Boston Bruins retire Number 22 of Willy O'ree (the 1st Black Player in the NHL)

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Race was not even a factor.

He was good enough for the NHL, so he played in the NHL. Race had nothing to do with it. If there was another black guy good enough, he would have played in the NHL too.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

He was good enough for the NHL, so he played in the NHL. Race had nothing to do with it. If there was another black guy good enough, he would have played in the NHL too.

It was hard to make it in those days too @The Prowler. There were only 120 spots & 6 teams.

So really it was an elite league of All Stars.

The NHL has way too many teams.

The NHL is so watered down now & they look and play like it.

I've never seen so many uninspiring blah games as in today's 'New NHL'

Reactions: X

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Do you have the stats on how many people play organized minor hockey versus number of NHL teams?

I suspect way way way more people play organized minor hockey now than back then. I would bet a lower percentage of players make it to the NHL now than then.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Do you have the stats on how many people play organized minor hockey versus number of NHL teams?

I suspect way way way more people play organized minor hockey now than back then. I would bet a lower percentage of players make it to the NHL now than then.

There's not enough talent to fill 32 teams at a Professional level Prowler.

The NHL can't mint/manufacture a Superstar like Bobby Orr or Wayne Gretzky anymore than the NBA can produce another Michael Jordan overnight.

But the NHL tries to fool hockey fans into thinking this is possible.

I think they have a serious shortage of talent in the NHL these days.

Reactions: X

X

xXx
Site Supporter

he was the first tho' you bunghole prowler ..

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

So do we celebrate

The First Player to Wear Glasses?

The First Player Under 160 pounds?

The First vegan?

The First Player Over 250 pounds?

The First redhead?

The First car accident survivor?

The First Player to start a charitable organization?

No.

We have to say "Wow, you overcame being BLACK!!!"

"What an accomplishment!!!!"

X

xXx
Site Supporter

So do we celebrate

The First vegan?

The First redhead?

No.

the first black player in a game dominated by whites in an era it wasn't easy to do ..if someone has had a very bad accident in a vehicle and overcame great odds to become a hockey player it is often mentioned not celebrated but treated respectfully, first readhead ?? youre just a fucking idiot and lots of players have charitable foundations ... stop yappin' for yappins' sake bellend I realize darky hurt you and youve many gripes so yeah thats it from me attention sPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN bye bye

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

So do we celebrate

The First vegan?

The First redhead?

No.

the first black player in a game dominated by whites in an era it wasn't easy to do ..if someone has had a very bad accident in a vehicle and overcame great odds to become a hockey player it is often mentioned not celebrated but treated respectfully, first readhead ?? youre just a fucking idiot and lots of players have charitable foundations ... stop yappin' for yappins' sake bellend I realize darky hurt you and youve many gripes so yeah thats it from me attention sPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN bye bye

The game is dominated by brown, black, and blonde haired individuals. We need to celebrate the redheads who broke the hair-colour barrier.

"Everything is aboutzz the racezzzzz!!!!"

Fuck off.

X

xXx
Site Supporter

So do we celebrate

The First vegan?

The First redhead?

No.

The game is dominated by brown, black, and blonde haired individuals. We need to celebrate the redheads who broke the hair-colour barrier.

"Everything is aboutzz the racezzzzz!!!!"

Fuck off.
200.gif