I used to think American tourists

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Panamanian is about the same, more or less. My wife's family owns land in David in Boquite near the Costa Rican border. It is a nice area but quickly turning into what Costa Rica has become in terms of 1st world prices in a 3rd world country.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have been watching this YouTube channel lately. Basically, that couple used to be van lifers living out of their van and making money off of youtube and selling photography prints online though they decided to buy an off gride homestead in Boquite about the time COVID took off. At first they thought they might settle in Belize because everyone speaks English there but they got scared away by high crime rates, then they looked at Costa Rica but land prices were too high for them, so finally they settled on Panama. Frankly, I'd never do the off grid thing for very long but they seem to like it.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have been watching this YouTube channel lately. Basically, that couple used to be van lifers living out of their van and making money off of youtube and selling photography prints online though they decided to buy an off gride homestead in Boquite about the time COVID took off. At first they thought they might settle in Belize because everyone speaks English there but they got scared away by high crime rates, then they looked at Costa Rica but land prices were too high for them, so finally they settled on Panama. Frankly, I'd never do the off grid thing for very long but they seem to like it.

Living off the grid is not my scene. I admire those who can.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Listen you woolly-brained moron, British tourists help keep the Portuguese economy afloat, where do you think the country would be without tourism?

Brits like their booze, they may get a bit rowdy but at least they aren't blowing people up in the name of their religion or killing one another in record numbers over drugs or because they were 'disrespected'.

Criticising the behaviour of Muslims and blacks is of course a taboo subject for you lefties though. Blaming whitey is much more acceptable, whatever the Nationality may be.

No Muslim has blown anyone up in Portugal, ever, and they don't generally run around getting drunk and screaming at people, so why would I blame them. I've never seen any blacks here acting like that, either. I have said many times I'm not blaming "whitey," I'm blaming the type of Brit who comes here and acts like an entitled ass (some Americans, too). It's not my fault these rude people happen to be white, and it doesn't fucking mean I blame "whitey." Pick up some logic somewhere and take it for a spin.

• Agree!
Reactions: Q
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Looks like fun.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's exactly what I want to do. Not like this. .....but semi off grid. Homesteading.

I have a friend that converted a school bus into a tiny house and her and three kids are doing that. It's awesome.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Listen you woolly-brained moron, British tourists help keep the Portuguese economy afloat, where do you think the country would be without tourism?

Brits like their booze, they may get a bit rowdy but at least they aren't blowing people up in the name of their religion or killing one another in record numbers over drugs or because they were 'disrespected'.

Criticising the behaviour of Muslims and blacks is of course a taboo subject for you lefties though. Blaming whitey is much more acceptable, whatever the Nationality may be.

No Muslim has blown anyone up in Portugal, ever, and they don't generally run around getting drunk and screaming at people, so why would I blame them. I've never seen any blacks here acting like that, either. I have said many times I'm not blaming "whitey," I'm blaming the type of Brit who comes here and acts like an entitled ass (some Americans, too). It's not my fault these rude people happen to be white, and it doesn't fucking mean I blame "whitey." Pick up some logic somewhere and take it for a spin.

I assume the Muslim population in Portugal is miniscule, if there was a similar amount as in England or France there almost certainly would be terrorist attacks and other social problems occurring.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I assume the Muslim population in Portugal is miniscule, if there was a similar amount as in England or France there almost certainly would be terrorist attacks and other social problems occurring.

I'm guessing probably not, because the social inequity here isn't as glaring.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Amazing to me, the number of tourist here. The government requires non citizens or residents to buy a $50,000. Health Insurance policy before entering the country. Many restaurants are closed, curfews, etc. Still, they come. No doubt the economy needs them. It does limit my circulation

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I didn't know health insurance is so expensive there. As a vet I get free VA medical coverage so one of the nice things about Panama is there are American VA facilities located there thanks to the history of the Panama Canal Zone.