.

Everyone who says he was bad, evil, or mean never listened to his show. Even my wife thought bad of him until she started listening to him. She was absolutely shocked after listening to him for a week and came home and exclaimed how wrong she was about him. I think that cemented her distrust for media in general.

Unlike Michael Savage who went off on his callers. Sometimes it was like a fucking comedy show.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Couldn't stand the guy.

Why?

Having Rush Lumbaugh shoved down our throats would be the equivalent of Republicans/Conservatives force fed and made to watch/listen to poetry readings by Amanda Gorman every single day for the next 20 years bashing White privilege.

This is what it was like to listen to Rush, only this being the diametric opposite of him:

Now if that would drive Cons berserk, just think what 20 years or more of Rush on the air waves felt like?

I'm glad that guy's dead. I couldn't stand him.

Even Michael Savage was more bearable because he was't nearly as insidious a demagogue as Rush.

Savage is blatant, but at least he's up front about his positions

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Couldn't stand the guy.

Why?

Having Rush Lumbaugh shoved down our throats would be the equivalent of Republicans/Conservatives force fed and made to watch/listen to poetry readings by Amanda Gorman every single day for the next 20 years bashing White privilege.

This is what it was like to listen to Rush, only this being the diametric opposite of him:

Now if that would drive Cons berserk, just think what 20 years or more of Rush on the air waves felt like?

Even Michael Savage was more bearable because he was't nearly as insidious a demagogue as Rush.

So it's the respectful approach that makes you hate him?

Why do you assume he wasnt up front?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Couldn't stand the guy.

Why?

So it's the respectful approach that makes you hate him?

Why do you assume he wasnt up front?

Well Rush presented himself as this down home "Aw Shucks" kinda guy while knifing people in the back.
I'll tell you my experience with Rush when I was living in California.
Back in the 90s, there was this sudden anti-immigration ferver and those of us 'aliens' got caught in it.
With the ascendancy of Newt Gingrich, The Republican party in the US and California went beserk and wanted to go on this witch hunt to root out all illegal immigrants.

And Rush Limbaugh would go on the air waves feeding into this chit about an invasion of illegals in places like California.
So as a registered but legal alien with a legit work visa, those kind of rants affected us.
Then people started to view us with suspicion even tho we didin't do anything wrong and were just following the laws.

I'd hear comments like, "What are you doing in OUR country?"
And at least Michael Savage, as terrible as he seemed, we always knew where he came from. He was always considered extreme anyways.

But Rush, was much more sinister, coniving and devious in his delivery.
He was like some smarmy character from the 'Ministry of Love' in George Orwell's 1984.

I guess that's why I didn't like Rush or remember him that fondly.
Sorry if that offends you Dovey, but that's the rationale for my antipathy towards Rush Limbaugh.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
for anyone interested in hearing Michael savage go off on liberal callers

Savage used to be a Liberal who was trying to be an Academic at Berkely where he got his PhD.

Savage then studied at the
, earning a
in
in 1970 and a
in
in 1972.
He obtained a
in 1978 from the
, in
His
was titled Nutritional Ethnomedicine in

But academic politics led to his inability to gain tenure there and along with other career setbacks he transformed/hardened into a radicalized NeoCon.

Savage introduced himself to certain writers in the
neighborhood of San Francisco in the 1970s.
He befriended and traveled with
poets
and
Savage maintained a correspondence with Ginsberg consisting of ten letters and three postcards across four years, which is maintained with Ginsberg's papers at
One letter asked for Ginsberg and Ferlinghetti to come do a poetry reading, so others could "hear and see and know why I adore your public image."
Another acquaintance was poet and author
, who says that Savage dreamed of becoming a
in the mold of

Acquaintance Robert Cathcart says that by 1980, in his private conversations with Savage, he knew him to have conservative political views.
Schwartz stated Savage became alienated from the North Beach scene in the early 1980s. Savage had intense arguments with his liberal friends.
When asked about his shift in politics and other views, Savage replied, "I was once a child; I am now a man."
Savage has cited many occurrences in his life that helped shape his conservative views. Savage states that his opinions on
were partly shaped by his first job out of college as a
He described one incident in which his supervisor had him deliver a check to a welfare client to furnish their apartment, while his own apartment was furnished with cardboard boxes.
Another turning point occurred for him as a writer of health and nutrition books in the 1980s, when he experienced what he saw as "political opposition" after making the suggestion that the closure of homosexual bathhouses might be necessary in response to the emerging
epidemic.
In 1994 his final health and nutrition manuscript, Immigrants and Epidemics, was rejected by publishers for being inflammatory.
In 1996, Savage applied to become the Dean of the
at the
. The University instead selected award-winning journalist and China scholar
. Savage sued the University, contending discrimination for being conservative.
Savage later dropped the lawsuit.