Russell Brand on Big Pharma

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I watched this last night. Not sure how pharma corps profiting via government vaccine coercion/force is okay but they've gone too far here.

They either have to have integrity across the board or forget it. Allowing corporate fascism isnt a good idea.

If you are telling us pharma corps are corrupt, you are kinda late to the party.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I watched this last night. Not sure how pharma corps profiting via government vaccine coercion/force is okay but they've gone too far here.

They either have to have integrity across the board or forget it. Allowing corporate fascism isnt a good idea.

If you are telling us pharma corps are corrupt, you are kinda late to the party.

The problem is, with the covid vaccine it's not black and white. It's NOT okay that they are profiting, and as I have said before, it is NOT okay that they refuse to share the vaccines with the underdeveloped world. I still 100% disagree with the way Big Pharma in the US does business. I have posted against their business model hundreds of times, and for many years, and if you still have a memory, you will remember that from SG. I used to get in big fights with Oak about it. I still believe everything I posted about them. Don't tell me I'm late to the party. If you're going to argue against my beliefs, be straight on what I believe first.

BUT, something has to be done about this pandemic. So, what are our choices? Doing nothing is not a choice, imo.

Last edited:

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

The problem is, with the covid vaccine it's not black and white. It's NOT okay that they are profiting, and as I have said before, it is NOT okay that they refuse to share the vaccines with the underdeveloped world. I still 100% disagree with the way Big Pharma in the US does business. I have posted against their business model hundreds of times, and if you still have a memory, you will remember that from SG. I still believe everything I posted about them.

BUT, something has to be done about this pandemic. So, what are our choices? Doing nothing is not a choice, imo.
You have a soul LotusBottom...and I like it! :ThumbsUp1:

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The problem is, with the covid vaccine it's not black and white. It's NOT okay that they are profiting, and as I have said before, it is NOT okay that they refuse to share the vaccines with the underdeveloped world. I still 100% disagree with the way Big Pharma in the US does business. I have posted against their business model hundreds of times, and if you still have a memory, you will remember that from SG. I still believe everything I posted about them.

Why, yes, I do. My soul is my number 1 motivation behind everything I believe.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

The problem is, with the covid vaccine it's not black and white. It's NOT okay that they are profiting, and as I have said before, it is NOT okay that they refuse to share the vaccines with the underdeveloped world. I still 100% disagree with the way Big Pharma in the US does business. I have posted against their business model hundreds of times, and for many years, and if you still have a memory, you will remember that from SG. I used to get in big fights with Oak about it. I still believe everything I posted about them. Don't tell me I'm late to the party. If you're going to argue against my beliefs, be straight on what I believe first.

Lotus, the vaccine wont stop this pandemic. We know this.

Vaccinated people still spread it. Just the same as unvaccinated. Probably moreso....because they dont get as sick.

Why are people being punished for not being comfortable with this vaccine? It makes no medical sense and we dont do this with the influenza shot. Which is more effective at preventing influenza spred.

The Covid shot puts younger people(who are not at a great Covid risk) at a higher risk of heart complications.

And people who have been infected already have superior anti bodies. They are MORE effectively protected.

So you see how this makes no medical sense? Doctors and nurses oppose universal mandates of this vaccine. Its medical tyranny.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I think it's time to rein in Big Pharma and start regulating them.

Starting to wonder if it's Big Pharma who runs national health policy in many countries than the government's or national health agencies.

Ie - in the USA the FDA is set to approve COVID booster shots already even tho many people have just received their 2 nd dose.

And yet other countries like Canada haven't approved Moderna or Pfizer 3rd doses and it's public health officials stated that they're not needed at this time.

These are major contradictions by Pfizer and public health authorities

Seems crazy that the FDA in the US wants a 3rd booster when barely over 50% have been fully vaccinated. Perhaps they should just concentrate in getting the whole population Vaxxed first.

This 3rd booster shot pushed by big pharma seems to be motivated by profit than the Greater good.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

I liked the part where you said you were anti-establishment and anti-capitalism! That moved me.

tumblr_inline_mpa47vc8z81qz4rgp.gif

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Starting to wonder if it's Big Pharma who runs national health policy in many countries than the government's or national health agencies.

Ie - in the USA the FDA is set to approve COVID booster shots already even tho many people have just received their 2 nd dose.

And yet other countries like Canada haven't approved Moderna or Pfizer 3rd doses and it's public health officials stated that they're not needed at this time.

Seems crazy that the FDA in the US wants a 3rd booster when barely over 50% have been fully vaccinated. Perhaps they should just concentrate in getting the whole population Vaxxed first.

This 3rd booster shot pushed by big pharma seems to be motivated by profit than the Greater good.

Doesnt matter what we do when the government is joined with them, Joe.

That's the issue. You assume regulations matter. If the ones overseeing are corrupt it really does nothing.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That's the issue. You assume regulations matter. If the ones overseeing are corrupt it really does nothing.

Well it's very noticeable in the US.

At first the FDA said booster shots were not needed at this time.

Then suddenly they changed their tune and now say they're needed.

Plus it's noticeable that just Pfizer and Moderna get promoted rather than smaller companies.

Astra Zeneca said it wants the FDA to approve a drug that would prevent COVID. AZ the same company whose vaccine had high death rates, mishaps, bold clots, crippled recipients. The same company many nations abandoned.

It's almost as if Big Pharma sends in their lobbyists and twists the arms of government officials and the health authorities to get them to change their policies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Well it's very noticeable in the US.

At first the FDA said booster shots were not needed at this time.

Then suddenly they changed their tune and now say they're needed.

Plus it's noticeable that just Pfizer and Moderna get promoted rather than smaller companies.

Astra Zeneca said it wants the FDA to approve a drug that would prevent COVID. AZ the same company whose vaccine had high death rates, mishaps, bold clots, crippled recipients. The same company many nations abandoned.

It's almost as if Big Pharma sends in their lobbyists and twists the arms of government officials and the health authorities to get them to change their policies.

Yup. It's nothing but profit mongering.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I liked the part where you said you were anti-establishment and anti-capitalism! That moved me.

"The part"? I say that all the time. It's a huge chunk, not part, of my core beliefs.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What's worrying about this collusion between Big Pharma and the health authorities is the booster shots haven't been adequately tested.

And have they even gone through proper clinical trials yet?

Plus there have been reports of mishaps of Pfizer's booster shots in countries like Israel.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

"The part"? I say that all the time. It's a huge chunk, not part, of my core beliefs.
Well it’s a worthy part no less...you raised a notch!

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What's worrying about this collusion between Big Pharma and the health authorities is the booster shots haven't been adequately tested.

Plus there have been reports of mishaps of Pfizer's booster shots in countries like Israel.

I'm hesitant to get a booster. I am hoping that the fucking virus is going to settle down into more flu-like patterns. I really don't think I want to do the booster.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Eventually it will become more flu like but that will probably take a century or more. Evolution works but slowly.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Someone in my Portuguese class ended up in the hospital for six days with a blood clot after her J&J jab. I had a tremendous headache after mine. Just worrying.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

No we didn't argue about Pharmaceuticals, we argued because you attacked my partner who worked in patent law for biotechnology. Blaming people that are trying to get drugs approved that have saved lives, as he did in the drugs for HIV/AIDS. He saw very promising drugs ignored by pharmaceuticals disappear because investors refused to support those drugs.

There's a lot most of us don't know about the pharmaceutical industry.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

No we didn't argue about Pharmaceuticals, we argued because you attacked my partner who worked in patent law for biotechnology. Blaming people that are trying to get drugs approved that have saved lives, as he did in the drugs for HIV/AIDS. He saw very promising drugs ignored by pharmaceuticals disappear because investors refused to support those drugs.

You are so full of shit. Completely and utterly. I mean, talk about gaslighting. I didn't even know your "partner" worked in patent law for biotech. You always came after me whenever I posted about my feelings about pharmaceuticals, and you know it. Or else you're delusional. You frequently told me how stupid I was when I posted about my and my family's personal experiences with pharmaceuticals, and how I knew nothing about how all this works, and that you were an authority because you worked in the "medical field."

One of your arguments was that I'm a stupid cunt because I don't understand that there's no difference between naturally occurring chemicals and man-made chemical concoctions.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You are so full of shit. Completely and utterly. I mean, talk about gaslighting. I didn't even know your "partner" worked in patent law for biotech. You always came after me whenever I posted about my feelings about pharmaceuticals, and you know it. Or else you're delusional. You frequently told me how stupid I was when I posted about my and my family's personal experiences with pharmaceuticals, and how I knew nothing about how all this works, and that you were an authority because you worked in the "medical field."

You knew from CBT that I said he worked in the field. It's there for me to find. Please don't make me do it. In any case, I had nothing to do with this god damn conversation until you dragged me in.

The field is more complex than you know. I stand by that.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You knew from CBT that I said he worked in the field. It's there for me to find. Please don't make me do it. In any case, I had nothing to do with this god damn conversation until you dragged me in.

Find it, then, and post it.

You went after me dozens of times when I posted about pharma. I wasn't posting to start anything with you. I posted to state my opinion, and you always went postal about it. "Cunt," as I recall, was your favorite nickname for me.

I never said word one about whether or not the field is complex.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You went after me dozens of times when I posted about pharma. I wasn't posting to start anything with you. I posted to state my opinion, and you always went postal about it. "Cunt," as I recall, was your favorite nickname for me.

I have already proved you wrong about not returning to CBT after you "left". That was a lie or a brain fart on your part. I'm willing to believe this is another senior moment.

You need to move on. I'm not important. Get treatment if you need it, snowflake.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I have already proved you wrong about not returning to CBT after you "left". That was a lie or a brain fart on your part. I'm willing to believe this is another senior moment.

You need to move on. I'm not important. Get treatment if you need it, snowflake.

You proved me wrong about not returning to CBT? Where? I missed that. :LOL3:

Find the posts where I was informed about your partner's profession. I dare you. Otherwise you're a liar.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Find the posts where I was informed about your partner's profession. I dare you. Otherwise you're a liar.

How could you miss it? I tagged you.

I'm not a liar, nor am I your bitch. Get a life and get back to this topic

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oh, gee, I forgot to hop when you beckoned. My bad. Didn't see it.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You don't have to hop. You don't have to see shit. You simply prove yourself a gaslighter. Move on, Lotus. SEEK HELP, that good national health service in Portugal would clearly get you some therapy.

When they ask you what your problem is, you can furiously whisper in your rage fueled response "OAK"

rofl

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You don't have to hop. You don't have to see shit. You simply prove yourself a gaslighter. Move on, Lotus. SEEK HELP, that good national health service in Portugal would clearly get you some therapy.

When they ask you what your problem is, you can furiously whisper in your rage fueled response "OAK"

rofl

I'm a gaslighter because I didn't see what you claim to have posted? Okay, model of sanity.

I won't wait to see the supposed post where you informed me of your partner's profession, and I responded, proving I knew, BEFORE any of our disagreements about pharmaceuticals, what he does.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

rofl

I'm a gaslighter because I didn't see what you claim to have posted? Okay, model of sanity.

I don't believe that you didn't see it. It was an inconvenient truth, therefore I believe you're a gaslighter.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

rofl

I don't believe that you didn't see it. It was an inconvenient truth, therefore I believe you're a gaslighter.

Whatever, Oak. I didn't see it, but believe what you want.