Ordered a new pc Dell Inspiron 3670

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
Time to replace this piece of shit AIO! I ordered a Dell Inspiron 3670. I'd thought about building one but I just don't have the time or patience to learn something new. This is what I could get for now. Seems decent enough to me but I don't know quite that much about the parts that make my pc work :LOL1:. From what I've been reading I should probably update the graphics card at least. I do a little gaming from my pc and I work from my pc so I need pages to load fast and to be able to run some games other than Sims 4. Any advice?
  • Intel Core i3-8100 processor with 6MB cache
  • Windows 10 operating system
  • 1TB SATA hard drive
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • DVD/CD player/burner
  • Intel UHD 630 graphics
  • 8GB DDR4 system memory; expandable to 32GB
  • Equipped with 5.1-channel audio support with Waves MaxxAudio Pro plus media card reader (card not included)
  • Has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 5 USB ports and headphone/microphone jack
  • Includes wired keyboard and mouse
  • Approx. 6-1/4"W x 11-1/2"D x 14-3/4"
  • View attachment 34

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Im behind the times on the latest and greatest computer specs these days, I use to know a lot, but I know you need to ditch the wired keyboard and mouse for something wireless lol.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Time to replace this piece of shit AIO! I ordered a Dell Inspiron 3670. I'd thought about building one but I just don't have the time or patience to learn something new. This is what I could get for now. Seems decent enough to me but I don't know quite that much about the parts that make my pc work :LOL1:. From what I've been reading I should probably update the graphics card at least. I do a little gaming from my pc and I work from my pc so I need pages to load fast and to be able to run some games other than Sims 4. Any advice?
  • 1TB SATA hard drive
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • DVD/CD player/burner
  • Intel UHD 630 graphics
  • Equipped with 5.1-channel audio support with Waves MaxxAudio Pro plus media card reader (card not included)
  • View attachment 34
That is a great machine, if you want to just surf the internet and do business like stuff. If you are a gamer, cancel your order now. i3 processor and intel graphics are shit for gaming. Also 8gb will again do just fine for surfing internet and basic word processing type stuff; but if you are a gamer, you better make that 16GB

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I think she mostly wants it for work related (graphic related) and her games. You're right Dag, 8gb sounds low for "this day and age" lol. I didnt know Intel had went to shit. GForce graphics cards is what I run, Im sure they are still top of the food chain.

OP
OP
Iggy McLulz

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
  • 1TB SATA hard drive
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • DVD/CD player/burner
  • Intel UHD 630 graphics
  • View attachment 34
That is a great machine, if you want to just surf the internet and do business like stuff. If you are a gamer, cancel your order now. i3 processor and intel graphics are shit for gaming. Also 8gb will again do just fine for surfing internet and basic word processing type stuff; but if you are a gamer, you better make that 16GB
Mostly SIms 4 but I might get into other games eventually. I can't cancel, it's already been shipped. I also kind of need it asap. So upgrade the processor, the graphics and add another 8GB memory at least......... It'll be a few months before I can upgrade anything I just want to plan it out so I know how much it's going to cost me. I work straight from my browser, no spiffy programs. I judge webpages for the most part other assignments don't require as much page loading as others. The slower my pages load the less money I earn because I can't keep a steady pace.
I think she mostly wants it for work related (graphic related) and her games. You're right Dag, 8gb sounds low for "this day and age" lol. I didnt know Intel had went to shit. GForce graphics cards is what I run, Im sure they are still top of the food chain.
I suppose I could have been more specific as to wtf I actually do with my pc :LOL1:. My work is nothing graphic related, it's all loading pages from IE browser mostly, it used to strictly be IE but over the years we've been able to start using other browsers for some of the jobs.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Oh ok, that sounds cool Iggy. I thought you was in the graphics department lol. Yeah update your ram first, thats cheap. I know exactly what you mean about "keep a steady pace". In my line of work, no machine can keep up with me! lol

OP
OP
Iggy McLulz

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
Got my computer yesterday, it's pretty nice. It'll be even better once I upgrade it. I can tell a big difference in the amount of work I can put out on the really easy jobs, my rate has doubled which is good enough for now.

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
If it's in your price range, I would suggest you also look into a refurbished laptop PC as a companion computer when things start to slow down your multitasking. You can usually get a decent one for under $300 if you don't buy it from a big box store.

You might even get a deal on open box/reurned merchandise if you inquire from the management, even with online purchases. :ThumbsUp4:

OP
OP
Iggy McLulz

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
If it's in your price range, I would suggest you also look into a refurbished laptop PC as a companion computer when things start to slow down your multitasking. You can usually get a decent one for under $300 if you don't buy it from a big box store.

You might even get a deal on open box/reurned merchandise if you inquire from the management, even with online purchases. :ThumbsUp4:
I have multiple computers in my house. The Hp AIO is worthless, can't be upgraded. Have an Optiplex 780 that came from my daughter's school, a friend of mine works their doing tech and gave us one that he refurbished. We're no longer friends or I'd have had him help me build a pc instead of having bought one. I haven't looked to see if anything can be done with it. Also have another Hp that I bought 9 years ago, it runs like shit because my husband never remembers to maintain the damn thing. It'll sound like it's going to blow up and he ignores it until I say something about it. He's not allowed to touch my pc!!!!! :LOL1: I plan on upgrading the shit out of this Dell I just got, going to be a few months but it's worth having to wait.