Doing drugs with your kids

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
He could simply ignore those he doesn't want to hear from. I mean, he's practically boasted about those whom he puts on ignore...

MY Ignore button can't save you because it does what I tell it to do, not what some nattering dipshit with delusions of relevance wants it to do.

I hope you have a Plan B.

Aylana

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
He could simply ignore those he doesn't want to hear from. I mean, he's practically boasted about those whom he puts on ignore...

NOOOOO! The community only works now if certain people bitch and complain about certain other people day after bloody day...and if that is not enough, you have forum news reporters ridding on horseback back and forth from BF to BC like Paul Revere, shouting everything Murdy, admin or Lily posted then bitching about it again on the Blue Cashew.

You would think this is Big Brother and everyone is living in the "House", so they can't log off, ignore, or get away from each other, they are forced to live under the same roof and be miserable. This behavior is nearly impossible to break free from because many of these people don't have the internet social skills to post anywhere else and have therefore regressed into a community of inbred Neanderthals grunting out posts robotically...or worse, they become infatuated with bowel movements and talk about the good old days of wrasslen.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
NOOOOO! The community only works now if certain people bitch and complain about certain other people day after bloody day...and if that is not enough, you have forum news reporters ridding on horseback back and forth from BF to BC like Paul Revere, shouting everything Murdy, admin or Lily posted then bitching about it again on the Blue Cashew.

You would think this is Big Brother and everyone is living in the "House", so they can't log off, ignore, or get away from each other, they are forced to live under the same roof and be miserable. This behavior is nearly impossible to break free from because many of these people don't have the internet social skills to post anywhere else and have therefore regressed into a community of inbred Neanderthals grunting out posts robotically...or worse, they become infatuated with bowel movements and talk about the good old days of wrasslen.

I believe, in the vernacular of the interwebs, we can call them what is apparent to even the dumbest ass:

PWNT!

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
He claims to have had me on ignore for sometime, the poor sensitive snowflake.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Instead of commenting on what other parents do, I thought I would share my instinctual parenting choices.

I had the perfect platonic family. A husband with a budding career in the military and a beautiful daughter and handsome son. I was “lucky” to anyone looking at the photographs of my family and who wasn’t aware of what was actually young on in my marriage.

I didn’t want to be my children’s friends. My theory is that you have enough friends in life. You only get 2 parents.

I also looked at the lives of the people around me. My mother was a party girl and started drinking when she was 15. Dealing with my mother and her emotional issues is like dealing with a 15 year old child sometimes.

My father was just as bad except I had a very strong connection with him that to this day I still find myself embraced by. It’s nice, but he was also a son of a bitch at times especially if he had been drinking.

My parents were 17 and 15 when they started dating and the relationship was tumultuous and toxic. I watched them horrifically navigate our family imploring the same emotional disfunction as the generation before them… only this time they were less responsible and more narcissistic.

Someone who is active in their addiction does not think clearly. They cannot make good decisions for themselves let alone anyone else. It’s a vicious cycle of getting drunk or high…. And that is their main priority as life marches on.

It’s sad how little they accomplished during their 9 year marriage given how strong their love started. The damage they caused is irrefutable. I simply wanted more for myself and my children.

As for a gravity bong…

I don’t know that I would have shared and ultimately encouraged an adolescent to do this mostly because their brain does not fully develop until age 25-30.

I think you mean "nuclear"....not "platonic".

I would that during the few months of adolescent years you'd listen to your adult child's doctor and therapist.

And the brain is fully developed at 25. And that doesn't mean they are infants until 25, either.

Most people have had sex, experimented with drugs and alcohol long before 25 and I think it's stiff and irresponsible to pretend otherwise.

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I think you mean "nuclear"....not "platonic".

I would that during the few months of adolescent years you'd listen to your adult child's doctor and therapist.

And the brain is fully developed at 25. And that doesn't mean they are infants until 25, either.

Most people have had sex, experimented with drugs and alcohol long before 25 and I think it's stiff and irresponsible to pretend otherwise.

I forgot to add marriage after the platonic.

I agree that most people do that. I don’t agree that it’s responsible to condone and/or encourage it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I forgot to add marriage after the platonic.

I agree that most people do that. I don’t agree that it’s responsible to condone and/or encourage it.

Look up platonic.

You meant nuclear.

Well there is a lot of nuance involved in weather or not something is being encouraged.

And I absolutely condone my daughters medical weed card and anyone who doesn't can go die mad. I would hope ANY parent would condone something decided between their adult child and their child's doctor to help them with anxiety and severe cramping that isn't narcotic.

But I know many parents place appearance over everything so there is that.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Look up platonic.

You meant nuclear.

Well there is a lot of nuance involved in weather or not something is being encouraged.

And I absolutely condone my daughters medical weed card and anyone who doesn't can go die mad. I would hope ANY parent would condone something decided between their adult child and their child's doctor to help them with anxiety and severe cramping that isn't narcotic.

But I know many parents place appearance over everything so there is that.

AGAIN, I left out words from the statement.

That’s your choice. I gave my reasoning for mine.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
A platonic family is 2 people who raise children together without a romantic connection ~ which was exactly us for the last 12 years of our marriage.

Nuclear is too white picket fence for my stile.