Bastard Factory Members' Favourite Recipes

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Try it with pumpkin soup too...Use butternut pumpkin..

I make it all the time...

Ingredients for the world's nicest cream of pumpkin soup and my recipe

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

1/2 a butternut pumpkin (or whole small butternut pumpkin) (leave skin on)

1 medium onion (peel and dice)

2-3 carrots (peel and chop)

1 medium potato (wash and leave skins on)

1 skinless and fatless chicken breast diced (optional).

Cut all those up in small pieces, add salt, and 1.2 litres of boiling water...

bring to boil and turn down and simmer for ten minutes

add chopped 1/4 of a cauliflower and one stick of celery

simmer for 7 minutes longer (your soup is cooked)

add 60 - 70 grams minimum of butter (3 ozs) I use butter instead of cream.

Now tonights water for the soup was this weeks stored veggie water ( veggie stock) that contained garlic. This was the first time I used garlic and it was DIVINE... however most of the time I use just salt. Other combinations I've used is fresh corriander (divine too), and at other times, black pepper... ALL of them work. Just with work what you have on hand in the fridge or cupboards.. but the soup contains 5 veggies and one or two cups a day is your minimum veggie allowance for good health. This is a very filling low calories soup PERFECT for well being and it tastes great. Just go easy on the butter otherwise too much kills the taste.

When it's all cooked, used a barmix to puree it to a creamy texture

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
This is a chilli recipe that you can make on a weeknight in under an hour. Lots of other recipes call for simmering for at least an hour, sometimes even more! The reality of that is tough, so we've perfected this chilli to be done in just 40 minutes. If you prefer a thicker chilli that develops flavours over a low and slow heat, follow this recipe but simmer it at a lower heat for longer.
Make it ahead! Chilli is one of those dishes that tastes even better the next day. If you want to make it ahead of time, just be sure to let it come to room temperature before putting it an airtight container and storing it in the fridge. Leftover will last 3 to 5 days.
Double it. Need to feed a big crowd? This recipe is easy to double (or triple!).
Spice is king. Everyone knows a good chilli has a complex flavour; this is thanks to a bunch of different spices at work. Cooks swear by all sorts of spices in their chilli—everything from cinnamon to mustard powder—but these are the four we'll always make a pot with: chilli powder, cumin, dried oregano, and paprika.
Beef can be swapped. If you love the heartiness of a beef chilli, but are trying to eat less beef, turkey mince or chicken totally works with this recipe.
Why not try out our
recipe?

Makes: 6

Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins

Total Time: 0 hours 40 mins

Ingredients

1 tbsp.
extra-virgin olive oil

1/2
large white onion, chopped

cloves garlic, crushed

2 tbsp.
tomato pureé

680 g
beef mince

1 1/2 tbsp.
chilli powder

1 tsp.
ground cumin

1 tsp.
dried oregano

1/2 tsp.
paprika

1/4 tsp.
cayenne pepper (optional)

salt

Freshly ground black pepper

(400g) can kidney beans, drained

(400g) tins chopped tomatoes

TOPPINGS

Grated cheddar

Sour cream

Thinly sliced spring onions

Directions

1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more, then add tomato pureé, stirring to combine. Add
    mince and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to heat.
  2. Add chilli powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, cayenne (if using), and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour in kidney beans and chopped tomatoes and bring chilli to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
  3. Ladle into bowls and top with cheddar, sour cream, and spring onions.

Chilli gets thicker as it cooks. If you prefer thick chilli, let this one simmer for at least 1 hour.

Cook long grain rice as per instructions if you desire

Ad1Mjpa.jpg

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@Oerdin - I'll post my pasta salad .. a complete invention but based on a greek salad I guess.

Box of pasta, little bow pasta is the nicest.
1 stick of celery
3 small tomatoes
a jar of black pitted olives
2 or 3 Spring onions
cucumber
Pine nuts
Marinated feta cheese
1 red capsicum (bell pepper USA)
Thousand Island Salad Dressing

Cook pasta (do not over-cook) in salted water. Poor off boiling water and cool down pasta.

Dice other ingredients, bong in a bowl, poor salad dressing over, poor the pasta over, toss in a bowl.

I put all the ingredients in a lettuce keeper and then roll the bowl. That coats everything nicely.