Warning, Food Orgasm Alert

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
No wonder you're all fat fucks over the pond! Steak and cheese subs dayum, I just shot my load...

OIP.mSmPqBj16ZrsOaziSqd-_wHaIf

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Bro -- if you think philly cheesesteaks are the bomb wait till I post the NYC iconic "chopped cheese" recipe

it's new york's answer to philly and it's unbelievably good

DDT

Factory Bastard
You wouldn't normally find these in Canada, but we have Beef Dips (I think the Yanks call them French Dips) instead, which are the same idea, except served on a sub style/hoagie roll bun.

Cheese and onions are optional, as is horseradish. You get "Au Jus" with it, which is a thin gravy broth for dipping.

The quality of the beef is the most important thing, which is why it's sometimes hard to find an excellent beef dip.

French-dip.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adam Hitler

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Not bad.... I'm not a massive fan of gravy, although the last time I visited KFC I got some with my chicken and I must admit that it's very nice.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is not gravy as there is no flour used in it. Au Jus is the render beef drippings along with bone broth, veggies, and herbs all boiled down and concentrated into a really beefy fairly concentrated dipping sauce. You dip your beef sandwich in it thus the name "French dip sandwich". It softens the crusty bread and adds a lot of beefy flavor.