What's the WEATHER Like Today?

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Site Supporter
I have been in charge of this rich assholes smarthouse electrical shit so I had to turn off the A/C for the painters and the carpet layers because they cant close a fucking door.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I woke up in the middle of the night, took a piss, had a glass of water and went back to bed. As I was drifting off and almost asleep … BOOM. Thunder and it started raining like hell. I couldn't sleep, so I got up, grabbed a beer and parked myself on the couch. I thought it rained itself out an hour or so ago but there's still a steady rain.

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
I woke up in the middle of the night, took a piss, had a glass of water and went back to bed. As I was drifting off and almost asleep … BOOM. Thunder and it started raining like hell. I couldn't sleep, so I got up, grabbed a beer and parked myself on the couch. I thought it rained itself out an hour or so ago but there's still a steady rain.
I've been enjoying this rain lately, last night there was a lot of lightning and the thunder was just a low grumble.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I like it and we need the rain. And yeah, there was lightning in the sky and mild thunder. It was just that one BOOM before the rain started pouring down. And it's raining again tonight. It's peaceful.

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Site Supporter
93 at the moment, kinda humid but I hear where I actually reside has the worst air quality in the US at the moment because of fires.

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Site Supporter
I get to go home to this:

Worst air in country is in Southern Oregon
BY Ryan Pfeil of the Mail Tribune...
It’s official: The worst air in the country at the moment is in Jackson and Klamath counties, according to the air quality monitoring website
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
On Monday morning, an air quality monitoring station in Shady Cove had dropped to “hazardous.” Stations in Ashland, Medford and Klamath Falls were all listed at “very unhealthy,” according to the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality Air Quality Index. Stations in the Applegate and Grants Pass were one level up at “unhealthy,” while Cave Junction was scraping by at “moderate.”
The levels are determined by the amount of fine particulate matter, or PM 2.5, in the air. The microscopic particles can cause a host of health problems and can exacerbate respiratory conditions such as asthma.
On the Airnow website, only one other area in the nation had unhealthy air, and that was in south central Idaho.
The smoke-choked conditions have forced the cancellation of the Central Point School District’s free summer lunch events today and Tuesday at Pfaff and Don Jones parks, according to a news release. The Crater High School and Central Point Elementary free meal sites “will remain open and run business as usual,” the release says.
Jackson County health officials recommend area residents limit outdoor activity and to wear specialized “particulate respirator” masks if they must go outside. The masks should have the word “NIOSH” printed on them, along with either “N95” or “P100.”
The masks must fit snugly to an individual’s face to actually work.
“It is impossible to get a good seal on individuals with facial hair,” a bulletin on the
website reads. “It is important to make sure the respirator fits properly and that air does not leak around the sides.”
Health officials note that while the masks can limit exposure to PM 2.5 particles, they can also make breathing more difficult and lead to increased breathing and heart rates. Anyone wearing respirators who have heart or respiratory diseases should consult with their doctor.
Fire updates
Most of the smoke is coming from the Garner fire complex that has been raging mostly in Josephine County, according to National Weather Service meteorologist Jay Stockton.
“That might be the single largest contributor at this time,” Stockton said.
On Monday, the complex — which includes the Taylor, Ditch, Graves, and Pleasant Creek fires — had burned through 11,564 acres, according to the state Fire Marshal’s Office. It is 14 percent contained. Current resources on the fire include 2,162 personnel, 26 aircraft, 100 engines, 25 dozers, and 38 water tenders, according to a news release.
Level 2 and 3 evacuation orders — “be set” and “go” — are in effect for Pleasant Creek Road, according to the
website. An area north of Grave Creek Road’s intersection with Ditch Creek Road is also under a Level 3 “go” evacuation, as is West Picket Road. Picket Road and all cross roads are at a Level 2.
Another smoky fire is the Natchez fire, burning southwest of Cave Junction just over the border in Northern California. That fire has burned more than 1,900 acres and is 0 percent contained.
The last in a trilogy of key smoke producers is the Klondike fire, burning in the Kalmiopsis Wilderness. It has grown to 5,281 acres and is also 0 percent contained.
For a map of Oregon fires, click

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
I get to go home to this:

Worst air in country is in Southern Oregon
BY Ryan Pfeil of the Mail Tribune...
It’s official: The worst air in the country at the moment is in Jackson and Klamath counties, according to the air quality monitoring website
On Monday morning, an air quality monitoring station in Shady Cove had dropped to “hazardous.” Stations in Ashland, Medford and Klamath Falls were all listed at “very unhealthy,” according to the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality Air Quality Index. Stations in the Applegate and Grants Pass were one level up at “unhealthy,” while Cave Junction was scraping by at “moderate.”
The levels are determined by the amount of fine particulate matter, or PM 2.5, in the air. The microscopic particles can cause a host of health problems and can exacerbate respiratory conditions such as asthma.
On the Airnow website, only one other area in the nation had unhealthy air, and that was in south central Idaho.
The smoke-choked conditions have forced the cancellation of the Central Point School District’s free summer lunch events today and Tuesday at Pfaff and Don Jones parks, according to a news release. The Crater High School and Central Point Elementary free meal sites “will remain open and run business as usual,” the release says.
Jackson County health officials recommend area residents limit outdoor activity and to wear specialized “particulate respirator” masks if they must go outside. The masks should have the word “NIOSH” printed on them, along with either “N95” or “P100.”
The masks must fit snugly to an individual’s face to actually work.
“It is impossible to get a good seal on individuals with facial hair,” a bulletin on the
website reads. “It is important to make sure the respirator fits properly and that air does not leak around the sides.”
Health officials note that while the masks can limit exposure to PM 2.5 particles, they can also make breathing more difficult and lead to increased breathing and heart rates. Anyone wearing respirators who have heart or respiratory diseases should consult with their doctor.
Fire updates
Most of the smoke is coming from the Garner fire complex that has been raging mostly in Josephine County, according to National Weather Service meteorologist Jay Stockton.
“That might be the single largest contributor at this time,” Stockton said.
On Monday, the complex — which includes the Taylor, Ditch, Graves, and Pleasant Creek fires — had burned through 11,564 acres, according to the state Fire Marshal’s Office. It is 14 percent contained. Current resources on the fire include 2,162 personnel, 26 aircraft, 100 engines, 25 dozers, and 38 water tenders, according to a news release.
Level 2 and 3 evacuation orders — “be set” and “go” — are in effect for Pleasant Creek Road, according to the
website. An area north of Grave Creek Road’s intersection with Ditch Creek Road is also under a Level 3 “go” evacuation, as is West Picket Road. Picket Road and all cross roads are at a Level 2.
Another smoky fire is the Natchez fire, burning southwest of Cave Junction just over the border in Northern California. That fire has burned more than 1,900 acres and is 0 percent contained.
The last in a trilogy of key smoke producers is the Klondike fire, burning in the Kalmiopsis Wilderness. It has grown to 5,281 acres and is also 0 percent contained.
For a map of Oregon fires, click
Well that certainly sucks. Sorry to hear that's what you're going home to.

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Site Supporter
Meh. Its been that way before. the whole raining ash thing and everyone wearing masks sucks though.

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
ox078av.jpg

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
I found out today that I'm needed in Vegas for a emergency situation.

It will be 108 Monday.

Soooo not cool with this.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I found out today that I'm needed in Vegas for a emergency situation.

It will be 108 Monday.

Soooo not cool with this.
"I'm needed in Vegas for an emergency", that sounds like either a really bad lie or the beginning of a Dwayne Johnson movie.

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
Sitting on my patio, drinking a beer and absolutely loving this storm.

Heavy rain and lots of thunder and lightning.

Getting damp, but I didn't my care.

Satellite is out.

May loose power.

Love this shit!

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
I was in CA last week. The weather was nice but I was doing some hard work with no AC, so I was dying. That and I wanted to rip faces off constantly. Between a dumb as fuck employee and a chauvinistic "boss" I was in kill mode a lot.

Sy.

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Cloudy with bursts of sunshine every now an again with a gentle breeze and a mellow 16'c

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Very nice here,hi 80's and sure glad I don't live in South Carolina- - - - - - - - -