They say you will always remember where you were when something happened that made an impact on you

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
Today is September 11. Exactly 19 years after the WTC was attacked by terrorists.

Do you remember where you were when you heard about it?

OP
OP
Q

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
Let me start.

I was in the car, listening to the radio. Then the regular (hourly) news broadcast came and it was told that in america an airplane flew into a building. A few weeks before that a small plane crashed into a building, with only the pilot being killed. My first though was, based on what I heard, that this was again some idiot that should never had stepped into an aircraft.
Then, during the ride home, more broadcasts came telling that it was a passagers plane. Then it was told it were two...
At home I told this to the person I lived with (I was sharing a house with a female friend at that time) and together we watched the news broadcasts for the rest of the evening on tv. She cried, I was disgusted/appalled...

Yes, I still remember this. I don't think I will ever forget.

Later that week I heard that 2 of my colleagues were in one of the planes. They did not survive it. That was a moment that also made a great impact on me.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I didn’t live where I am now, different house, I was painting the kitchen when the phone rang and I was told to put the telly on, it was horrible and then I saw the second plane hit, even though it didn’t happen here, people was quite for weeks, everyone was in shock...

Matt Smith

Yes. It really is me. The original Matt Smith
I was driving to my grandfathers funeral. He died on the Sunday Night before. My whole family was supposed to fly in that day. My brother's flight was cancelled from San Diego. My dad was supposed to fly through boston that day but got diverted to St. Louis. I walked into my grandfathers house where he had lived with all my cousins and watched on TV as the 2nd tower dropped. I wasn't listening to the radio on the drive down. The song that was playing as I pulled into his driveway was Incubus's "I Wish You Were Here".

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Me and the wife were watching the morning news and getting ready for work and they start talking about what happen and then seen the 2nd jet coming and knew what was up and to see the plane hit live made me sick and the wife started crying and then the phone started ringing - - - - - - -and then to see all those arabs on TV cheering made my blood boil and hasn't cool off yet !

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
download-23.png