American shoppers

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
AMERICAN SHOPPERS ARE A NIGHTMARE
Customers were this awful long before the pandemic.
By
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

AUGUST 3, 2021

The Federal Aviation Administration put some numbers to the most dire parts of the problem of unruly passengers. Less than six months into 2021, airlines had
to the agency than they had in any full year since it began collecting data, in 1995. A Southwest flight attendant lost two teeth after a passenger punched her in the face. A Delta flight had to be diverted after a passenger threatened to take the plane down. Southwest and American Airlines have delayed bringing back alcohol sales, because of the
; United is offering only lower-alcohol options such as beer and wine, and only on long flights.

Flight attendants are merely the tip of the service-work iceberg. Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, videos of irate anti-maskers screaming,
, and
employees at big-box and grocery stores have become a
. As Americans return en masse to more types of in-person commerce, the situation only seems to be declining. At its most violent extreme, workers have been hospitalized or killed.
in one such attack in New York, and in Georgia, a grocery-store cashier was
. Far more frequent are the accounts of short-fused shoppers becoming verbally abusive or otherwise degrading over slow service or sold-out goods. Earlier this month, a restaurant on Cape Cod reportedly was so overwhelmed with rude customers that it

America’s ultra-tense political climate, together with the accumulated personal and economic traumas of the pandemic, have helped spur this animosity, which was already intense and common in the United States. But it’s hardly the only reason that much of the country has decided to take out its pandemic frustrations on the customer-service desk. For generations, American shoppers have been trained to be nightmares. The pandemic has shown just how desperately the consumer class clings to the feeling of being served.

The experience of buying a new television or a double cheeseburger in a store has gotten worse in your lifetime. It’s gotten worse for the people selling TVs and burgers too. The most immediate culprit is decades of cost-cutting; by
during shifts,
and benefits, and not replacing those who quit, executives can shine up a business’s balance sheet in a hurry. Sometimes, you can see these shifts happening in real time, as with pandemic-era QR-code-ordering in restaurants, which allows them to reduce staff—and which is likely to stick around. Wages and resources dwindle, and more expensive and experienced workers get replaced with fewer and more poorly trained new hires. When customers can’t find anyone to help them or have to wait too long in line, they take it out on whichever overburdened employee they eventually hunt down.

The collateral damage of the pandemic has largely been to the lives of workers. Americans were confronted with how little control they actually have over so many parts of life that normally feature the illusion of personal choice—health, government, safety, technology, travel. The truly wealthy and powerful had skipped town to their remote summer homes or ski chalets, many with their
, leaving the rest of us to rot. Agitated and desperate, many people turned to the realm in which they have long been promised the opportunity to exercise control. When that hasn’t worked out, they’ve made a mess. As usual, service workers are left to clean it up.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
People are pissed because you libtards fucked up the entire experience of flying by treating us all like ragheaded dune coons bent on flying planes into buildings rather than targeting filthy shitstain muhzies. I'd simply pass a law that if you're a fukin muhzie, you can still fly, but only on a flying carpet.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
People are pissed because you libtards fucked up the entire experience of flying by treating us all like ragheaded dune coons bent on flying planes into buildings rather than targeting filthy shitstain muhzies. I'd simply pass a law that if you're a fukin muhzie, you can still fly, but only on a flying carpet.

Didn't read the op. As usual, mouthing off when you don't even know what the topic is.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Didn't read the op. As usual, mouthing off when you don't even know what the topic is.
Read it all. Cunt.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Read it all. Cunt.

Then why not say something about it, tiny dick?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Read it all. Cunt.

Then why not say something about it, tiny dick?
I did. idiot.

BTW, I gifted 2 guns to relatives. My dick popped out into the sunlight again so I'm going to buy 2 replacements this weekend.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
“Frontline workers in health care, child care, hospitality and food service industries, pushed to the brink of human endurance, decide that the grueling hours, inadequate pay, lack of balance and abuse by employers and clientele are no longer acceptable trade-offs for their mental and physical well-being.” — Karla L. Miller,

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Americans are boors. The place is going to shit.

It's probably like that in other countries too, Lily.

The Pandemic has strained everyone's patience.

It's no fun to go out anywhere these days let alone to shop.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Maybe if the shopping season is too stressful in America they ought come ta Canada ta shop instead. We have many of the same stores & products as the USA & more imported products from Europe & Asia. 75 cent dollar too.

We welcome our American friends eh.

Spend yer dollars here instead of back home.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It's weird. The Portuguese have this deeply ingrained cultural thing. They are just always polite and friendly. A lot of people that you know were pushed to near ruin have re-opened their shops and they and their employees could not be nicer.

I am not trying to constantly brag about Portugal. It's just a fact that never ceases to amaze me, even after being here for more than two years. (And besides, you mentioned other countries, Joe. :Happy5:)

I know the Portuguese people have complaints, because they are not hesitant to tell you, but they remain so warm and optimistic. None of this "I want to kill everyone" attitude.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Maybe if the shopping season is too stressful in America they ought come ta Canada ta shop instead. We have many of the same stores & products as the USA & more imported products from Europe & Asia. 75 cent dollar too.

We welcome our American friends eh.

Spend yer dollars here instead of back home.

But I think the big problem is the way American emloyees, especially in the service sector, are underpaid and overworked. It's a horrible situation.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
But I think the big problem is the way American emloyees, especially in the service sector, are underpaid and overworked. It's a horrible situation.

What do you consider the "service sector"?

Because "service" is not a sector.

These are examples of sectors. Each of them have people who act as service providers:

Information Technology

Health Care

Financials

Consumer Discretionary

Communication

Industrials

Consumer Staples

Energy

Utilities

Real Estate

Materials

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

It's weird. The Portuguese have this deeply ingrained cultural thing. They are just always polite and friendly. A lot of people that you know were pushed to near ruin have re-opened their shops and they and their employees could not be nicer.

I am not trying to constantly brag about Portugal. It's just a fact that never ceases to amaze me, even after being here for more than two years. (And besides, you mentioned other countries, Joe. :Happy5:)

I know the Portuguese people have complaints, because they are not hesitant to tell you, but they remain so warm and optimistic. None of this "I want to kill everyone" attitude.
Not that weird really if you look at their appalling history and involvement in the slave trade. Their butchering was barbaric too. It only makes sense that they would want to separate future generations from their unsavoury past. History 101.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

What do you consider the "service sector"?

Because "service" is not a sector.

These are examples of sectors. Each of them have people who act as service providers:

Information Technology

Health Care

Financials

Consumer Discretionary

Communication

Industrials

Consumer Staples

Energy

Utilities

Real Estate

Materials

OK.

Understanding Service Sector
The service sector, also known as the tertiary sector, is the third tier in the three sector economy. Instead of the product production, this sector produces services maintenance and repairs, training, or consulting. Examples of service sector jobs include housekeeping, tours, nursing, and teaching. By contrast, individuals employed in the industrial or manufacturing sectors produce
, such as cars, clothes, or equipment.

• The service sector is the part of the economy that provides various services, as opposed to providing tangible goods such as cars and televisions.
  • The service sector is the largest sector of the economy in developed nations.
  • The rapid growth of service-related industries has been fueled by increases in knowledge and data, and rapid technological advances – especially, improvements in communication.

Lessons in the Service Sector

Today service industries have assumed the mantle of economic leadership. These industries—encompassing trade, communications, transportation, food and lodging, financial and medical services, education, government, and technical services to industry—account for about 70% of the national income and three-fourths of the nonfarm jobs in the United States.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Examples of service sector jobs include housekeeping, tours, nursing, and teaching.

Housekeeping for home builders is part of the Real Estate Sector.

Housekeeping for home owners is part of the Consumer Discretionary Sector.

Tours are part of the Consumer Discretionary Sector.

Nursing is part of the Health Care Sector.

Teaching is part of the Education Sector.

To lump all services together is ridiculous, and it leads to ridiculous, generalized statements like "employees in the service sector are underpaid".

Fuck, like you can equate some gender studies retard cleaning the toilets of homeowners (who is paid a shit wage because they are unqualified to do anything that any other retard could not do) to the plumber who installed the toilets (who is paid a decent wage because he learned a skilled trade) to someone like me who writes custom software for $150/hour.

It is laughable that you found a definition on Investopedia.

"I am going to diversify my portfolio. I will allocate 20% of my investment to the Service Sector."

What the fuck does that mean? Financial? Communication? Health Care? Is is so unspecific to say "Service Sector"

But stupid people repeat stupid things. I cannot stop you, LettuceButt. I can only provide the service of pointing out your stupidity.

Now pay me.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Examples of service sector jobs include housekeeping, tours, nursing, and teaching.

To lump all services together is ridiculous, and it leads to ridiculous, generalized statements like "employees in the service sector are underpaid".

Fuck, like you can equate some gender studies retard cleaning the toilets of homeowners (who is paid a shit wage because they are unqualified to do anything that any other retard could not do) to the plumber who installed the toilets (who is paid a decent wage because he learned a skilled trade) to someone like me who writes custom software for $150/hour.

"I am going to diversify my portfolio. I will allocate 20% of my investment to the Service Sector."

What the fuck does that mean? Financial? Communication? Health Care? Is is so unspecific to say "Service Sector"

But stupid people repeat stupid things. I cannot stop you, LettuceButt. I can only provide the service of pointing out your stupidity.

Now pay me.

You're nuts, you know that. I just posted three of the millions of articles I found on the "service sector." I did not use that term incorrectly. You're just picking at bullshit. The term is used everywhere. I wasn't talking about investment portfolios, you fucking nitwit. I was talking about low-paying jobs. The last article I posted is from Harvard. I guess they're using the term incorrectly, also, because they're not right wing fuckwits. Fuck off and die.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Feature
Rapid Change Is Coming to the Service Sector

We often think of the service sector as more resistant to, say, offshoring of jobs and the automation of tasks. After all, people delivering services historically needed to be close to the people buying them. But that’s no longer entirely the case with the internet, mobile devices and ubiquitous access. Automation has expanded from back rooms to front offices. New online consumer services such as navigation, search and social networking have appeared. Content distribution is being radically disrupted. Self-service, in combination with automation and online access, is taking over many basic transactions.

That's from the UCLA Anderson School of Management, you dipshit. Yeah, it's a very well respected business school. You should let them know they're using the term "service sector" wrong, you absolute moron.

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Now pay me.

You're nuts, you know that. I just posted three of the millions of articles I found on the "service sector." I did not use that term incorrectly. You're just picking at bullshit. The term is used everywhere. I wasn't talking about investment portfolios, you fucking nitwit. I was talking about low-paying jobs. The last article I posted is from Harvard. I guess they're using the term incorrectly, also, because they're not right wing fuckwits. Fuck off and die.

It's why he's Prowler the Petty, though I like Howler for its brevity.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Now pay me.

So you are standing by your statement that I am underpaid when I am paid $150/hour for "service sector" work?

Who is nuts? Hahahaha!!!!!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Now pay me.

It's why he's Prowler the Petty, though I like Howler for its brevity.

You guys can talk about it at your monthly meeting.

"Hello, my name is Lily the Leaker and I am a victim of TheProwler..."