Are Mass Shootings Political? The Alleged Shooter Is Black, If That Helps Make It OK.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
They shouldn't be but they are because everytime one happens its used for a political agenda before the bodies are even cold.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm gonna treat this thread like a current events thread since no politics.

Anyone paying attention to the serial killer architect from Long Island...he looks creepy.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
If he's found guilty, I hope he gets a death sentence. He's a predator and doesn't deserve to live.

Agreed!

I remember when it was first revealed that there may be a serial killer on the loose, it was pretty scary. I'm glad they finally caught him. Now if only they could find the Oregon serial killer.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Agreed!

I remember when it was first revealed that there may be a serial killer on the loose, it was pretty scary. I'm glad they finally caught him. Now if only they could find the Oregon serial killer.

Isn't there a serial killer also running around Oregon killing women?

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Isn't there a serial killer also running around Oregon killing women?

Yep. At least 6. It fits the M.O. of a serial killer as the 6 victims were homeless and drug addicts, those are the types serial killers go after because they have no permanent address and no one will report them missing for a while.

It's a fucked up world we live in.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Those poor women.

Yesterday I was taking my son through a drive thru. He wanted a burger. A woman comes up to my window and asked me if I could buy her some food. I asked her what she wanted and she was actually humble and said "Whatever you want to buy me ma'am." I was like okay, let me get you something and I'll drive around and bring it to the parking lot.

I order her a cheeseburger and got her a drink. She was super grateful when I gave it to her. The Latin in me can't say no to feeding someone if they're hungry...lol

Anyway, I thought, if she doesn't have to exchange sex for food tonight, I'm doing her a tiny favor...

It is dangerous out there and I fear for these women.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Those poor women.

Yesterday I was taking my son through a drive thru. He wanted a burger. A woman comes up to my window and asked me if I could buy her some food. I asked her what she wanted and she was actually humble and said "Whatever you want to buy me ma'am." I was like okay, let me get you something and I'll drive around and bring it to the parking lot.

I order her a cheeseburger and got her a drink. She was super grateful when I gave it to her. The Latin in me can't say no to feeding someone if they're hungry...lol

Anyway, I thought, if she doesn't have to exchange sex for food tonight, I'm doing her a tiny favor...

It is dangerous out there and I fear for these women.

That was very nice of you.

There is a misconception that all homeless are drug addicts, not true. Some just have had bad things go on in their life.

Like you said, some people down on their luck just want a hot meal and to be left alone.

If I were in your shoes, I'd would have done the same thing and against the wishes of my spouse, I'd have probably given her all my cash I had in my purse.

Yes. It's hard for me to say "no" to someone who is hungry as well. My instincts as a mother kicks in. What if that was my child alone and hungry on the streets?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
That was very nice of you.

There is a misconception that all homeless are drug addicts, not true. Some just have had bad things go on in their life.

Like you said, some people down on their luck just want a hot meal and to be left alone.

If I were in your shoes, I'd would have done the same thing and against the wishes of my spouse, I'd have probably given her all my cash I had in my purse.

Yes. It's hard for me to say "no" to someone who is hungry as well. My instincts as a mother kicks in. What if that was my child alone and hungry on the streets?

I mean what's a few bucks for a burger? It's better than her getting into some kook's car.

Yeah, my partner looks at me like I'm a sucker when people ask me for help. I don't care. I do what I want. :Happy5:
He will ignore people and walk right past them.

When I don't have cash, which is often because I use my debit card for everything, I at least look them in the eye and say that I'm sorry I can't.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I mean what's a few bucks for a burger? It's better than her getting into some kook's car.

Yeah, my partner looks at me like I'm a sucker when people ask me for help. I don't care. I do what I want. :Happy5:
He will ignore people and walk right past them.

When I don't have cash, which is often because I use my debit card for everything, I at least look them in the eye and say that I'm sorry I can't.

And it is hard as some of the homeless play this game of "feel bad for me," which ruins it for those truly in need. I have stopped trying to weed out the drug addicts and drunks. Helping someone should not come with conditions.

Yeah, my husband is like your partner only because he feels that his hard earned money should go to the charities like the Salvation Army and such, but those are the biggest liars of all. The Volunteers Of America only uses 15% of their yearly donations and grants for those in need and the rest goes to paying their overhead and the salaries of their CEO's and board members. It's criminal how these so-called "charities" operate. Using the homeless to rake in money.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
And it is hard as some of the homeless play this game of "feel bad for me," which ruins it for those truly in need. I have stopped trying to weed out the drug addicts and drunks. Helping someone should not come with conditions.

Yeah, my husband is like your partner only because he feels that his hard earned money should go to the charities like the Salvation Army and such, but those are the biggest liars of all. The Volunteers Of America only uses 15% of their yearly donations and grants for those in need and the rest goes to paying their overhead and the salaries of their CEO's and board members. It's criminal how these so-called "charities" operate. Using the homeless to rake in money.

I don't question if they're using or not either. It is easier to say yes when they ask for food though.

I agree with your comments about these charities. My partner is just not empathetic to be honest. I recall when I first men him I thought he was super generous and so nice. He said "no I'm not, well, only with those I care about". It turned out to be true. lol He thinks people make bad choices and should take their lumps and deal with the consequences.

When we were in Palm Springs a year or so ago, we saw this woman in a parking lot picking up sand off the ground and putting it in her hair...kind of like she was washing it.

I though, wth is she doing...He saw my face and said "She's just washing the spiders out of her hair." Now, the way he said it made me laugh, he can be really funny. But, I did feel bad for her, she was clearly a user. He agreed but saw it as a hopeless situation with no remedy.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I don't question if they're using or not either. It is easier to say yes when they ask for food though.

I agree with your comments about these charities. My partner is just not empathetic to be honest. I recall when I first men him I thought he was super generous and so nice. He said "no I'm not, well, only with those I care about". It turned out to be true. lol He thinks people make bad choices and should take their lumps and deal with the consequences.

When we were in Palm Springs a year or so ago, we saw this woman in a parking lot picking up sand off the ground and putting it in her hair...kind of like she was washing it.

I though, wth is she doing...He saw my face and said "She's just washing the spiders out of her hair." Now, the way he said it made me laugh, he can be really funny. But, I did feel bad for her, she was clearly a user. He agreed but saw it as a hopeless situation with no remedy.

Your partner sounds like a realist. Someone who has seen hardship and had to pull himself up by the bootstraps and use his sweat, grit, and never quit attitude to get to where he's at today. I really hate venturing a guess, but by any chance was he ever in the military or Law Enforcement? I only ask because I have family in and retired from the military and they have the same mindset your partner has when it comes to his loved one's and everyone else who isn't family, "I owe them nothing" kind of attitude. The most telling thing is your partner's views on the cause and effect of bad decisions, which lead to equally bad consequences. Your partner sounds like a vet or ex law enforcement. Also, I can see him owning his own business and running it in a no nonsense kind of way. If I'm totally wrong, let me be trolled on this for the rest of my stay here at BF. Of course I'm wrong, I barely know you and how am I supposed to glean information from you if I'm not trolling you? So, with that being said, I could look really stupid out here, which wouldn't be the first time (Thank you, Blurt).

I have never ever seen anything remotely close to a woman "washing" her hair with sand. I mean in principle/principal? I think that's the best option if one didn't have regular access to water, soap and shampoo and a place to take a shower. From what i've seen on YouTube, sand can be used to clean out camp pans and such, I believe it has something to do with how abrasive the sand is, coupled with some friction, cleans the pans and plates without the need for traditional dish soap. I guess the properties of the sand can pull out things that would have gathered in that lady's hair while sleeping in the rough. Seems to me, maybe she knows what she's doing? Did you also mention "spiders" in her hair? I think it was your partner commenting that the sand would get rid of them. Was he being sarcastic or was he talking from real world experience? And don't get me wrong. I am in no way saying that the reason your partner knows this is because he may have been homeless. Not saying that at all. But it would tie into him being in the military or being ex Law Enforcement or an avid hunter or outdoorsman. Still, though from what you've said about your partner, to me he doesn't seem like the type to want to kill animals for sport. Now, again, I could be waaaaay off base and look like Bozo The Clown twice in the same morning, so we'll move on.

I think "funny" in a man is sexy. I really like it when a man is funny and has a sense of humor. You know the kind of guy that can laugh at himself at the drop of a hat? Did I say that, right? Oh. Well. It doesn't surprise me that you're with a man who is funny. A funny man in my opinion is better than a Calvin Klein model with the personality of a brick. And when I say funny, I don't mean he's trying to be funny 24/7, because that shit is annoying. I think situational funny is the best, where it's real life and unscripted, kinda like encountering a woman washing her hair with sand. I can see how you two would balance each other out. When a man is emotionally funny and witty and humorous, looks really don't matter in my book of love bytes.

The homeless endemic is something that cannot be solved overnight. There are just too many variables to take into account. My hubby gave me some good advice, he told me that, "I can't save everyone," and it's true. I can't. My husband had to tell me this again when we went to a rescue cat show. I was about to "adopt" every single cat at that show, oh don't get me wrong he could care less about 400 cats roaming our property, it was the $129 adoption fee that came with each kitty he didn't like. So I know what you're saying. There is no right answer that will work in every situation for each homeless person needing assistance. Until someone can figure out where homeless starts, there's nothing that is going to change the current situation. When I say where "homeless starts, it is a question on whether being homeless is a state of mind or if being homeless is due to circumstances beyond anyone's control? Until that can be definitively answered with actual an hypothesis turned into raw data that correlate to one of the choices after many years of field testing, can we only then start tackling the out of control homeless situation.

Last edited: