What I learned about E.R. wait times and parking lots this week

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
So a couple of my family members are visiting friends in Palm Springs, where for a population of maybe 50K (during resort season more like 2 or 3 times that) there is only one major hospital, and not a well reviewed hospital by a long shot. And her sister takes her to the E.R. yesterday about two PM with a hot appendix.

All my info comes from the sister.... "The parking lot was almost deserted so I figured this would be a piece of cake. To my horror, the E.R. waiting room was a zoo and they ran me out as soon as they extracted both of our wallets to see if they would care to serve her. The good news is, while I waited in the parking lot roasting my ass off in a parked car, she was seen by ER personnel within five or ten minutes and worked up, CT scanned, blood labs drawn...

And then they moved her gurney back to the E.R. waiting room which was only about 3/4 full since no family members were allowed to be in there. She text me there were lots of patients coming and going, the whole time, and she didn't want to think about how many of them were covid patients.

"She spent the next five or six hours in a corner of that E.R. waiting room BECAUSE THE HOSPITAL HAD NO FUCKING BEDS AVAILABLE.

About eight, they finally gowned her up and took her to a private room and admitted her. I got a motel room and this morning I was able to go see her in person.

She's been in lapo surgery since about 12:30 this afternoon and I expect to be able to see her about three. If all goes well, she'll be able to get out of there tomorrow or Thursday."

Pretty shitty experience for them both, and I didn't have the heart to ask her if the hospital had a sign about how long the E.R. wait was, how many cars in the parking lot today, or anything else really.

But I can ask her in the morning if any of ya have any requests for scientific data about that stuff. I know, it's a long way from Floriduh but still.

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️
So a couple of my family members are visiting friends in Palm Springs, where for a population of maybe 50K (during resort season more like 2 or 3 times that) there is only one major hospital, and not a well reviewed hospital by a long shot. And her sister takes her to the E.R. yesterday about two PM with a hot appendix.

All my info comes from the sister.... "The parking lot was almost deserted so I figured this would be a piece of cake. To my horror, the E.R. waiting room was a zoo and they ran me out as soon as they extracted both of our wallets to see if they would care to serve her. The good news is, while I waited in the parking lot roasting my ass off in a parked car, she was seen by ER personnel within five or ten minutes and worked up, CT scanned, blood labs drawn...

And then they moved her gurney back to the E.R. waiting room which was only about 3/4 full since no family members were allowed to be in there. She text me there were lots of patients coming and going, the whole time, and she didn't want to think about how many of them were covid patients.

"She spent the next five or six hours in a corner of that E.R. waiting room BECAUSE THE HOSPITAL HAD NO FUCKING BEDS AVAILABLE.

About eight, they finally gowned her up and took her to a private room and admitted her. I got a motel room and this morning I was able to go see her in person.

She's been in lapo surgery since about 12:30 this afternoon and I expect to be able to see her about three. If all goes well, she'll be able to get out of there tomorrow or Thursday."

Pretty shitty experience for them both, and I didn't have the heart to ask her if the hospital had a sign about how long the E.R. wait was, how many cars in the parking lot today, or anything else really.

But I can ask her in the morning if any of ya have any requests for scientific data about that stuff. I know, it's a long way from Floriduh but still.
Do they validate luxury car parking?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
You would be an incredible asshole if you asked her something like that.

Just dont, k? I know you have more sense than that.

Also if the floor she needed didnt have beds....that doesnt mean it was end times level covid flooding. This happens sometimes and it sucks.

I hope shes feeling better soon.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
The thing I learned about hospital is those curtains they pull around beds before talking to patients about their condition aren't as sound proof as they think they are...

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
The thing I learned about hospital is those curtains they pull around beds before talking to patients about their condition aren't as sound proof as they think they are...
Those are just to keep cock gobblers like Pauncho from staring longingly at your cock.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Right? Nosy bitches will be eavesdropping on the conversations that have nothing to do with them.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Right? Nosy bitches will be eavesdropping on the conversations that have nothing to do with them.
While having abortions, no less.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

No COVID test in all of that? You or her are lying. You can’t even get into any inpatient services without a negative COVID test

OP
OP
Levon

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

No COVID test in all of that? You or her are lying. You can’t even get into any inpatient services without a negative COVID test

It's not a medical journal, it's one woman texting me about what another woman is texting her.

Keep yer shirt on ffs, I'll ask about that in the morning.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Ok so creature has a friend that went to the ER for what again? To see if nose transplants are a thing?

I got bored with his longwinded sissiness and tuned about 5 sentences into his snooze fest

summarize, k thx

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Ok so creature has a friend that went to the ER for what again? To see if nose transplants are a thing?

I got bored with his longwinded sissiness and tuned about 5 sentences into his snooze fest

summarize, k thx
Drinking, on a school night?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

summarize, k thx
Sucking dick on a weekday? Oh wait, you're a druggie bum so it don't matter

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That shit is inexcusable for the richest country in the world.

Palm Springs really sucks, btw. Yuck.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Nothing would prepare any of you snowflakes for the absolute shit hole that is Bellevue Hospital in NYC.

And let's not forget NYC is a liberal toilet

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

summarize, k thx
Sucking dick on a weekday? Oh wait, you're a druggie bum so it don't matter
I may be a druggie bum, but I have a finely cut jib, long and lean, as well as what people are saying is pretty great hair, don't hate me just because I'm beautiful.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Nothing would prepare any of you snowflakes for the absolute shit hole that is Bellevue Hospital in NYC.

Coincidentally, We were on a road trip a few years ago, and stopped at a McDonalds in Tucson....gotta tell ya, I was impressed that was the best McDonalds ever.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Coincidentally, We were on a road trip a few years ago, and stopped at a McDonalds in Tucson....gotta tell ya, I was impressed that was the best McDonalds ever.
Is that the one that has the special semen sauce you like?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I may be a druggie bum,

you can stop right there. You already failed.

Go suck a cock now
So how many laps did you swim today?
None yet, but my swimming pool is still bigger than Oak's house
Pauncho Villain goes for a swim. Geaux Pauncho!

KeenCanineConch-max-1mb.gif

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I may be a druggie bum,

Go suck a cock now

Pool is too small

try again cock licker
Don't blame your inadequacies on the pool.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
I may be a druggie bum,

Go suck a cock now

Pool is too small

try again cock licker
Don't blame your inadequacies on the pool.
Don't blame your homosexuality on the drugs

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I had my tonsils and adenoids removed there. Also had to have some stitches. Back in the 70's, they had mostly asshole military docs. I thought the anesthetist was gonna break my face from pushing the mask down to put me out!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I may be a druggie bum,

Go suck a cock now

Pool is too small

try again cock licker

LMAO. It's funny how little men are always so hung up on size.