Could you?

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
I'm a bit of an audiophile. I fuckin hate posting the compressed audio files from You Tube in the music threads. Plus I have to find the damn track to post it. Is it possible to post Spotify tracks or other ways of not posting shit that sounds like you're listening to it through a sock?

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm pretty sure spotify only provides a sample of the song unless you are signed in. You might be better off using something like soundcloud.

OP
OP
The Scoundrel

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
tweak it with your audiophile EQ then

One can't 'tweek' what is no longer there and due to the rape of audio which YouTube commits there is very little sonic information left to adjust. Besides. Being an audiophile but not owning one leaves me sat with a bunch of parametrics, graphics and spectrum analysers twiddling my thumbs. Perhaps I could afford my own personal audiophile if I booked it through Fiverr although i struggle to see what even a motivated Paki could do with the sound soup those money grabbing labias leave us with.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
tweak it with your audiophile EQ then

One can't 'tweek' what is no longer there and due to the rape of audio which YouTube commits there is very little sonic information left to adjust. Besides. Being an audiophile but not owning one leaves me sat with a bunch of parametrics, graphics and spectrum analysers twiddling my thumbs. Perhaps I could afford my own personal audiophile if I booked it through Fiverr although i struggle to see what even a motivated Paki could do with the sound soup those money grabbing labias leave us with.
ok, so what ur saying is that didnt sound good?

try better phones or speakers, i mean that audio is as good as it gets

OP
OP
The Scoundrel

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
ok, so what ur saying is that didnt sound good?

try better phones or speakers, i mean that audio is as good as it gets

Jeannie. I was a pro recording engineer for some years and my ears are highly attuned to all manner of aural defects. You don't need years of experience nor an expensive sound system to know that all YouTubes sound abysmal though. This is due to the extreme compression of the MP3 audio files they use. It's not their fault. They provide a vast and mostly free music catologue whch due to it's algorithms provides, sometimes very good musical suggestions, and I'm sure we've all found new music because of this. It is an iron clad truth though that sound quality is on the slightly shinier side of dour most of the time. It doesn't matter whether you have a particularly good system but listen to a YouTube and a clean version. Preferably a hard copy like vinyl or a cd but if not Spotify claim they don't compress files merely normalise volumes to make up for loud or quiet productions. Whilst I far prefer to listen to complete audio files I'll continue to search for new music on YouTube as it is an almost infinate library. When I like the music though I'll always attempt to get the best quality I can and now I know how to post a Spotify track (thanks CW) i'll try and share better. Easy case in point for you. That track 'Young Hearts Run Free' that I posted earlier. Listen to the Spotify version alongside the YouTube. You understand what I mean now? All other tracks are like that to a certain extent.