The Vaccine, what it be like?

Admin.

"Brother, can you spare a dime?" Trump
Site Supporter ☠️
A Dr. friend of an old friend of mine shares the Covid vaccine experience.

Hey y'all: Have a report from a childhood friend, and now Doctor, who has had her 1st vaccination for covid, and it sounds encouraging; am quoting her experience here: "Day 3: Pfizer vaccine update. Lots of folks are asking me to report back, post-vaccine. For the first 24 hours, my arm was sore at the injection site, similar to other immunizations - maybe a little more intense. I had a headache (that I thought could also be from caffeine withdrawal) that lasted about 30 hours and subsided completely overnight. That's it. I feel totally normal today. No symptoms were ever bad enough to reach for Tylenol or similar. Our ER physician group has been chatting about our experiences and about half reported feeling some fatigue or malaise yesterday that has now resolved. This vaccine caused no drama in our medical center. Sorry to those that are hoping for drama. Seems like a win for science so far."

Content bitches!

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
Very good to hear, I hope that goes for all the vaccines

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Hey y'all: Have a report from a childhood friend, and now Doctor, who has had her 1st vaccination for covid, and it sounds encouraging; am quoting her experience here: "Day 3: Pfizer vaccine update. Lots of folks are asking me to report back, post-vaccine. For the first 24 hours, my arm was sore at the injection site, similar to other immunizations - maybe a little more intense. I had a headache (that I thought could also be from caffeine withdrawal) that lasted about 30 hours and subsided completely overnight. That's it. I feel totally normal today. No symptoms were ever bad enough to reach for Tylenol or similar. Our ER physician group has been chatting about our experiences and about half reported feeling some fatigue or malaise yesterday that has now resolved. This vaccine caused no drama in our medical center. Sorry to those that are hoping for drama. Seems like a win for science so far."

Content bitches!

But the real test will be if the vaccine actually even works or not.

For example Russia rushed to release its Spputnik vaccine, healthcare workers got vaccinated, and now they're getting sick.

Mind you that vaccine was criticized as having flaws in its design and being released far too soon without proper testing.

Hopefully, Moderna, Astro Zeneca or Pfizer have got it right and do a better job than their Russian counterparts.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I’m going to let a few people have it first, if they don’t turn into zombies I’ll have it...

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

"Brother, can you spare a dime?" Trump
Site Supporter ☠️

Content bitches!

But the real test will be if the vaccine actually even works or not.

For example Russia rushed to release its Spputnik vaccine, healthcare workers got vaccinated, and now they're getting sick.

Mind you that vaccine was criticized as having flaws in its design and being released far too soon without proper testing.

Hopefully, Moderna, Astro Zeneca or Pfizer have got it right and do a better job than their Russian counterparts.
ok

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I mean.....its gonna make you feel like absolute shit.

And that's kinda how you know it worked. You get a good immune response.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Like a pneumonia or Shingles shot, eh?

The after effects don't go away with those vaccines overnight.

More like a week of severe fatigue, eh?

So if these vaccines are effective, might be a week are 2 of drowsiness.

A person needs time off just to recover from their side effects.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Better than getting hit hard with the viruses.

Week of fatigue or several months in ICU. Hmmmm.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Better than getting hit hard with the viruses.

Week of fatigue or several months in ICU. Hmmmm.

Yeah, I'm just saying' I don't think it's like the news reports on MSNBC claiming there's little or no after effects.

Sure hasn't been that way with others vaccines I've had recently.

My experience tis they knock you out for a while like those darts they shoot into animals to inactivate them.

And I don't even think the vaccines may provide total coverage from the virus.

Perhaps more like 50-70% at best?

I'm looking into getting other vaccines like those to protect against meningitis, because it and others have shown up in COVID patients.