Will Trumptardism cost the right the midterms and 2024?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Donald Trump’s claim of election fraud is tightening his grip on the Republican party, but veteran pollster Frank Luntz says the “big lie” could cost both the 2020 midterms and 2024 presidential election.

In a new podcast released Thursday, Mr Luntz said the former president may “single-handedly” cost GOP control of the House and Senate, while also ensuring another term for Democrats in the White House.

“What Donald Trump is saying is actually telling people ‘it’s not worth it to vote’. Donald Trump single-handedly may cause people not to vote. And he may be the greatest tool in the Democrats’ arsenal to keep control of the House and Senate in 2022,” Mr Luntz said on The New York Times‘ podcast “
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

My guess is YES!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Trump isnt CAUSING anyone to do anything.

The way the left talks about people like we are some giant stupid monolith whose behaviors and choices are always influenced should tell you something about how they view all of us.

We all have always known our elections are bent in the favor of the political class.

Now it's just powerful people getting pissed that this topic isn't quietly going away like it always does.

Thinking that people trusted elections up until now is disconnected, delusional thinking. Low turn outs kinda show that people normally dont see the point.

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
Donald Trump’s claim of election fraud is tightening his grip on the Republican party, but veteran pollster Frank Luntz says the “big lie” could cost both the 2020 midterms and 2024 presidential election.

In a new podcast released Thursday, Mr Luntz said the former president may “single-handedly” cost GOP control of the House and Senate, while also ensuring another term for Democrats in the White House.

“What Donald Trump is saying is actually telling people ‘it’s not worth it to vote’. Donald Trump single-handedly may cause people not to vote. And he may be the greatest tool in the Democrats’ arsenal to keep control of the House and Senate in 2022,” Mr Luntz said on The New York Times‘ podcast “

My guess is YES!
I saw Luntz on the Corporately Sponsored Network (CSN) the other day - he was making a reasonable appeal to Repukes to shed Trump, but I think this should be kept quiet so Trump can continue to drag the radical right down.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

My guess is YES!
I saw Luntz on the Corporately Sponsored Network (CSN) the other day - he was making a reasonable appeal to Repukes to shed Trump, but I think this should be kept quiet so Trump can continue to drag the radical right down.

You don't think, though...

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
80% of the time a new president 's party loses seats in congress at the first midterm.

Yeah, but 100% of the time in elections prior to 2016, Trump had never been POTUS and Trumptardism didn't yet exist.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Oh what you call "trumptardism" existed alright. You guys just have to pay attention.

This is why we need civil war. Forcibly take our government back. They are way too involved in our lives, way too wasteful and manipulative and you people enable it nonstop like you are rooting for some kind of sports team.

So when more black people get into more police confrontations you guys gonna pretend it's not because of Democrats banning menthol cigs and its us "right wing extremists" who want the government to leave people the fuck alone?

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
So when more black people get into more police confrontations you guys gonna pretend it's not because of Democrats banning menthol cigs
Smoking, of course is directly related to economic status and IQ, as are other addictions like heroin and crack. It would seem to me a better solution to afford educational and economic opportunity to the "underprivileged".

PS: at one time and for many years I did smoke (culture), but even as a cig grubber I refused menthols
just disgusting. Had it been my only choice I'd have quit years earlier.

Roll yer own organic, if you have to.

I love the whole Sally Mae / Salome lyric

ep16.95.R.jpg

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So when more black people get into more police confrontations you guys gonna pretend it's not because of Democrats banning menthol cigs
Smoking, of course is directly related to economic status and IQ, as are other addictions like heroin and crack. It would seem to me a better solution to afford educational and economic opportunity to the "underprivileged".

PS: at one time and for many years I did smoke (culture), but even as a cig grubber I refused menthols
just disgusting. Had it been my only choice I'd have quit years earlier.

Roll yer own organic, if you have to.

I love the whole Sally Mae / Salome lyric

ep16.95.R.jpg

Aaahhh yes. The white saviors think the low IQ and low status blacks should spend their money better. Or smoke what the hippy white men smoke, you bad taste dummy black man!

So let the tyranny occur.

MachineMan

Factory Bastard

Pollsters Don't Seem Very Confident Ahead of Midterms​

Polls are looking up for Dems in all the same places they were in 2020,......when they were wrong.

(NEWSER) – If past performance is any indication, polls ahead of this year’s midterm elections may be setting Democrats up for another major letdown. That’s according not only to pundits but also the pollsters themselves, who according to
have been wringing their hands and tweaking their methods ever since the 2016 election eleforced a reckoning in the industry. Postmortems back then alerted pollsters to a new breed of voter: Trump supporters, a considerable chunk of whom are hard to reach or simply refuse to participate in polls, therefore skewing results toward Democrats.

Despite significant adjustments aimed at reaching more non-college educated voters and those without landlines, most pollsters bombed again in 2020. Biden won, but the margins were far narrower than predicted, especially in many battleground states. Indeed, 2020 polls were the least accurate in four decades, and the industry doesn’t seem to know why. As the
Nate Cohn puts it, the polling community essentially "
that it was 'impossible' to definitively ascertain what went wrong in the 2020 election." Since then, pollsters have continued the handwringing, but they haven’t made major changes, hoping instead that Trump’s absence on the ballot will relieve the poll-skewing effect of his supporters.

Polls are looking relatively rosy for Democrats, contrary to traditional wisdom that shows a president’s party underperforms in midterms, especially in an uncertain economy. Some pundits say Democrats have legitimate momentum on their side, thanks to the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision and the fact that lots of Republican candidates have very low favorability ratings, per the
Democrat candidates also outperformed polls in recent special elections in New York and Alaska. But as the Times also points out, the strong Dem polls are appearing in the exact same battleground states pollsters botched in 2020. For example, in Wisconsin, Democrat Mandela Barnes shows a seven-point lead over incumbent Sen. Ron Johnson; in 2020, polls showed Biden at +8, but he won the state by less than a point. (Read more
stories.)