Could the Ukraine War reach a critical point soon?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
....this analyst thinks so.

Perhaps it may be a 'Stalingrad moment' or turning point of the war for either side?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I think it will go long. The Russians feel they have to have Ukraine to secure their strategic defenses so I doubt they will stop.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Putin can't stop now. Not unless he wants to look like a complete idiot like BIden for wasting billions of dollars and God knows how many Russian lives.

He needs to continue until his objectives are completed. End of

and I don't buy for one single second all the outrageous human atrocities they're saying he's committing while making this corrupt thug out to be a hero of some kind cause he does some Alexandria Cortez style photo shoot in army garb... pfft.. fuck him. If he cared about his people he would have taken Putin seriously just like Castro did during the Cuban missile crisis.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The problem is Putin's goals are past Ukraine and the Ukraine is just in the way. NATO is afraid will start WW3 unless he gets decisively defeated in Ukraine.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The problem is Putin's goals are past Ukraine and the Ukraine is just in the way. NATO is afraid will start WW3 unless he gets decisively defeated in Ukraine.

I think the Ukraine and NATO are gonna defeat Russia @Oerdin .

Russia is sustaining too many losses to make their war effort sustainable.

Seems those javelin missiles are Russia's Achilles heel.

Their tanks are next to useless against them.

Russia's using old technology against 21st century weapons.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I worry that Russia will strike at airports in Poland. The US has committed to moving Ukraine to a NATO based equipment military. Largely because NATO is running out of old Soviet equipment and ammo to give to Ukraine. Putin knows if that $40 billion worth of equipment makes it to the front lines in Ukraine then he has lost.

So he has a choice; either he goes all in or he folds. Putin is being extremely quiet right now and that is making a lot of people nervous.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Russia is slowly advancing, the $40 billion bill from the US only included $6 billion for weapons and most is just slush funds for various US government agencies, and it looks like Russia is slowly wearing Ukraine down. Henry Kissinger even spoke at Davos saying that a negotiated partition of Ukraine is probably the best possible outcome. The other option is another 3-4 months of general war followed by Russian occupation and unconventional war.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Russia has made many gains in Ukraine. Hopefully, they settle for what they've won. If not, things will escallate.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Russia eliminates age limit for military due to heavy loses in Ukraine. It is worth noting that Russia had a baby bust all through the 1980s which got worse in the 1990s and it has never really recovered. That means Russia is currently running out of people under age 30 and even short on people under age 40. The average life expectancy for men in Russia is only 58. They have a massive HIV and TB infection rate with something like 25% of the population infected as well.

Russia is a country in terminal demographic decline and it knows it. Thus why Putin knew he had to act now or he would lose the ability to act at all. He wants to rebuild the USSR and plug as many of the 9 geographic choke points as he can but three of those are in NATO so he very well might see a war in Eastern Europe.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

BTW yesterday a 65 year old retired Russian pilot got shot down flying an SU-25 on a combat mission in Ukraine. The Russians are so stretched for men they are sending in 65 year olds. The elderly pilot died.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Russia has made many gains in Ukraine. Hopefully, they settle for what they've won. If not, things will escallate.

I believe Putin's goal is complete annexation of both Ukraine and Maldova. He considers this round one, IMHO. Next he is going to want the Bessarabian gap, the Polish gap, and the Baltic states. Russian geostrategic thinking for the last 300+ years, at least since Cathrine the Great, has always been built on this idea.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I believe Putin's goal is complete annexation of both Ukraine and Maldova. He considers this round one, IMHO. Next he is going to want the Bessarabian gap, the Polish gap, and the Baltic states. Russian geostrategic thinking for the last 300+ years, at least since Cathrine the Great, has always been built on this idea.
Like Patton said, they think like Chinese.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We shall see how things go in the east. The Ukrainians haven't really shown a capability to retake captured labs when resisted.