Trisha Nears Death at 65

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Oh boy... it had to come one day... Soooo sad. I hope her life was good. We gave her our best.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Thousands of WA residents have expressed their heartbreak at learning one of Perth Zoo’s most famous animals is nearing the end of her life.

Zoo staff yesterday broke the sad news that Tricia, the 65-year-old Asian elephant, didn’t have “long to go” and was being monitored “day by day” by vets.

Tricia has become one of the most beloved animals at the zoo, having been there since her arrival from Vietnam 60 years ago.

Great images so look them up on the link.

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
Perth Zoo employees Christine Wilson and her husband Chris Wilson, with Tricia the 63-year-old elephant and a heart print she has made with the tip of her trunk. Love blossomed for Christine and Chris after they met at the zoo. PICTURE NIC ELLIS   THE WEST AUSTRALIAN

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The enclosure for her early life was inhumane but her quality of life was so good the second half of her life. As a young person I couldn't stand her being trapped in her concrete pillar cage shuffling from side to side.

I have been very emotional about it because the news specials about her really did her justice. She was a special being.