Wars in Europe greatly benefit US military complex

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Of the total [military money] spent in Europe in 2023, $407 billion, or 69%, were incurred on defense expenditure in Central and Western Europe, with the United Kingdom being the largest spender in the subregion, followed by Germany. While, $181 billion were spent on military procurements in Eastern Europe, with Ukraine spending a whopping $64.8 billion on defense, which helped it climb from 11th spot in 2022 to become the eighth largest military spender in the world in 2023.

Another recent report by SIPRI highlighted a
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
increase in arms imported by European countries between 2019-2023 compared to 2014-18, with the United States being the origin of 55% of all of these imports in the last five years. The spike in defense spending over the last couple of years has created a boom in the aerospace and armaments manufacturing industry in the United States.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Of the total [military money] spent in Europe in 2023, $407 billion, or 69%, were incurred on defense expenditure in Central and Western Europe, with the United Kingdom being the largest spender in the subregion, followed by Germany. While, $181 billion were spent on military procurements in Eastern Europe, with Ukraine spending a whopping $64.8 billion on defense, which helped it climb from 11th spot in 2022 to become the eighth largest military spender in the world in 2023.

Another recent report by SIPRI highlighted a
increase in arms imported by European countries between 2019-2023 compared to 2014-18, with the United States being the origin of 55% of all of these imports in the last five years. The spike in defense spending over the last couple of years has created a boom in the aerospace and armaments manufacturing industry in the United States.

They most certainly do.

However, the current situation in Europe was caused by Russia, Putin specifically. Given the history in Europe, what do you think the European countries surrounding Russia should do?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This will lead to more money printing, currency devaluation & more inflation @LotusBud . Gold will continue to go up in price. Governments will pile up even more debt to finance these military expenditures.

However the Bill's will come due one day no later than the next decade. Excessive military spending comes at a price & often leads to a massive economic slowdown once their party/orgy is over

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They most certainly do.

However, the current situation in Europe was caused by Russia, Putin specifically. Given the history in Europe, what do you think the European countries surrounding Russia should do?
I think the whole thing is such a fubar. It's set up so that everyone will just keep purchasing war machinery from the US, and they will constantly have to renew their arms, on and on into annihilation caused by a combination of endless war, low wages worldwide, and climate change.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think the whole thing is such a fubar. It's set up so that everyone will just keep purchasing war machinery from the US, and they will constantly have to renew their arms, on and on into annihilation caused by a combination of endless war, low wages worldwide, and climate change.

It is a fubar. But Russia went into Crimea, Obama did nothing. Then Russia went into Ukraine...what are they supposed to do in Europe to negotiate for peace with a leader that is hell bent on conquest?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, I'm no international relations expert, so I don't know. But it's got to change so that the whole world isn't sitting around waiting to use their stockpiles of weapons. It's no way for humans to behave. And people who are in the upper echelons of this shit around the world need to start thinking in terms of striving for peace instead of striving to win wars everywhere. Maybe replace war culture with how to create sustainable-living-around-the-world culture. This never-ending- war culture creates people like Putin.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, I'm no international relations expert, so I don't know. But it's got to change so that the whole world isn't sitting around waiting to use their stockpiles of weapons. It's no way for humans to behave. And people who are in the upper echelons of this shit around the world need to start thinking in terms of striving for peace instead of striving to win wars everywhere.

Yeah. Well someone needs to get in the heads of those looking to bend other countries to their will. Whether It's the US, Russia or China.

None of these three countries are run by people that prioritize peace over war.