Where were you on 9-11-2001?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
i was in school and they shut everything down after the principle made an announcement over the PA

half hour later my mom showed up in the suburban and took like 20 of us home, we all piled in. my dad is/was NYPD so he was called in, so, mom took the wheel

the rest of the day we played video games while adults talk on phones that rang all day, sort of shielding us from the details

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Smoking a joint in the lounge. When I looked up and told my yapping housemate to shut up and look what the fuck was happening, she told me that she had already seen that movie...
:Hapz2:

OP
OP
Jeannie

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
my grand aunt worked up in the 80s (floors) and would take us 2 the top.deck
on windy days the building would shift enough that u could feel it, like a ship

she retired two years before it happened

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
In my office at the last job I had where I worked for someone else.

I let the admin staff manager in and we closed the door to listen to the radio.

OP
OP
Jeannie

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'd just arrived a mate's flat and he had the tele on. We didn't even take much notice at first until it showed a plane hitting the tower.
yeah, when the first one hit, it was freak accident, but the second one... uh oh

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I was home getting ready to go to work and my children off to daycare/school. I put the tv on to put Sesame street on, but the news was on and I watched curiously as a plane hit a tower. I guess our brains go into denial and I thought it was a report about a new movie.

Then I processed what I heard them reporting and quickly turned off the television. I didn't want my children to see that. I went to work thinking that it just didn't matter. If felt apocalyptic.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was taking care of my kids and arranging for a divorce. 911 made it seem that much more like the world was bonkers.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I was at work on a night shift and all my coworkers downed tools and assembled around a radio. Wandered over curious and my mate said a plane accidentally crashed into a tower...

Before I heard the radio, I told the group it was intentional...and that it was likely the US doing it to itself... they looked at me like I was crazy.

I explained that the airspace was very strict over NYC and if a plane, then later planes got through, it was intentional.

I went back to work in disgust at how gullible they were acting.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The computer lab in the Geology department at UCSB when I first learned that a plane had flown into one of the buildings.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
my grand aunt worked up in the 80s (floors) and would take us 2 the top.deck
on windy days the building would shift enough that u could feel it, like a ship

Yep, been to the observation deck a couple of times, too. Still have pix of the views from my last trip there.

On the morning of 9/11, I was getting a guided tour of St-John's, Newfoundland, courtesy of my ex-girlfriend whom I was visiting at the time. We got a glimpse of the visuals only when we returned home around dinner time on that day. We'd been hearing about this all day from the car radio and from everyone we encountered but nothing we'd heard could've prepared us for the sight.

Over the next couple of days, we participated in the massive, coordinated delivery of essentials to passengers on airliners forced to land in Gander, Goose Bay, and St-John's. It was a vacation to remember, to say the least.

I've been to the Ground Zero Memorial twice since its opening and, on both occasions, took the time to read every single name inscribed around the perimeter of the sunken fountains.

I may not be American but this, this was a crime against humanity. It needs to never be forgotten.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I was having coffee with my grandma and getting ready for work. It was all over the news.

It was really weird day at work as well....I was teaching pre school, we were all sad and worried but hid it very well for all the kiddos.

I was also planning a wedding so I had stuff for that going on that day as well. I think we met with the pastor for dinner.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I was asleep, from working the night before delivering pizzas, when suddenly my wife woke me up saying "BABE WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!". And of course I had to get up and see what the fuck was going on lol.