Horror Movie Thread

Gyroscope

OmniPoster
Site Supporter
Pumpkinhead scared the fucking shit out of me when I saw it as a child. My grandparents had a small boiler room under the basement stairs, my father told me Pumpkinhead lived down there. I used to sprint up those stairs so he wouldn’t get me, ha.

I know there were a few sequels, pretty sure they sucked dick though. I remember a scene where Pumpkinhead puts a guy up on a meat hook in a freezer/slaughterhouse or something, and another where a group of bullies stab a retarded kid and drop him down a well lmao.

Gyroscope

OmniPoster
Site Supporter
Just finished watching Bruiser. I give it like 5/10. Not awful but not something I’d need to rewatch any time soon. Mediocre, I guess. Kinda was expecting more out of a George Romero movie. I would say it was more of a thriller than a horror movie. The second incarnation of The Misfits made an appearance at the end which was cool though. Aside from that the highlight was probably the protagonist throwing his cheating cuntwife out the window of an office building with an extension cord tied around her neck.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Put on Savage Island last night(staring Linda Blair) and what a POS and could only take 10 min- - -give it - 5%

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Just finished watching Bruiser. I give it like 5/10. Not awful but not something I’d need to rewatch any time soon. Mediocre, I guess. Kinda was expecting more out of a George Romero movie. I would say it was more of a thriller than a horror movie. The second incarnation of The Misfits made an appearance at the end which was cool though. Aside from that the highlight was probably the protagonist throwing his cheating cuntwife out the window of an office building with an extension cord tied around her neck.

I liked the second Pumpkinhead "Blood Wings" tells the story of Pumpkinhead even has Punky(Soleil Moon Frye) in it..mmm...:HotFlash:

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
thats weird ^ it was called ted the caver when i saw it the other night - not 'living dark'

Gyroscope

OmniPoster
Site Supporter
Ted the Caver is a good story, I heard it was inspired by a book though. In the book Ted(or whatever his name is) goes back to the cave and fights a dragon demon or some shit

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Bubba Ho-Tep

BubbaHo-Tep.jpg

ARTIST
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Scott

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Just a reminder for those who missed this outstanding sleeper. It was out for more than a year before a handful of us watched it, none of us heard of it and we all liked it, even went looking for a sequel as soon as it was over but that was it.

If you like sci-fi horror, these two may have also slipped under the radar without notice.

Scott

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If you liked 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, this one is like the last part of a trilogy.

Gyroscope

OmniPoster
Site Supporter
I watched The House by the Cemetery for the first time in a long time. I completely forgot Dr. Freudstein makes noises that sound like children crying. Ugh.

Gyroscope

OmniPoster
Site Supporter
I watched The Beyond and City of the Living Dead the other day too. I think upon review The Beyond is now my favorite Fulci film. The ending was great. City had better gore but the ending was trash. From what I read somebody spilled coffee on the reel so Fulci had to cobble together an ending with whatever footage was left.

Side note, weed and Italian horror movies are a good combination.

Scott

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Maybe he is one of those AI chat bots... asking rhetorical questions like he's trying to "learn" lol.