Baseball Champions

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
To give you an idea of the age demographics on my team, I am the oldest player, one guy is about 5 years younger than me (he has two sons on the team), and after him, the next oldest player is about 20 years younger than me. The youngest player is 19.

We have this fairly new tradition on my team to present the Player of the Game with a belt to honour their performance. It has been given to some weaker players through the season to recognize their efforts, even though they will never really be the best player in any game.

But in the Championship Game, it was given to one of the best players on the team for a stellar performance.

That would be me.

Offensively, I drove in 3 runs (3 RBIs baby!!) and scored a run. We had 12 players at the game, so one player being directly involved in half the runs is pretty outstanding.

Defensively, I gave the usual solid defence that I am known for and I made several excellent plays at 3rd base, including starting a key double play to shut down what was starting to look like a rally by our opponents.

This is me showing off the belt at home.

zamxMMv.jpg

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Speaking of Baseball, I'm thinking of cashing in my baseball card collection.

117d09d2c4f45e1763c96acc4e254715190aa07e.jpeg

How well will this do at Auction, in your guesstimation?

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
My baseball league has only been in existence since 2011 when we were not really a league, but just two teams.

We went to 4 teams in 2012 and played that way until 2019.

Then Covid.

2020, 2021, and 2022 did not have regular seasons.

This year we got back to the normal four team season.

So there has been a total of 9 full, regular seasons. Of the 9 seasons, my team has won 5 championships: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2019, and 2023.

@Lily @Flynn @Joe Are you going to congratulate me?

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Murdy, your baseball skills peaked when you were about 12 years old.

Did you ever think of trying to play now that you are old and fat?

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I am taking the coaches out for dinner on Thursday.

I am not sure if I will bring The Belt to the restaurant....