Horror Movie Thread

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
These Are The Scariest Movies Of All Time
List all your favorites. why? anything else you care to contribute to this subject.

TheBurningfinal.jpg

512Jcus524L.jpg

1974-texas-chainsaw-massacre.jpg

Wazzzup

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The Exorcist
Halloween
the Ring
Night of the Living Dead
Aliens
Nightmare on elm Street
The Conjuring
Child's Play

OP
OP

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
I always enjoy watching some of these trailers especially from the 80's. Each movie is good in their own ways.

OP
OP

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
Thoughts on this one? Will Michael finally be killed once and for all? Producer Jason Blum says the trailer should be out by early Jun.e.

Wazzzup

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Thoughts on this one? Will Michael finally be killed once and for all? Producer Jason Blum says the trailer should be out by early Jun.e.

the only way to kill Michael, Freddy, Jason or anybody else, is by not seeing their movies.

OP
OP

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned

seen this the other day. hadn't seen it since idk in my teens. still not quite to make of it all but interesting nonetheless.

OP
OP

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
What I like so much about it is the attention to details from the original(just watch closely on what I mean). the nods to the sequels, and the fact that Jamie L Curtis is now essentially Loomis here(which is so great and such a way to honor the late Donald Pleasence and all he did for the series.)

Gyroscope

OmniPoster
Site Supporter
I'm one of the only people I know who actually liked Halloween 3. I vaugely remember seeing H20, and I've seen the Zombie remakes, but other than that, just the original two.

Heckler

Factory Bastard
I'm one of the only people I know who actually liked Halloween 3..

I don't hate it. On its own, it is a pretty interesting 80s horror thriller. And I can appreciate what they were doing, trying to turn the Halloween series into a collection of various horror stories. But considering that people were always going to compare it to the previous Halloween movies, Halloween 3 was pretty much dead on arrival.

ahtaC yddaM

I've easily seen... well, a lot of fucking horror movies.

To date I would say 1% are great must watch films, 10% are good and the remaining 39% are OK and the final 50% are utter garbage.

I keep all the really good horror movies and outside of the classics (last 10-20 years) there have only been a handful of movies that stuck out to me.

Sinister
Evil Dead

Some of the other notables in my collection at John Carpenter's The Thing, The Exorcist, Child's Play (I was very surprised how well this held up, and how humorous it was), The Shining, Alien/s. Then it goes into just good films like a first viewing of Saw, The Blair Witch Project, Cabin in the Woods, The Conjuring, The Ring and Insidious.

I've dabbled with posting reviews somewhere but I really can't be fucked to care enough.

One caveat to note is that horror films based off rape/torture shock scenes and nothing more (like The Hills Have Eyes, for example) rank extremely poorly for me. You raped 'em. Good job. Where's the fucking content? Asshole.

ahtaC yddaM

Nina Forever
Cool movie. Top 10%. Interesting premise. Little twists. A movie that doesn't go to far down the comedy flick but sticks to the true horror nature of it - almost aware of itself. The makeup and affects are superb. Particularly one scene where with a broken leg just sitting there jutting out all askew from the actor.
Solid flick. Definitely recommend.

Green Room
I actually threw this in my rare saved folder for later viewing. Absolutely great movie. Not really scary and had me wondering the entire time. You make it in over an hour before you see any gore and the entire punk/Nazi's/skinheads motif they have going on is pretty intense. Total new feeling to underground music scene I haven't had the pleasure of getting into. The entire time I watched the movie I had a feeling as if I was nawing on some steak that was cooked on charcoals with no grill on it - just literally threw onto hot coals. Getting little bits of charcoal in my mouth as I gnaw on the meat. Delicious. Thoroughly enjoyed the cinematography.

Both films had great cinematography with wonderful framing of shots. Similar to Sinister. Really cool stuff.

Also bonus points for Nina Forever with the unnamed soundtrack songs being Dresden Dolls.

Good stuff.

knife wielder

Factory Bastard
The Evil Dead trilogy
the original Halloween
Friday the 13th franchise
Nightmare on Elm Street franchise
original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the remake was quite good

Those are a few off the top of my head. I don't keep track of Horror movies like I did in my younger years.

ahtaC yddaM

Let me preface this by saying that the last 5-6 horror films I've watched in these few weeks have all fallen in the top 10% good category... extremely abnormal. Normally 9 out of 10 are extreme shite.

The Loved Ones
Nifty, quirky, Australian film. Similar to Wyrmwood if you've seen it. Starts off extremely chaotic for 10 min's and you have no idea what the fuck you're watching but it's kind of like a behind the scenes of a chess tournament watching the players set up the pieces. Then the movie gets going and it's a slasher, torture, homicidefest that's beautifully done. Truly enjoyed it but the first 10min made me think it would be a complete shitfest.

Also, bewbs.

Berlin Syndrome
Spoiler: Stockholm Syndrome.

Another good one. I was expecting a rapist movie for the sake of shock but what I got was a load of suspense. Has the girl from Light's Out which is a plus in my book. Lots of nice little callbacks to the story throughout the movie with regards to a previous "lover". I think the most difficult part with movies like this is being able to put myself in the position of the woman. It's so fucking difficult for me to understand.

This movie gets bonus points for the realistic ass shitting scenes where she gets up from the bed after being tied down all day with the brown shit running up and down her back. Totally loved the attention to detail.

Moar bewbs.

The Invitation
This one had a weird start and some sort of weird relationship with the woman/wife/thing but if you ignore that like the main character pretty much ignores her the entire movie it's great. Plays off a modern day 2010's family living in the Hollywood Hills white ritzy thing. One of the few movies to keep me entertained the entire time based off of the plot. Nothing crazy happens until an hour in and even then it's rather tame but still gets the suspense and blood pumping.

And lastly, bush and brief nip slip.

Stay tuned for Raw and Attack the Block...

ahtaC yddaM

Not yet. It's on my to-do list. I won't be watching anything 2018 until 2019 or so. I'm a year behind.

ahtaC yddaM

Although she played the part well... I can't help but imagining that my dear old friend Jack couldn't have snagged a better woman.

I also loved the book's version of "Danny needs his medicine" and wish it had played a part in the movie more. However, I prefer the movie much more than the book.