Things In Life That You Think Are Bullshit

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Money is quite probably the stupidest thing upon which to base a civilization.

If I ever get access to a time machine whoever came up with that brilliant notion is going to get strangled in their crib.
CTkORtt.jpg

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Money is quite probably the stupidest thing upon which to base a civilization.

If I ever get access to a time machine whoever came up with that brilliant notion is going to get strangled in their crib.

Understandable since currency has eluded you? Not to mention Cigarettes are expensive

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Whether or not a currency is fiat only matters to how that currency is valuated, distributed, and traded.

It would still be a stupid thing/concept upon which to base a civilization.

Wealth, it's acquisition and disbursement, is not a governing principle.
It's a tool for facilitating trades; money for labor, money for goods, money for services, etc.

Those trades could be anything we want.
Money is just one of the options.

Money is not suitable as a political guiding star; governments should serve people... not capital.

How do you explain your money grubbing hero Donald Trump? Maybe since most of his OP campaign money goes to defend himself in various courts of law, it’s legit?

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
I went to fill my gas tank, and the gas jockey was confused and angered by my offer to trade the equivalent units of my human capital ie my work product for a tank of gasoline, and then demanded currencies!
And then we 'bartered' in the bathroom. The End.

Admin.

I'm in jail, send ketchup.
Site Supporter ☠️
And then we 'bartered' in the bathroom. The End.
I had a great harvest this year, I ended up with a surplus of my crop which I will construct a barn and silo to warehouse it as savings account to draw on for any future needs or wants, I will trade 4 bushels of my crop for 2 Rolling Stones Tickets in Seattle this Wednesday.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You are not thinking deeply and freely enough or you would not have to axe.

What an interesting question to ask. Who invented greed? How far back do we need to go to answer the question?

Does it even matter who invented it at this point?

How do we solve for a problem half the population doesn't see as problematic at all?

My belief in human beings and a peaceful and harmonious existence is brought about with a decent roof over one's head, food on the table, decent healthcare and access to education. If folks needs are met, across oceans and continents, there would be no need for war.

@Blandscape you may consider this my answer to your question about "right" vs "left".

In a gross generalization, the "left" believes we all deserve a decent existence on this blue planet. The right, imo, doesn't think people should work together to have this life. It is an individual's responsibility to pursue it. And the difference couldn't be any starker than that.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’m sorry. $ is meaningful. Lifestyles depend on it. No secret, it’s important to me.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Being on either side of the political spectrum and not having the capacity, or maybe the integrity, to point out when your own side of that spectrum, has lost sight of humanity...that of the people that you believe you're "helping/fighting for" or the people that you oppose.

Total and complete bullshit.

Aylana

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
TBC has three community reporters on staff that post daily BF updates and news, so its not really a forum, more like that TMZ gossip show on cable TV.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
TBC has three community reporters on staff that post daily BF updates and news, so its not really a forum, more like that TMZ gossip show on cable TV.

I wonder if the long time members agree with the focus on BF. I would think they would find it strange or off-putting.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Just everyday things that are and happen in life that you think are bullshit. I'll start.
'New & Improved' technology & gadgets which are supposed to advance our lives, make things simpler but end up doing the opposite. Ie - software updates which are worse & more complicated than the previous release. Cellphones with too many features rendering them unusable & user unfriendly.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Electronic voting machines.

Back when everything was pen and paper it was common to know who won the night of the election. Now that everything's computerized and should be knowable the instant the polls close it seems to take longer every election.

That's bullshit.