40th anniversary of the TMI incident.

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
In mid-March 1979, Americans headed to the theaters to see The China Syndrome. Starring Jane Fonda, Michael Douglas and Jack Lemmon, the disaster thriller follows a broadcast journalist who discovers safety coverups at a nuclear power plant and the plant supervisor who tries to avert a nuclear disaster. Variety
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
“moderately compelling” while the New York Times was a bit more generous,
a “smashingly effective, very stylish suspense melodrama.”

Whatever the critics said, The China Syndrome immediately spurred debate about the dangers of relying on nuclear power and the real-world plausibility of such a disaster. One nuclear power executive said the film was “an overall character assassination of an entire industry.” He reassured readers of the
, “The systems are designed and built in such a way that a reactor will operate safely even if there is a significant equipment failure or human error.”

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I stay near (25miles) Britains six nuclear warheads, we’ll the six everyone knows about and nuclear power stations, not something anyone ever talks about but I do wonder what would happen if a disaster occurred, scary shit!
I wish I could find the full episode

OP
OP
Iggy McLulz

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
The bottom 2 videos aren’t available in my country lol. I’ve watched a lot of documentaries and footage on Chernobyl.
I live pretty close to TMI. Like 20 miles from it. I’ve seen some strange looking bugs since I’ve lived in this area.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
The bottom 2 videos aren’t available in my country lol. I’ve watched a lot of documentaries and footage on Chernobyl.
I live pretty close to TMI. Like 20 miles from it. I’ve seen some strange looking bugs since I’ve lived in this area.
Try searching “Jeremy Wade Chernobyl full episode”... It’ll be about 40mins long but we’ll worth it, the fish are actually in prime condition....

OP
OP
Iggy McLulz

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
Have you read or seen anything about the testing that they were doing at Chernobyl growing hemp to help soak up radiation or am I confused?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
they r like ticking time bombs and they want 2 make more of them ffs

OP
OP
Iggy McLulz

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
Well supposedly ours are safe according to the article I posted. :LOL1: Yet the school offers sodium pills (I think that's what they) are to our children in case of a leak or meltdown.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well supposedly ours are safe according to the article I posted. :LOL1: Yet the school offers sodium pills (I think that's what they) are to our children in case of a leak or meltdown.

i think u mean these things
FAIT_1024x1024.jpg

lol everything is guaranteed 100% safe including our PI, cc info, bank accounts from hackers, nuclear power plants, yada yada yada - until OOPS!! :PanicAttack:

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It's hard for me to look at a map and judge distances by 'as the crow flies' but I figure I'm 10 - 20 miles away. You can clearly see TMI from the top of Mt. Zion Road or Rocky Ridge. When it happened, I was maybe 30 - 40 miles away but within a couple or so miles of the Susquehanna River. So if shit got in the river and flowed downstream, what impact would it have?

I was in 4th grade and we were sent home from school early and told to stay inside. I was sitting there alone and wondering when my parents might get home. I figured my dad would be home sooner since he was a teacher in a school district 20 - 30 minutes away. I worried about my mom being home because she was a nurse and worked 45 minutes away. I worried about what might happen when my parents got home. Were we going to leave and go somewhere else? There was sort of a calm cautionary mode going on but I was left to my thoughts. Everything turned out okay, though. Dad and Mom finally got home from work and we went about our daily routine.

OP
OP
Iggy McLulz

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️

FAIT_1024x1024.jpg

lol everything is guaranteed 100% safe including our PI, cc info, bank accounts from hackers, nuclear power plants, yada yada yada - until OOPS!! :PanicAttack:
Yeah those things lol. I knew what I was saying wasn’t right but I was too lazy to go look it up.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

FAIT_1024x1024.jpg

Yeah those things lol. I knew what I was saying wasn’t right but I was too lazy to go look it up.
i get the minerals and electrolyte things mixed up too lol
i heard ppl talking about them after fukushima when all US sources were sold out of them cause everyone on the west coast bought them up since they detected fallout from japan

its scary cause u cant see or smell it and then your hair falls out so of all things u have 2 die looking like u have mange ffs