Behind Door #one you have a ‘Word salad of nonsense’, and behind Door #2 A noted expert in the field. You make the call. Who are you listening to?

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
‘Word salad of nonsense’: scientists denounce Jordan Peterson’s comments on climate models
Speaking on Joe Rogan’s podcast, Peterson claimed the climate was too complex to be modelled accurately, which was quickly shot down by scientists

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Well I'd ask this propaganda rag to name the "scientists".

Do you guys EVER ask WHO the scientists are? Anytime you see "experts say" or "leading scientists" and they only list 2 tops IF that, that is information you need to be extra critical of.

Just sayin.

I mean this is the same gimmeck used by blatant snake oil salesmen like Mercola or Avocado Wolf....."experts" and "scientists" used with no context. Another one is "studies have shown".

Toss this is the trash where it belongs Admin. Use your critical thinking.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️

Do you guys EVER ask WHO the scientists are? Anytime you see "experts say" or "leading scientists" and they only list 2 tops IF that, that is information you need to be extra critical of.

Just sayin.

I mean this is the same gimmeck used by blatant snake oil salesmen like Mercola or Avocado Wolf....."experts" and "scientists" used with no context. Another one is "studies have shown".

It says right in the fucking article that I posted who the actual Scientist was, you professional retard.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Just sayin.

It says right in the fucking article that I posted who the actual Scientist was, you professional retard.

Did you read what I said?

Let me quote myself

"Do you guys EVER ask WHO the scientists are? Anytime you see "experts say" or "leading scientists" and they only list 2 tops IF that, that is information you need to be extra critical of."

Did you get that?

My point stands. This is garbage. It's no different than woo woo pseudoscience idiocy that claims "studies" and "experts" and "leading scientists" say blah blah.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Articles like this make claims that say things like "leading scientists" because they are trying to lead the reader into a belief that its some consensus. It isnt though.

Science is far more nuanced and complicated. Anytime you see wording like that, you wanna be VERY critical.

As I said....sometime they will list ONE. Two tops. And you can bet it's a "scientist"(which can mean anything btw) who agrees with their decided conclusion.

" Dr Sarah Perkins-Kirkpatrick, a climate scientist at the University of New South Wales Canberra, said Peterson’s description of how climate models work was fundamentally wrong"

So they claimed all the "scientists" say this. But they listed one and quoted her opinion on Jordan Petersons comment.

Its word play.