What's the WEATHER Like Today?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I love Autumn...it’s my favourite season of the year. There’s a big of a cold snap at the moment. Almost Ugg boot weather, but I’m still happy sporting sandals...
:ThumbsUp1:

vN9FNIi.jpg

Wootie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
19°C/67°F for today's High.

12°C/53°F for a low.

I'm excited this time of year because in about 3 weeks to a month when the temperatures get to 12°C/54 °F for a high is when Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty cap) starts to grow. It is considered a Schedule 1 drug ("substances, plant materials and fungi which normally do not have medical use") where I live, but they are full of shit and I'll forage them when I can and consume them whenever the fuck I want.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
This morning seen a large flock (about 30) geese flying south which means it is getting cold up north

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Not used to this shit at all. Shrieking wind and snow blowing all over the place.

Now I know I would not last more than a season in a hurricane or tornado zone.

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter
Agatha done crossed the land mass and mountains, with her arse on fire.

Shitballs. People, get your game face on.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
79, clear skies, low humidity and no wind - a top 20 day here

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Brutal. We don't have AC.

BUT, we have cement/stone walls 1 1/2 feet thick, and you would never, ever know it's so fucking hot outside. There are a couple of fans going, and it's perfect in here.

Not going to sit in the yard, though.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Supposed to be 102 tomorrow, 104 on Tuesday. Will go to the market at night. Otherwise, not leaving these thick walls. Fuck this shit.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter

BUT,( we have cement/stone walls 1 1/2 feet thick) and you would never, ever know it's so fucking hot outside.

[/QUOT

Sounds like Folsom Prison - - - - -
Anyways it was 104* friday and 103 sat and today in the 70's and 40% rain Folsom,Ca -

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

BUT, we have cement/stone walls 1 1/2 feet thick, and you would never, ever know it's so fucking hot outside. There are a couple of fans going, and it's perfect in here.

...could the use of solar panels power an air conditioning system @LotusBud?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Probably. We're going to look into solar panels. But we don't really need ac at all. We just need heat in the winter, cause the stone walls are pretty chilly. We have a fireplace, and are going to get splits for next winter.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't miss summer in the US

Me, either. I'm happy being here.

Over here the average temperature is higher in the US, but summers in the US, at least where I lived, were pretty brutal some years. At least here you're always used to warm temperatures and for some reason, they rarely go above 90 degrees here in my city these days.

I remember whole weeks in the US with temps above 100.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Solar panels are almost impossible to set up for AC unless you can find some large capacity battery banks and completely cover your roof with panels. Anything affordable for a battery bank is generally used windmill, telecommunications, or old forklift batteries.... and most of those can't be depleted to less than 60-70% charge.

Capacitor bank technology has come a long way but you'll be up for 10's of thousands of dollars just for storage.

It can be done but it's generally not the done thing except on small scale.... ie a room or two of the house only.