Mexican food thread

Siria

Factory Bastard
I sometimes still think about moving, but I too still struggle with what I'll leave behind. The cultures, the food and the richness of experience.

I don't know how it is to be fully immersed in a single cultural experience. Would I come to feel over exposed?
Are you Mexican?

You like Mexican food too much! Lol

I just made salsa macha to have at home, it's really good

-chile de árbol
-garlic
-panuts
-ajonjolí (don't know the name in English)
-olive oil or avocado oil
-salt

Also my favorite Mexican foods are: chiles rellenos, birria, pozole, menudo, garnachas ☺️

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Are you Mexican?

You like Mexican food too much! Lol

I just made salsa macha to have at home, it's really good

-chile de árbol
-garlic
-panuts
-ajonjolí (don't know the name in English)
-olive oil or avocado oil
-salt

Also my favorite Mexican foods are: chiles rellenos, birria, pozole, menudo, garnachas ☺️

Yes, I am. I don't like it too much, I think I like it just right. :) . I do like the depth of flavors though.

I find the similar complex flavors in Indian, Thai and a few other cuisines.

I tend to eat more Mexican now because my partner likes it a lot...he likes it too much. I can get tired of it.

ajonjolí are called "sesame seeds"

Last edited:

Siria

Factory Bastard
Yes, I am. I don't like it too much, I think I like it just right. :) . I do like the depth of flavors though.

I find the similar complex flavors in Indian, Thai and a few other cuisines.

I tend to eat more Mexican now because my partner likes it a lot...he likes it too much. I can get tired of it.
Nice ! I am Mexican too ◡̈

I eat Mexican everyday lol, since I live here so just yesterday ate tacos de chile relleno haha, but I also enjoy Indian and Chinese, they use spices too which I love, I have come to the realization that I can't eat without chilli burning my mouth, I'm addicted to it, but that's just me.

I just read the no. 1 pork dish is Mexican Carnitas, love them

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Nice ! I am Mexican too ◡̈

I eat Mexican everyday lol, since I live here so just yesterday ate tacos de chile relleno haha, but I also enjoy Indian and Chinese, they use spices too which I love, I have come to the realization that I can't eat without chilli burning my mouth, I'm addicted to it, but that's just me.

I just read the no. 1 pork dish is Mexican Carnitas, love them

Yeah, I need to have my mouth burning and tears running down my face at least several times a week. When I eat Chinese, I add the chili oil to most everything.

I wanted to try BBQ chicken, with an extra kick. I blended a small can of chipotles with adobo and American style BBQ sauce and added it to the chicken shortly before it was done

The flavor was terrific.

I also sometimes blend chipotles with ranch dressing for a salad.

So many easy ways to add flavor to simple things to boost flavor.