The devils water company

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So as I've said a few times, I have this 1985 mobile home I moved into and am renovating.

Right now it sits on a campground lot and I pay a lot rent to be on this lovely property. And I really dont have many complaints. Except for this gotdamn water company.

Now I always thought the water was kinda high. Especially since we cannot drink it. I wont even give it to my animals to drink. I have a separate water delivery service that brings me 8 5 gallon jugs of water every two weeks. I only use this water here for dishes, laundry and bathing.

Now that is for mostly 6 people. So I expect it to be a bit higher. But.....its anywhere from 80 to 200 a month, even when our usage doesnt change. I've had everything checked for leaks. Somehow our gallons used is always different. It's like they just charge whatever.

So last month they shut me off with no warning. Claimed we owed like 348 dollars. Then they charged a shut off fee of 50 dollars. AND a reconnection fee of 65 dollars. Then they took thier gotdamn time turning it back on. We waiting nearly two days.

And we were NOT late. It was some bullshit about roll over late fees. Evidently from before I even moved in. My mother never kept a record so we just ate it.

So now today, less then a month and not even a completely billing cycle later.... this guy from this water cartel comes to door. Says he is here to "collect" the bill, and if I do not pay it he will shut off my water.

What the actual fuck?

So i clearly started asking for ID, told him he needs to leave until i clear it with the water company. He agrees and goes off to apparently shut off other peoples water and swing back to me last. The water company basically says I pay him 88 some dollars or they shut me off and I'll end up paying all the fees.

So I've wrote a check. I'm waiting for this fucktard to show back up. I'm fucking furious. I cannot change companies.

And I'm going through thier reviews. Guys. I'm gonna go ahead and ask you(because I cant link this due to being technically retarded) to go ahead and look this up and read these reviews. Review after review of pissed off people. I have no idea how this is even legal or what can be done.

Screenshot-20211013-125934-Google.jpg

It's a fucking water mafia. And it gets inflicted on people from other states even and if you get these fucks.....you cant switch.

Last edited:

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
The Devil has a company now?

Must be part of the small business demonocracy.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The Devil has a company now?

Must be part of the small business demonocracy.

It's a third party scam service sent to torment people.

Go look at this! It's not just me this is a problem lol. One person had a bill of 1125 bucks for one month.....didnt even use the water.

I cant even go anywhere because I have to give this guy 88 bucks or we won't have water until whenever they decide to turn it back on. And yes I have to pay HIM.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Wow, Dovey!... I just looked them up on the BBB and there is complaint after complaint of the same thing you are going through :(

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Since when do water companies send people out to "collect" or get shut off?

I'm seriously not even through a whole billing cycle. And the dumb bitch at the company(Tina....the one people are naming) legit told me that a notice was issued and it doesnt matter if I received it.

I feel bullied

AND get this. If I tell them to kick rocks and I just do rainwater or get more water delivered? They will call DHS and have the state harrass me.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Don't touch my bike. Wooooooo.
Site Supporter ☠️
They're basically into the extortion business.

This kind of stuff won't stop until the citizen starts shooting these people in the face.

And there's a LOT of people needing to get shot in the face these days.

What needs to happen is that someone should track down the executives behind this company and kill them. Then, things will start changing.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
They tried to do that to me over my electricity 3rd party telling me they could cap my price but would have to pay what agreed upon price but I googled before they left the apartment building .. its a contract scam as long as you never signed anything you should be able to go back to paying the water company direct

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Same thing on the Ripoff Report webpage.. A couple of people have reported there.. same thing..

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Site Supporter ☠️
Over here in Brazoo they have the "air in the pipes" scam. During the night, they pump air instead of water and if your home water reservoir is not full, the air will make the meter turn and you'll be paying for that.

They say the air is too detect leaks and test the pipes for pressure resistance. But when 3rd parties started selling a little device that blocked air from entering your meter, they went crazy and said that was illegal.

The other day, some guy went to shut off the electricity in a slum. They told him "do it and you won't leave this place alive".

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

This kind of stuff won't stop until the citizen starts shooting these people in the face.

What needs to happen is that someone should track down the executives behind this company and kill them. Then, things will start changing.

There is a group of people that rent property here on the same camp ground who are trying to fight them. I'm joining forces lol.

The issue is no one knows who has the "water rights" and I dont even know what that means.

I'm fucking pissed though. It's like they WANT to shut you off so they can charge over 100 in fees.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
They tried to do that to me over my electricity 3rd party telling me they could cap my price but would have to pay what agreed upon price but I googled before they left the apartment building .. its a contract scam as long as you never signed anything you should be able to go back to paying the water company direct

Yeah my mother bought this place and she was over her head right away. She cannot manage herself. That's why I'm here.

She signed the house over to me, but as far as utilities this was the only one I couldnt transfer into my name. They just would not do it. They said only the owner of this property could consent to that. It makes no sense whatsoever because only the lot is being rented.

And now this shit!

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I have the stupid check. I can definately pay them but that's not the point.....they are just harrassing and robbing people with expensive WELL WATER.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Over here in Brazoo they have the "air in the pipes" scam. During the night, they pump air instead of water and if your home water reservoir is not full, the air will make the meter turn and you'll be paying for that.

They say the air is too detect leaks and test the pipes for pressure resistance. But when 3rd parties started selling a little device that blocked air from entering your meter, they went crazy and said that was illegal.

The other day, some guy went to shut off the electricity in a slum. They told him "do it and you won't leave this place alive".

Every few months they shut the water off to "work on lines". Its happened 4 times since I moved here last Oct.

Could they be doing that? Because that would make sense with how my meter jumps around when I make a point to use the same amount of water every month because it really made me question myself.

Its complete fucking bullshit!

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
just hire a shady plumber 2 run a bypass around the meter, then come back before the reader shows up and fix it

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I've been waiting hours for this prick and I need to buy cat food and food for Buns. And coffee. If I leave and this dick shows up he will turn my shitty water off.

Gotdammit.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I had numerous issues like this with an HOA that I did collections for in Seattle. The lots started as campsites so they weren’t properly plumbed an

You’re assuming this is a municipality and not some podunk operation running off a well or spring. The guys who run it are probably locals and officials.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Site Supporter ☠️
I had numerous issues like this with an HOA that I did collections for in Seattle. The lots started as campsites so they weren’t properly plumbed an

You’re assuming this is a municipality and not some podunk operation running off a well or spring. The guys who run it are probably locals and officials.

Like I said, no matter who's behind this, as long as people don't start tracking them down and turning them into human sieves, this kind of crap won't stop.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Like I said, no matter who's behind this, as long as people don't start tracking them down and turning them into human sieves, this kind of crap won't stop.

It’s not going to stop. No one is going to kill anyone over a couple hundred bucks in water fees.

They probably don’t have an electronic billing system that tracks the payments and when the accountant went in to apply the payment(s), realized an errror and didn’t want to charge them the fees again… so they sent the dude to collect.

Some of my best and worst clients in Seattle were these little islands that started off as camp sites in the 1950s that eventually became incorporated. Their HOAs were ran like Nazi Germany and none of the residents were intelligent enough to pay attorney fees to fight them.

It’s best to check out these types of issues before you invest… especially in a rural area where water is going to be a serious issue.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So the dude never came back.

I went to go get my mail and ask the office WTF was happening and complain.

Turns out the guy went to office with a list of 14 people they were gonna shut water off on. And they weren't gonna be coming to turn it back on, and the maintenance guy here is not available for another week(dont know why ....its none of my business anyway so I didnt ask). So the office woman called the manager.

And the manager told the guy he will NOT shut off anyones water, and to leave. And he DID. He never came back to my house. The office woman assured me he wont be back until they have the maintenance guy back so it can be turned back on.

So I have the check just in case but I'm going to pay it on the 15th when it's actually due and get together with the group that's forming to fight this shitty fucking company.

Its BULLSHIT. I do not want to give these people anymore money.

BTW so far.....absolutely no one knows exactly who is in charge of this. They also "service" HOAs, campsites (like mine), apartment buildings and mobile home parks.....even places not even in Michigan. It's a third party thing.

WE have well water out here, as it's a rural area and this entire town has well water. This "company" is some sort of middle man between the actual utility company and properties. So that's why people in other states end up with this same company. It's the owners of the grounds who have a contract with them.

Its bizzare.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Utility companies are natural monopolies so they know people have no competitive choice. It is better for the state to regulate them.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Looks like @Biggie Smiles is avoiding this thread... how much do you need?

How would that solve this problem? The problem isnt not being able to pay it, obviously, considering even the reviews are full of people saying the same thing. I could pay these people for several months worth of water, they would still attach fees and find ways to charge bullshit.

The issue is this water cartel scams people.

Last edited:

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
LOL @ the water mafia. Well put!

We have DWP, so it’s all combined into one bill. When we had Dominguez water company, they did the same shit. Sky high water bills and it was just me and the kids.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
LOL @ the water mafia. Well put!

We have DWP, so it’s all combined into one bill. When we had Dominguez water company, they did the same shit. Sky high water bills and it was just me and the kids.

I'm convinced they intentionally try to get people shut off so they can charge those fees.

50 dollars to shut it off......65 to turn it back on. Smh.

I only pay by phone with a live person and I write down who it was, the date, confirmation number....everything.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Just be glad you goys over the pond don't have such a thing as a fucking TV license.

I've never paid it in my life and never will, but in the UK they try to force any homeowner, tennant etc who owns a TV, computer or smartphone to pay an annual tax which funds the BBC (British CNN)....

It will get abolished soon because more and more people are refusing to pay it, but the absolute chutzpah of it is off the charts.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Just be glad you goys over the pond don't have such a thing as a fucking TV license.

I've never paid it in my life and never will, but in the UK they try to force any homeowner, tennant etc who owns a TV, computer or smartphone to pay an annual tax which funds the BBC (British CNN)....

It will get abolished soon because more and more people are refusing to pay it, but the absolute chutzpah of it is off the charts.

America exists today because of your countries insane taxes lol