OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
r2cOMu0.png

Tina says "Go Celts!"
You have really got something there.

. You know, admin...I am not only from the time of Louie Louie and Little Latin Lupe Lu,
I am also from the time of Bill Russell, KC and Sam Jones, Tommy Heinsohn, and Satch Sanders.

See, The Celts have had "sexy" teams and many even into the ots.
Now this team though. - no sex appeal. That's why they can't win.
God just doesn't think they are pretty enough.

Larry Loungelizard

I appreciate irony as long as I'm not it's victim.
Well, you know the thing is, Larry...a lot of people have questions about their character, and
. others about astrology. Tatum has seemed a bit of a jellyfish (but not the stinging kind) at times rather than a step-up leader.
I feel that he's turned a new leaf and it will show as the playoffs continue. Whether the Celts face the Pacers or Knicks in the conference finals will be a proving ground for him.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I feel that he's turned a new leaf and it will show as the playoffs continue. Whether the Celts face the Pacers or Knicks in the conference finals will be a proving ground for him.
Well, maybe in today's game with the floor being so open. Seems to me everyone can knock down an open 3 these days and the ball is faster than the rotation, so a good spot up shooter can put up points. You don't even have to come off a screen to get an open shot - just stand there till the ball rotates to you and bang.
The original idea of the 3 pt shot was for teams that were behind could gamble on their players to make a shot that was worth 3 points but (originally) one that would be made less than 2/3ds as often. Now, 3s are a higher value shot than 2s. Some Centers make it as well as shooting guards and some guards make it at 40+ percent which equals over 60% inside the arc. So it is a preferred shot rather than the desperate measure shot originally intended.
Fuck it, I hate how it's cheapened the game. Get rid of it.

Larry Loungelizard

Well, maybe in today's game with the floor being so open. Seems to me everyone can knock down an open 3 these days and the ball is faster than the rotation, so a good spot up shooter can put up points. You don't even have to come off a screen to get an open shot - just stand there till the ball rotates to you and bang.
The original idea of the 3 pt shot was for teams that were behind could gamble on their players to make a shot that was worth 3 points but (originally) one that would be made less than 2/3ds as often. Now, 3s are a higher value shot than 2s. Some Centers make it as well as shooting guards and some guards make it at 40+ percent which equals over 60% inside the arc. So it is a frefered shot rather than the despirate measure shot originally intended.
Fuck it, I hate how it's cheapened the game. Get rid of it.
So safe to assume that I shouldn't bother posting my proposal for a 4-point line? Hard no? Soft maybe?

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
So safe to assume that I shouldn't bother posting my proposal for a 4-point line? Hard no? Soft maybe?
See, the thing is, Lar, maybe there should be a 1 pt shot inside 5 ft, I just don't think so. How about each team try to get the ball to a player in a situation in which they can score at a high rate - only all of the shots count for the same. Seems fair to me.

Larry Loungelizard

See, the thing is, Lar, maybe there should be a 1 pt shot inside 5 ft, I just don't think so. How about each team try to get the ball to a player in a situation in which they can score at a high rate - only all of the shots count for the same. Seems fair to me.
C'mon, tell us how you really feel.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I can not be made to watch this crap. What the hell was that pass by Gordon?
.. X-Files is on.
3 Trout fell off today. One very nice Brownie I had right to a foot away.
What kind of day is this anyway?

I think Nugs just want to win it in front of the home crowd.

Admin.

I'm in jail, send ketchup.
Site Supporter ☠️
I can not be made to watch this crap. What the hell was that pass by Gordon?
.. X-Files is on.
3 Trout fell off today. One very nice Brownie I had right to a foot away.
What kind of day is this anyway?

I think Nugs just want to win it in front of the home crowd.
Of course Jeopardy is on.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Wow, the Wolves took the Nuggs behind the toolshed. That game 7 is going to be epic. Get the popcorn ready.
I watched a good portion of the 1st half, and it wasn't the wolves good play that won the day, it was the nugs inability to make a wide open shot. For supposedly skilled professionals, they sucked. Even great world class defense does not hold a top-flight team to 30 and 19 shooting in today's game.

Larry Loungelizard

I watched a good portion of the 1st half, and it wasn't the wolves good play that won the day, it was the nugs inability to make a wide open shot. For supposedly skilled professionals, they sucked. Even great world class defense does not hold a top-flight team to 30 and 19 shooting in today's game.
Yep, but those kinds of games happen on occasion. I'll be tuning in for game 7.