Thoughts On The Upcoming Mike Tyson Vs. Jake Paul Fight?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Here's a cinematic recreation of the infamous Tyson Mitch Green street fight:

Trouble is these actors portraying Tyson & Green look too lean, young & unscathed to make the scene remotely believable. No avg guy would be a pretty boy after taking so many punches to the head in so many fights. Those actors dont look theyve ever set foot in a ring.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

If anyone here needs a professional perspective of any segments of this video, let me know the exact time and what your question is.

I did not watch much of it as I have seen fighters train (along side of me) for thousands of hours in my life already.

If anyone saw Tyson sparring, did he take any kind of a decent shot to the head?

Jake Paul is still a very unpolished fighter and Tyson should dismantle him as long as he can avoid being hit, or if his hold man head can survive being hit.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
So Tyson posted this on Twitter today:

GMV1uFHaoAAPTDs

It looks like they were able to get it sanctioned as a professional fight. I think that is a little crazy, given Tyson's age. But I do not think it really changes much as I expected both of them to try to win anyways. I would expect there will be no headgear and maybe the gloves will have to be a little smaller.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
I dunno, for 'an old man' Tyson still looks very impressive close up:

And to think he's 'just training' in that clip.

...Could you take a Tyson punch, @The Prowler?

Somehow I highly doubt it.

He'd probably kill you & while you were dying you would feel it Prowler.

If you were in the ring with him, ya'd likely drop to yer knees & beg fer mercy, eh Prowler?

Our prowler ? Nope he would dismantle Tyson

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hey @The Prowler slightly before you were born but there was this boxer named Sonny Liston who was so fearsome that he was like Tyson & Ferocious Foreman in 1 body eh?

....but Muhammad Ali defeated him twice. Although witnesses thought at least 1 of the matches was a fix.

Liston had close ties to the mob & when they didn't do as he asked they injected him with heroin & gave him an overdose.

I remember the day he died too back in 1970 as his death was announced on the radio. I believe it was during the summer.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Whuuuudt? Not the Deep State?
.. He threw the fight. Went down on a phantom punch. So staged.
I myself have been hit by a Cassius Clay short right. Like a feather, no fuckin way that puts a man down.

It tapped him right on the side/tip of the jaw.

It knocked him out.

"phantom punch"

Shut up.

Here it is in slow motion.

Just watch the 14 second to 16 second mark about 10 times.

Watch Liston's head turn sharp and quick. Watch it. It twisted his fucking brain in his skull.

Precision punch. Clean knockout.

You have no idea.

I will reenact this moment when I fight Senile @Joe in my warmup fight for my Tyson match.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Here's one take of the Clay/Liston 2nd match @The Prowler .

Not my opinion but commentator offers some interesting points.

He even thinks the 1st fight was fixed too - mainly by the mob.

Again not my opinion, just his.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Tyson is probably in trouble.

I just watched the recent Jake Paul fight.

If you watch at 3:55 in the video below, Jake Paul is about to move straight back and then laterally, and ends it in a decent, controlled position to continue to defend and/or counter. Tyson's offensive footwork has all been basically straight ahead. I mean, he has been like this since his mid 20's.

I have to give Jake Paul some credit for working on his boxing skills and showing improvement. I think he will be able to hit Tyson and the old man head will probably get rattled badly.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Tyson is probably in trouble.

I just watched the recent Jake Paul fight.

If you watch at 3:55 in the video below, Jake Paul is about to move straight back and then laterally, and ends it in a decent, controlled position to continue to defend and/or counter. Tyson's offensive footwork has all been basically straight ahead. I mean, he has been like this since his mid 20's.

I have to give Jake Paul some credit for working on his boxing skills and showing improvement. I think he will be able to hit Tyson and the old man head will probably get rattled badly.

Respectfully I will disagree @The Prowler.

But Jake Paul might put up a decent fight.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Mike vs Rocky- what a fucking joke,some people will do anything for money
The 1st thing that goes in a pro fighter is speed - - - - - -