The most fun places to live in the US.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This is a list of the most fun places to live in the US from U.S. News and World Reports. I think their methodology is some what open to interpretation as everyone's likes and interests vary but I saw a pretty good list here. Oh, and San Diego is ranked #1. ;)

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

What do folks think of the list?

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think the list is fair, some surprises for me like Indianapolis and Cleveland. San Diego is a great city, lots of fun places, but I think it wouldn't be my #1, but definitely somewhere in the top 10 for sure.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This is a list of the most fun places to live in the US from U.S. News and World Reports. I think their methodology is some what open to interpretation as everyone's likes and interests vary but I saw a pretty good list here. Oh, and San Diego is ranked #1. ;)

I thought LA was a lot of fun actually.

San Diego had some high points.

But its culture seemed a bit too militaristic for my tastes.
I always felt the presence of the military or police.
Ya can't really let your hair down and relax.
Very scenic tho.

LA had a lot more to do. It felt more laid back than San Diego.
I know a lotta people hate LA but it seemed one of the more fun cities in the USA
Key West was a lot of fun.

I hear Las Vegas is a lot of fun, tho I've never been there.

Like to take a trip down to the States when the country is a bit healthier after the Pandemic subsides a bit.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Very scenic tho.

I know a lotta people hate LA but it seemed one of the more fun cities in the USA

Like to take a trip down to the States when the country is a bit healthier after the Pandemic subsides a bit.

San Diego has a very odd under-vibe to it. My mother lived there, and I used to visit often. Never quite got into the weird vibe of the place.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
As long as a person don't get arrested while visiting the US, they've had a good time I suppose. Lol.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Very scenic tho.

San Diego has a very odd under-vibe to it. My mother lived there, and I used to visit often. Never quite got into the weird vibe of the place.

Weird vibe? How so? It is very laid back compared to east coast cities or even SF or LA but why is that weird?

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Very scenic tho.

Weird vibe? How so? It is very laid back compared to east coast cities or even SF or LA but why is that weord?

I guess Joe got it. It's the creepy military vibe. It's just a weird place.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Very scenic tho.

Weird vibe? How so? It is very laid back compared to east coast cities or even SF or LA but why is that weord?

Well they're sitting on billions/trillions $ military hardware and secrets there so it's not surprising. Us military has to protect their investment

It's their major naval base in the Pacific?

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Very scenic tho.

It was historically a strong military town and conservative. Less so in the 1990's but growing up in the 80's the Navy did basic training there, the Marine Corp did basic training there, there were still WW2 vets alive who worked in Army basic training there, it is still the Navy's Pacific Fleet HQ, there is well over a half dozen military bases including some pretty major ones... The population of vets like me is the highest in the country so...

Yes, support for the military is strong here though less so than when I was growing up. We have had too many bay area and NE transplants watering down local culture. That is normal to me though as I grew up here and am a vet myself. It is generally a law and order type place which is why out of town BLM and Antifa rioters quickly got BTFOed, arrested, and given max charges under the law here. Rightly so too because those criminals quickly learned their rioting would not tolerated here so they fucked off and avoided rioting here after one or two times.

The people who live here, work here, and pay taxes here are very happy with that outcome.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Very scenic tho.

It was historically a strong military town and conservative. Less so in the 1990's but growing up in the 80's the Navy did basic training there, the Marine Corp did basic training there, there were still WW2 vets alive who worked in Army basic training there, it is still the Navy's Pacific Fleet HQ, there is well over a half dozen military bases including some pretty major ones... The population of vets like me is the highest in the country so...

Yes, support for the military is strong here though less so than when I was growing up. We have had too many bay area and NE transplants watering down local culture. That is normal to me though as I grew up here and am a vet myself. It is generally a law and order type place which is why out of town BLM and Antifa rioters quickly got BTFOed, arrested, and given max charges under the law here. Rightly so too because those criminals quickly learned their rioting would not tolerated here so they fucked off and avoided rioting here after one or two times.

The people who live here, work here, and pay taxes here are very happy with that outcome.

Yeah. Shitty vibe there.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
No mention of Kono Hawaii ? or Stockton,Ca

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Fun is a different thing to different people

For me fun is not needing to be constantly looking over my shoulder, afraid that some piece of shit thug will rob, assault or murder me.

Fun is sleeping well at night knowing your neighborhood is safe, knowing that your kids can play outside safely, knowing that criminals will think 10x before doing something there.

I think your definition of many things change with age and apparently, fun is one of them.

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

For me fun is not needing to be constantly looking over my shoulder, afraid that some piece of shit thug will rob, assault or murder me.

Fun is sleeping well at night knowing your neighborhood is safe, knowing that your kids can play outside safely, knowing that criminals will think 10x before doing something there.

I think your definition of many things change with age and apparently, fun is one of them.

I have never had to feel that way anywhere I've lived. I am blessed in that regard.

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter

Very scenic tho.

Well they're sitting on billions/trillions $ military hardware and secrets there so it's not surprising. Us military has to protect their investment

US bases

san diego
Pearl harbor
Bremerton
alameda

that order

overseas pacific

japan
Guam
Philippines

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

All of that stuff is fundamental to being able to have whatever you define as fun.

I didn't realize how much I looked over my shoulder until I moved to Portugal and did not have to do it at all. I couldn't even get used to not holding my handbag tightly everywhere I went. Now I just grip it when I'm trying to make sure I'm not letting anything fall out.

Our neighborhood in the US was relatively very safe, certainly not what you have had to deal with, but in the US I never experienced the sense of safety we have here, and I lived in five different states there, six if you count N CA and S CA as two different states -- LOL. All the American immigrants I know here say the same thing, and they are from all different parts of the US.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
4DoorMoreWhores! Learn what you are talking about then talk. Not before.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Very scenic tho.

US bases

san diego
Pearl harbor
Bremerton
alameda

that order

overseas pacific

japan
Guam
Philippines

Subic Bay in the Philippines has been gone since the early 1990's. Clark Air Field even before that, slightly, due to the eruption of Mount Pinotubo.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
[QUOTE="Oerdin,
[/QUOTE]

Stockton? rofl
[/QUOTE]

Come on. Stockton is a real shithole. That isn't even in contest. It is meth and robbery central.
[/QUOTE]

Was kind of a insider joke for us in California - - - - - -
Stockton many moons ago was a nice place but now won't drive threw there on a bet and Lodi is going down the same road !
I live in Folsom were Lady's can feel safe -

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
[QUOTE="Oerdin,

Stockton? rofl
[/QUOTE]

Come on. Stockton is a real shithole. That isn't even in contest. It is meth and robbery central.
[/QUOTE]

Was kind of a insider joke for us in California - - - - - -
Stockton many moons ago was a nice place but now won't drive threw there on a bet and Lodi is going down the same road !
I live in Folsom were Lady's can feel safe -
[/QUOTE]

It went right over his pointy head.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Very scenic tho.

US bases

san diego
Pearl harbor
Bremerton
alameda

that order

overseas pacific

japan
Guam
Philippines

Subic Bay in the Philippines has been gone since the early 1990's. Clark Air Field even before that, slightly, due to the eruption of Mount Pinotubo.

What is the title of this thread, BF Genius?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Here's the list BF Genius asked us to repond to:

Coming in second on the list is San Francisco, followed by Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Nashville, Charleston, South Carolina, and Los Angeles.

Sindy666

Factory Bastard
Portland came in at #3, it's all lies, it totally sucks here, stay away, you don't want to come here.