The Health Thread

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
*Just a thread for health info and concerns, good or bad.

Uv0MsQ9.png

QhHSapv.png

lKb8aCD.png

oTQZ5QP.png

AHLH0hF.png

5XQkBjf.png

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
My health regiment has been focused on gut health.

I have been doing a master tonic boost each morning. Pre and probiotics daily. Collagen daily. I drink bone broth for breakfast. I fast intermittently using the 16/8 method which means I only eat within an 8 hour window each day and then take a good (aka expensive) probiotic 30 minutes after dinner each night.

I am planning on doing a detox in February that will include heavy metal removal and also a parasite cleanse that helps improve candida.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
My health regiment has been focused on gut health.

I have been doing a master tonic boost each morning. Pre and probiotics daily. Collagen daily. I drink bone broth for breakfast. I fast intermittently using the 16/8 method which means I only eat within an 8 hour window each day and then take a good (aka expensive) probiotic 30 minutes after dinner each night.

I am planning on doing a detox in February that will include heavy metal removal and also a parasite cleanse that helps improve candida.
I admire your dedication. I had two cookies and chocolate milk for breakfast today.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I cutout gluten, sugar and dairy before I started this regimen.

I feel great, but RIP chocolate chip cookies dunked in milk <3
It's not easy to do what you're doing. I respect that.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
It's not easy to do what you're doing. I respect that.

Thanks.

Your stomach powers your mind and body. Exercise helps, but I prefer to not hit the gym hard because I love food and it makes you hungry. This is working well for me and I’ve been dropping consistently without deflating my body and keeping my skin firm (thanks to collagen).

It has also helped with inflammation and joint pain. I’m a former collegiate athlete. I played hard as a child and everything hurt before I did this.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
My head hits the pillow and I’m gone, never have a problem sleeping, normally 9 hours about.
It's amazing just how truly important getting enough sleep is. I should be taking my sleep schedule more seriously to be honest, I'm a super night owl.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, maybe you just have a great metabolism or you work out a lot.

I'm 55, go to bed at night and some mornings something new is aching, and I'm thinking...all I did was sleep, ffs.
Well, I'm around 5'7" and weight roughly 215lbs. so I have a little bit of a gut. To be honest I've got plenty of oatmeal and pancake mix in my pantry, but I'm just too damn lazy to make it.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, I'm around 5'7" and weight roughly 215lbs. so I have a little bit of a gut. To be honest I've got plenty of oatmeal and pancake mix in my pantry, but I'm just too damn lazy to make it.

Have protein, it's better for you. I eat yoghurt and fruit, oatmeal and blueberries with some nuts or seeds, or some eggs that I sometimes poach, fry or scramble. As we age we need more protein.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Have protein, it's better for you. I eat yoghurt and fruit, oatmeal and blueberries with some nuts or seeds, or some eggs that I sometimes poach, fry or scramble. As we age we need more protein.
I do like yogurt and eggs a lot. That's something to consider. Thanks.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I feel like I don't sleep well but maybe my mind gets the rest it needs. It's just that I feel like I need to be down for at least 8 hours for my body to get the rest it needs.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I feel like I don't sleep well but maybe my mind gets the rest it needs. It's just that I feel like I need to be down for at least 8 hours for my body to get the rest it needs.
Nice to meet you Scooter. I'm not a doctor but I guess it just varies from person to person when it comes to how many hours that they need to wake up and feel rested. I imagine age plays a large role.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Nice to meet you Scooter. I'm not a doctor but I guess it just varies from person to person when it comes to how many hours that they need to wake up and feel rested. I imagine age plays a large role.
I have to get up early for work, so I go to bed early. I'm somewhat older and I'm used to it, so that sort of suits my lifestyle.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Have you tried a grounding mat? I sleep on one, so I’m grounding 8 hours a night. It’s a pain in the ass because you need skin contact. So I sleep in a huge t-shirt and by 3 am my ass is sticking to it and I’m readjusting to get through till morning, but totally worth it.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
*Personally if I'm looking for an energy boost I eat honey and drink coffee, but to each their own.

BZ2q7io.png

q6WG10x.png

mXHN2WG.png

uNanoL8.png

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
*Personally if I'm looking for an energy boost I eat honey and drink coffee, but to each their own.
I grab the small can of sugar free Red Bull for my morning break at work and smoke two cigarettes. That usually brightens me up and chases away any depression.

I have a cup of coffee every morning before work. I need to wake up early and sit and chill for a bit before I get ready for work. When I go to work with my buddy, he always stops at Royal Farms for coffee and cigarettes so I also get a coffee. I go to the ice machine and dump some ice in the bottom of the cup so it's not too hot to drink.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I grab the small can of sugar free Red Bull for my morning break at work and smoke two cigarettes. That usually brightens me up and chases away any depression.

I have a cup of coffee every morning before work. I need to wake up early and sit and chill for a bit before I get ready for work. When I go to work with my buddy, he always stops at Royal Farms for coffee and cigarettes so I also get a coffee. I go to the ice machine and dump some ice in the bottom of the cup so it's not too hot to drink.
I don't smoke anymore but I still remember how awesome my first cup of coffee and cigarette of the day was.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am an owl also... I find it really hard to get off to sleep but when I do get to sleep, a bomb could go off and I'd sleep through it.

I blame the internet for a lot of it.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I drink one coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day and sometimes diet cordial which is called something else in the USA... I forget what it is.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I drink one coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day and sometimes diet cordial which is called something else in the USA... I forget what it is.
Myself, I need to cut down on my caffeine intake.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I can’t drink coffee in the evenings. I do like an espresso @ 10:30 am with a coconut cookie