So in the past 24 hours

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My mother in laws friend from childhood(who has been like part of the family), died from aggresive liver cancer. He was "fine" last week....and just entered hospice a few days ago. It happened FAST and my mother in law is DEVASTATED. It's the most vulnerable I've ever seen that woman.....who is normally a busy body pain the ass forever trying to micromanage her adult sons. We are begging her to just REST and be where she is.

My mother in laws husband's mother isnt expected to make it through the day (very old....lots of health issues and her husband died last month, so YaYa is giving up)

And....my highschool boyfriend, who I spent 5 years with and almost married....his mother suddenly passed yesterday morning. Leaving behind an unhealthy husband who was pretty much completely dependent on her, and also his brother has a brain tumor he has always had so he also depended a lot of her. And Andy(former boyfriend) never married.....so these guys are on their own with managing all of this and themselves going forward.

Part of me wanted to tell the brother if they need anything or any help to call me....and this is terrible....but I'm afraid they WOULD. So I didnt offer. I mean i didnt marry in for a reason, even though i care so much for this family. I was pretty much part of it in my "youth".

I guess the husband was in the hospital, and the day before yesterday after his release.....she just had a suddenly seizure and heart attack and just didnt come out of it. She was on life support until yesterday morning. She was only 60.

She really just took care of people until she died. The last time I saw and spoke to her, was at her youngest son's funeral when he overdosed on heroin.

Anyway that just a lot of death in my orbit for a 24 hour period and now im thinking about how I could just drop dead at any day from any fucking thing. I'm not all anxious about it.....it is what it is, we all die.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My mother in laws friend from childhood(who has been like part of the family), died from aggresive liver cancer. He was "fine" last week....and just entered hospice a few days ago. It happened FAST and my mother in law is DEVASTATED. It's the most vulnerable I've ever seen that woman.....who is normally a busy body pain the ass forever trying to micromanage her adult sons. We are begging her to just REST and be where she is.

My mother in laws husband's mother isnt expected to make it through the day (very old....lots of health issues and her husband died last month, so YaYa is giving up)

And....my highschool boyfriend, who I spent 5 years with and almost married....his mother suddenly passed yesterday morning. Leaving behind an unhealthy husband who was pretty much completely dependent on her, and also his brother has a brain tumor he has always had so he also depended a lot of her. And Andy(former boyfriend) never married.....so these guys are on their own with managing all of this and themselves going forward.

Part of me wanted to tell the brother if they need anything or any help to call me....and this is terrible....but I'm afraid they WOULD. So I didnt offer. I mean i didnt marry in for a reason, even though i care so much for this family. I was pretty much part of it in my "youth".

I guess the husband was in the hospital, and the day before yesterday after his release.....she just had a suddenly seizure and heart attack and just didnt come out of it. She was on life support until yesterday morning. She was only 60.

She really just took care of people until she died. The last time I saw and spoke to her, was at her youngest son's funeral when he overdosed on heroin.

Anyway that just a lot of death in my orbit for a 24 hour period and now im thinking about how I could just drop dead at any day from any fucking thing. I'm not all anxious about it.....it is what it is, we all die.
Gez! Thats crazy!

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Gez! Thats crazy!

Isnt it?

I'm not a dick for not offering to help my ex boyfriends family, right? I know I'm not but I feel like a dick.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Murdock took just over 6 months to come up with that post.

She was probably researching the proper spelling of "Loptard".